Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

15 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Boring they've printed crappy articles like this everyday since the referendum and nothings happened, all they ever say is this could happen, how stupid do you have to be to keep falling for this rubbish. Here I'll make up tomorrows headline for you:

The world is definitely going to end after Brexit, a survey has revealed that 100% of all physicists agree that the world will end at some point after Brexit. The survey was conducted by Markit a company who predicted remain would win the referendum and have thus far predicted a recession will definitely start today for 635 days in a row since the referendum, but this time they're super sure they're right. A leading expert who no ones ever heard of before says Brexit made my kitten sad. There we have it folks scientific proof Brexit makes kittens sad.

My God. The loss of international purchasing power of the uk pound since July 2016 on all major currencies is a fact. 

Beware that your pro-brexit ideology, not atrophies to an obvious stupidity

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Bang on the nail!

Staying in the EU means yet more open door immigration

Open door immigration means more workers

which means lower wages

which means bigger profits

which means more money for businesses and businessmen and those who they support and who support them.

But leaving  the EU and specifically the single market means 

Less companies will chose to locate in the UK.

Many companies already here will relocate to the rest of the EU 

Which means less jobs in the UK

Which means lower wages  

Which means lower profits 

which means a smaller tax base 

Which means more austerity 

6 hours ago, bomber said:

i doubt he would get much sympathy being a skint sex tourist only coming home for free medical care,should become an EU expat and he wouldnt of even had to travel for a hospital,whoops i forgot he doesnt like the EU

Well you do not know what type of tourist he is and stigmatising is cheap. If he is 67 I would imagine he had paid his national insurance all his life and was told that he had the services of the NHS. Sadly the NHS is not what it was and a big factor is down to the immigration policy. Thanks to the EU.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well you do not know what type of tourist he is and stigmatising is cheap. If he is 67 I would imagine he had paid his national insurance all his life and was told that he had the services of the NHS. Sadly the NHS is not what it was and a big factor is down to the immigration policy. Thanks to the EU.

my great aunt died a few weeks ago aged 100,she had nothing but praise for it same as me and my family,just dont expect to walk into a waiting room to see staff with their feet up and playing cards,draining the bankrupt nations resources,its a tough old world and all services have to be efficient or taxes rise.iam sure you wont be left to die,just be realistic and stop moaning and blaming the EU

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Which means lower wages  

they dont understand,the thought of a immigrant getting treatment in a hospital before them is all that bothers them,and they call me selfish,i think they must be visiting hospitals on a daily basis,drink or drugs problems maybe both.

Nissan have just pulled the X-Trail from Sunderland.

The investment for this was announced to much fan fair after Nissan management met May in Downing St and hatched a secret plan in 2016.

No doubt the Sunderland epsilons will still be chanting for Brexit.

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And more good news: Nissan shelving plans to build new X-Trail in UK, claims report — https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/02/nissan-x-trail-uk-brexit

Maybe those cars can be replaced with fish from the Faroer Islands. Anyway, happy to welcome all those businesses Brexiteers don’t want in their little England in Europe. And with all the Polish and Bulgarian workers gone, those English factory workers losing employment will find enough job opportunities waiting for them. 

Brexit. A success story. 

The much vaunted Tory Industrial policy is in tatters.

I'm a great believer in genuine apprentice schemes, the sort that have been provided on a large scale by major manufacturers like JLR.

Say goodby to those. I guess upwardly mobile C1 youth will just have to the academic route scorned by Brexiters. Shame.

Lord Hall, once Director General of the BBC, when asked if MSM had a negative effect generally, made an interesting comment. He said "we can no longer make them eat their greens" since the advent of digital media. He's correct of course.

Back when we had 3 channels on TV, viewers had little choice but to watch The News, Tonight, Panorama, World in Action while waiting for entertainment.

Now, competition for "grazing" viewers means that even "serious" programs such as Question Time are reduced to a competitive panel game.

Far fewer resources are put in to News and current affairs programming.

IMO this is a key reason for the dumbing down of the population. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Lord Hall, once Director General of the BBC, when asked if MSM had a negative effect generally, made an interesting comment. He said "we can no longer make them eat their greens" since the advent of digital media. He's correct of course.

Back when we had 3 channels on TV, viewers had little choice but to watch The News, Tonight, Panorama, World in Action while waiting for entertainment.

Now, competition for "grazing" viewers means that even "serious" programs such as Question Time are reduced to a competitive panel game.

Far fewer resources are put in to News and current affairs programming.

I would start in the classroom where the dumbing down starts and that's down to both Labour and conservative governments which needs a thread of its own to discuss.

Plus the rise of reality shows and the x factor generation. IMHO

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

Potentially very bad news for the North-East.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-47102708

According to The Sunday Times plans have been made to evacuate the Queen if unrest breaks out after a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs/the_papers

According to Reuters those emergency evactuation plans have been in place since the cold war.

But Merkel has said should the UK crash out without a deal sales to the UK of sausage and cheese would cease immediately, but that would be the wurst kase scenario.

31 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I would start in the classroom where the dumbing down starts and that's down to both Labour and conservative governments which needs a thread of its own to discuss.

Plus the rise of reality shows and the x factor generation. IMHO

You obviously have little contact with the graduates from modern class rooms.

I look forward to the That thread.

33 minutes ago, bannork said:

Potentially very bad news for the North-East.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-47102708

According to The Sunday Times plans have been made to evacuate the Queen if unrest breaks out after a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs/the_papers

It’s not at all bad news for the North-East.

It is precisely what they voted for.

10 hours ago, bomber said:

sorry but your getting nowhere,comparing thailand and portugal is like chalk and cheese mate,they encourage decent retiree's with money and pensions,thailand doesnt want you there anymore,surely you have noticed this,even more so skint old men living off nothing but a state pension,his money would of gone further without brexit but i bet he wont admit it,perhaps you can tell us how much he has squandered on drink and whores over the years when he should of had medical insurance while living there,the man is not the brightest spark in the box it seems but iam sure he enjoyed his time in spoonies at 0900 till 2000 everyday with his fellow brexit fans,as for making a film i doubt he would get much sympathy being a skint sex tourist only coming home for free medical care,should become an EU expat and he wouldnt of even had to travel for a hospital,whoops i forgot he doesnt like the EU

"i doubt he would get much sympathy being a skint sex tourist only coming home for free medical care,should become an EU expat and he wouldnt of even had to travel for a hospital,whoops i forgot he doesnt like the EU"

He spent his whole working life paying Graduated National Insurance like I have and you may have done. It's a scheme that guaranteed British working people health care when needed, that's why it's called insurance.

In his case he did not receive any care other than a cursory examination and feared he had cancer in his stomach yet they still told to come back two weeks later which meant he had to wander the streets in the meantime. It happened last winter which luckily was rather mild in London.

I don't know whether he likes the EU or not as he has no political views or affiliations and has never voted in his life.

And you don't even know him so I don't see how you could possibly have forgotten that "he doesnt like the EU" You can't possibly forget something that you were unaware of in the first place.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Eyup, od on a minute. I thought all Remainers were educated, especially the young voters who see their future in the EU?

Does this mean they have been dumbed down for them to swallow the official rote that we can't survive without the EU? Can't be the older generation because they are just natural morons?

The real reason for dumning down is because the ones who did learn something were brainwashed by trendy lefty on-message teachers and lecturers. The others did not learn anything because of the very same teachers who failed miserably in their real jobs to teach.

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

Ignorance is hardly a valid argument.

CE certificates issued in the UK will no longer be valid so business can no longer use the CE mark. Business must change their ways which means having the necessary markings and documentation redone, a headache and cost that business can well do without.

8 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And more good news: Nissan shelving plans to build new X-Trail in UK, claims report — https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/02/nissan-x-trail-uk-brexit

Maybe those cars can be replaced with fish from the Faroer Islands. Anyway, happy to welcome all those businesses Brexiteers don’t want in their little England in Europe. And with all the Polish and Bulgarian workers gone, those English factory workers losing employment will find enough job opportunities waiting for them. 

Brexit. A success story. 

During Sky's Press review this morning a panelist noted that this relates to a THIRTY GRAND Diesel SUV that Nissan had realized was hardly likely to be flying out of the showrooms regardless of Brexit & same could be said of Jaguar/LR etc.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I think I like the new version so far. It still has the same 4:1 ratio of lefty talking head Remainers to one sane and Leave panelist but the audience involvement has improved. Has the beeb been told to do something about its institutional bias? Is there a new doorman? Is there a shortage of rabid Remainers on Thursday nights? Have there been too many real members of the public allowed to slip through the BBC vetting process?

I think the audience should be provided with rotting vegetables on entry. Show the politicians and elites your opinion on their claptrap.

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Maybe its more to do with the EU anti diesel rules?

EU. A spin and subjugation story

Of course, the whole article can be taken as a spin, the UK are obviously going to get a better deal with Japan than the EU.

The reports follow the announcement of a free-trade deal between the EU and Japan on Friday. The EU will reduce the 10% duties on car imports to zero by 2027, with Japan’s government estimating it could increase GDP by 1%, the BBC reported.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Ignorance is hardly a valid argument.

CE certificates issued in the UK will no longer be valid so business can no longer use the CE mark. Business must change their ways which means having the necessary markings and documentation redone, a headache and cost that business can well do without.

If a product has a CE mark on 29th March, what's the actual problem with exactly the same product manufactured one day later on 30th March?

Remainers and the EU just creating problems with "Rules is rules."

5 hours ago, tebee said:

Which means lower wages  

You're assuming this. We are still in the EU, we've not left it yet. We've not established new trading agreements either. Germany is not going to like losing the British market for its exports among which have been one fifth of all cars made in the Fatherland and neither are France, Spain, Italy, nor the Benelux nations. Your post is pure speculation and conjecture.

Unlike your post mine is based on fact, reality and experience because I've been a victim of the importation of cheap scab labour. My colleagues and I were laid off in 2004 for no tangible reason.

We soon discovered that our replacements were Eastern Europeans working for half of what we had been earning. I never worked full time again after that and the tax payer had to fork out to keep myself and my colleagues unless of course unlike myself they found alternative employment. I lost touch with them soon after that.

And incidentally you yourself were included among our benefactors if you were indeed a tax paying British citizen at the time. If you were thanks for your donation. I've no doubt you were happy coughing up to make such a contribution.

There were just four of us who lost our livelihood that day but we were just a few of thousands that it happened to at the time. Since then it's probably been millions.

Think of all that money that British businessmen and their shareholder chums have saved by being able to access the European labour market. It would probably make you cream your pants except it's unlikely that you're seeing a penny of it.

Big companies profits only benefit themselves not you and me. Amazon and Starbucks make billions out of cheap foreign labour in the UK, check how much tax they pay! It's on the internet.

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

During Sky's Press review this morning a panelist opined that this relates to a THIRTY GRAND Diesel SUV that Nissan had realized was hardly likely to be flying out of the showrooms at that price regardless of Brexit & same could be said of Jaguar/LR etc.

It doesn't really matter what you, I or the media think, it's more to do with the reality surrounding the car industry. In a time of general uncertainty it is not a smart move to start upsetting those holding the purse strings.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course, the whole article can be taken as a spin, the UK are obviously going to get a better deal with Japan than the EU.

The reports follow the announcement of a free-trade deal between the EU and Japan on Friday. The EU will reduce the 10% duties on car imports to zero by 2027, with Japan’s government estimating it could increase GDP by 1%, the BBC reported.

So nothing to do with Brexit then? Japan can bring their UK factory jobs back home to Japan, because they have a new free-trade deal with the EU. Our partners in Brussels working against the UK interest again.

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If a product has a CE mark on 29th March, what's the actual problem with exactly the same product manufactured one day later on 30th March?

If the certificate has not been renewed in Europe by 29th March then the mark cannot be used and technically the product cannot be sold. At the moment it is all as clear as mud.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You obviously have little contact with the graduates from modern class rooms.

I look forward to the That thread.

You have no idea. I know first hand.

Many Graduates, in particularly in the last 10 years can barely spell and string a sentence together.

Degree's now are much easier and rarely does anyone fail. They give out firsts like candy and the evidence is there if you do some simple research

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So nothing to do with Brexit then? Japan can bring their UK factory jobs back home to Japan, because they have a new free-trade deal with the EU. Our partners in Brussels working against the UK interest again.

It is the UK working against the UK by not being prepared to participate in that FTA, and that has something to do with brexit.

Archived