Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

50 minutes ago, nontabury said:

We cannot stop them crossing the channel. But we did stop a foreign aggressor in 1940.

Without the help of Czech, Polish, Belgian and French pilots it is very possible that the Luftwaffe would have won the Battle of Britain. 

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Unfortunately in 2019 we are unable to do so. Is that progress.

F6EF3B30-EABC-4C92-95B4-AAA9F1D53C0A.jpeg

Not the first time you've posted that particular piece of ballocks. Care to say where you got it from?

Even if this rubbish were true; leaving the EU would not change it one jot. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, bomber said:

there are 26/27 nations in the EU some will go do better than others its a fact and unavoidable,again like your fellow loonies your problem is not with the EU but germany,a weaker euro is also good for the exports of spain,portugal,italy,greece etc,but you are obsessed with Germany.as it happens the euro isnt even weak if your took the time to check its performing well ,and if you have worked in the city for 33 years ive got two male reproductive organs.

It's the levelling out of the Euro's strength across 28 nations of differing economies that gives a country like Germany an advantage. If Germany had the DM and Italy had the Lira, the DM would be much stronger than the Lira, and therefore Italian exports would be cheaper.  By sharing the same currency the Italians don't get that benefit. And Germany, despite having a much stronger economy are competing on the same playing field as Italy. 

I don't expect you to understand this, but it's worth a try. 

By the way there are 28 nations in the EU, and there will be 27 after the UK leaves. So your guess of 26/27 wasn't bad. You clearly know your stuff...

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Without the help of Czech, Polish, Belgian and French pilots it is very possible that the Luftwaffe would have won the Battle of Britain.

Come on 49 you 'mention it' more often than John Cleese! ????

If you want to bash us with fresh meat why haven't any of you picked up on Homer Simpson (Chris Grayling)'s 'No Ferry' deal going pear shaped?

The unfair policy of ALL British governments, was challenged in 2008 at the European Court of Human Rights ( ECHR ). Where a panel of judges from different countries, upheld the Governments decision to freeze the British state pension in Certain countries. Amazingly, these included judges from countries, who do not discriminate against their own pensioners,who happen to  live in other parts of the world. 

The reasons why some British ex pats get annual increases in their state pensions and others don't, depending on where they live, is nothing to do with the EU.

Other than the EEA countries, Switzerland and Gibraltar, British pensioners only get the annual increase if they live in a country with bilateral pension agreement with the UK; see Countries where we pay an annual increase in the State Pension.

Post Brexit, pensioners in EEA countries and Switzerland will only continue to get the annual increase if the UK has such an agreement with the EU/EEA/Switzerland.

The ECHR is also nothing to do with the EU.

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah and the italian lira would be weak so imports would be more expensive.

But let's leave out the other half of the economics. 

The UK imports more than it exports: https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

Guess what that means...

Fair point, and I realise there are many other factors. I just wanted to explain how the Euro benefits a large export economy such as Germany's. 

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's the levelling out of the Euro's strength across 28 nations of differing economies that gives a country like Germany an advantage. If Germany had the DM and Italy had the Lira, the DM would be much stronger than the Lira, and therefore Italian exports would be cheaper.  By sharing the same currency the Italians don't get that benefit. And Germany, despite having a much stronger economy are competing on the same playing field as Italy. 

I don't expect you to understand this, but it's worth a try. 

By the way there are 28 nations in the EU, and there will be 27 after the UK leaves. So your guess of 26/27 wasn't bad. You clearly know your stuff...

these nations were well aware of what joining meant,and as you well know none will be leaving the EU or the Euro in your lifetime,and if as you keeping predicting the EU/Euro crashes then their exports will be cheaper so whats your reply to that then. no way have you worked in the city for 33 years

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:
14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Come on 49 you mention it more often than John Cleese????

If you want to bash us with fresh meat why haven't you picked up on Homer Simpson (Chris Grayling)'s 'No Ferry' deal going pear shaped?

No, I do not mention the war very often; you obviously have me confused with someone else.

Nontabury, perhaps? After all, I only mentioned the war on this occasion in response to his comment

We cannot stop them crossing the channel. But we did stop a foreign aggressor in 1940.

Even if you missed his original post, I fail to see how you missed the quote right at the top of my post!

Yes, the government has scrapped the deal with Seaborne Freight; but only because their Irish partner, Arklow Shipping, which was going to provide the ferries pulled out without warning.

So that's two balls ups you've made in one post. If you're going to make snide comments, check the facts first.

14 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah and the italian lira would be weak so imports would be more expensive.

But let's leave out the other half of the economics. 

The UK imports more than it exports: https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

Guess what that means...

the idoits on here just dont get it,even supposed city traders cannot grasp the basics,everything is germanys fault .,they are paranoid about them.

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Fair point, and I realise there are many other factors. I just wanted to explain how the Euro benefits a large export economy such as Germany's. 

at last its sinking in ???????????????? mr city trader

1 minute ago, bomber said:

these nations were well aware of what joining meant,and as you well know none will be leaving the EU or the Euro in your lifetime,and if as you keeping predicting the EU/Euro crashes then their exports will be cheaper so whats your reply to that then. no way have you worked in the city for 33 years

So you finally get it! Well done.

Well, you almost got it until this bit: "Euro crashes then their exports will be cheaper".  Guess who else's exports will be cheaper too? 

I'll leave you with this article to ponder on. There are quite a few big words in it though, so let me know if you need further help. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/miltonezrati/2018/01/23/the-german-swindle-built-into-the-euro/#8916cd127da4

18 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No, I do not mention the war very often; you obviously have me confused with someone else.

Nontabury, perhaps? After all, I only mentioned the war on this occasion in response to his comment

Even if you missed his original post, I fail to see how you missed the quote right at the top of my post!

Yes, the government has scrapped the deal with Seaborne Freight; but only because their Irish partner, Arklow Shipping, which was going to provide the ferries pulled out without warning.

So that's two balls ups you've made in one post. If you're going to make snide comments, check the facts first.

Perhaps I should've used a bigger smiley.

image.jpeg.68cdc5b8a0622bfd4927d729fcd94957.jpeg

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I have no idea what so ever if Varadkar is in his right mind or not, I just listened to what he said,

the message was very clear. Prepared to put up a hard border.

This has been all over European msm.

Says the exact opposite here:

CG I think a stand alone lira might be stronger today had Italy never adopted the Euro. Much of their economic problems are as a result of the Euro.

When you own/control your own currency you have the ability to revalue it dependent on circumstances; In the eurozone you cannot revalue in isolation you need consensus. Do you think Germany would agree to revalue the euro, the result of which would make them poorer?

3 minutes ago, aright said:

CG I think a stand alone lira might be stronger today had Italy never adopted the Euro. Much of their economic problems are as a result of the Euro.

When you own/control your own currency you have the ability to revalue it dependent on circumstances; In the eurozone you cannot revalue in isolation you need consensus. Do you think Germany would agree to revalue the euro, the result of which would make them poorer?

Agreed, and no they wouldn't

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ok, if you do understand economics you're really good at hiding it. 

Me - 33 years working in finance in the City. Didn't retire at 45, but picked up a fair bit of knowledge along the way. 

33 years in city finance...should no better than a trader

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

Between NI and Ireland what do you really want to enforce?

Well if I was a Brexiteer I would expect to enforce a border for people and goods same as the border to the East. Unless I was a flannelling Hard Brexiteer who had their head in the sand.

38 minutes ago, aright said:

Might be this, might be that.

19 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ok, if you do understand economics you're really good at hiding it. 

Me - 33 years working in finance in the City. Didn't retire at 45, but picked up a fair bit of knowledge along the way. 

what knowledge ?

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

what knowledge ?

"Knowledge" is when you know something .

Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts, information, descriptions, or skills, which is acquired through experience or education by perceiving, discovering, or learning.

Knowledge can refer to a theoretical or practical understanding of a subject. It can be implicit (as with practical skill or expertise) or explicit (as with the theoretical understanding of a subject); it can be more or less formal or systematic.[1] In philosophy, the study of knowledge is called epistemology; the philosopher Plato famously defined knowledge as "justified true belief", though this definition is now thought by some analytic philosophers[citation needed] to be problematic because of the Gettier problems, while others defend the platonic definition.[2]However, several definitions of knowledge and theories to explain it exist.

Knowledge acquisition involves complex cognitive processes: perception, communication, and reasoning;[3] while knowledge is also said to be related to the capacity of acknowledgement in human beings.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge#Communicating_knowledge

Archived