Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:08
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

3 minutes ago, Chartist said:

The EU's Maastricht criteria have ensured continent wide austerity 

https://www.europeaninstitute.org/index.php/112-european-affairs/special-g-20-issue-on-financial-reform/1180-austerity-measures-in-the-eu

Always cracks me up when someone claims to be anti-austerity but is pro-EU the 2 just don't mix the EU is pro-austerity and has forced austerity measures on Greece, Portugal, Ireland and Italy. The EU is deeply Neo-liberal which essentially is a political and economical ideology advocating a globalised economy under the control of a financial elite, outside the regulative control of any state jurisdiction.

So the EU didn't provide enough housing, doctors, nurses, teachers, care workers etc etc, must have missed that bit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chartist said:

Emerging markets represent 11.60% of the MSCI ACWI Index

I posted the MSCI World. And it amazes me how someone who doesn’t know that the MSCI World isn’t the MSCI ACWI keeps telling others they lack “sound economic knowledge” and “don't understand what they're talking about”. Are you really surprised why Brexiteers are called uneducated or uninformed? You’re the best example. 

(For clarification, I was posting the chart of an iShares ETF tracking the MSCI World.)

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I posted the MSCI World. And it amazes me how someone who doesn’t know that the MSCI World isn’t the MSCI ACWI keeps telling others they lack “sound economic knowledge” and “don't understand what they're talking about”. Are you really surprised why Brexiteers are called uneducated or uninformed? You’re the best example. 

(For clarification, I was posting the chart of an iShares ETF tracking the MSCI World.)

Typical remainer straw man tactics my points were on the trade deficit, inflation and the devaluation of the £ having positive effects on the UK's manufacturing PMI. You're not addressing my points, just focusing on the irrelevant MSCI Index.

52 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Typical remainer straw man tactics my points were on the trade deficit, inflation and the devaluation of the £ having positive effects on the UK's manufacturing PMI. You're not addressing my points, just focusing on the irrelevant MSCI Index.

No, your “points” were calling me “a remainer without sound economic knowledge” while you’re the one who doesn’t know that the MSCI World doesn’t contain China and India and that the MSCI ACWI is a different index. 

If you cannot remember what your “points” were, I am attaching them here again. So next time you’re trying to mock someone make sure you did your homework, so you don’t look like a fool. 

8C0E1413-7765-4BC4-A6B3-22E08014B35F.jpeg

AE63CE3A-0024-4095-9BD5-04F7F8552D5A.jpeg

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:58 AM, rixalex said:

No. This isn't about pettiness. This is about civility and courtesy, and why for some reason you lack it and chose to attack me as being stupid for reading your sentence as being a statement, when there was a question mark at the end. However, as can be clearly seen by the quoted sentence below:

...your sentence is indeed a question, but one that contains within it, a statement about "many Brexiteers".

When i replied to you on that statement, contained within your question, disagreeing with you that many Brexiteers do take that view, it would have been one thing to disagree with me and argue that in your opinion many Brexiteers do hold that view, but you didn't. Instead you accused me of being stupid for not being able to understand question marks.

As i say, i am genuinely baffled as to what this aggressive and confrontational approach is all about.

I, too, am baffled; baffled as to why you cannot simply either accept that you were wrong or, better still, stop going on and on about it!

No one is interested and all you are doing is making yourself look more and more petty.

Last from me on this ridiculous matter.

I, too, am baffled; baffled as to why you cannot simply either accept that you were wrong or, better still, stop going on and on about it!

No one is interested and all you are doing is making yourself look more and more petty.

Last from me on this ridiculous matter.
There's nothing baffling about why I am not accepting I'm wrong. It's because I'm not. The fact that I'm not is a few posts up on this page in black and white there for everybody, including yourself, to see.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

The number of “project fear “ stories run on here are pretty pathetic ! Of course Thaivisa doesnt have to adhere to any balance ! I could list dozens of positive stories regarding No deal Brexit but what’s the point ! Just remember UK people voted to leave EU! There was nothing about any “deal”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So list them, then. There is nothing stopping you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Just remember UK people voted to leave EU! There was nothing about any “deal“

Nothing about any deal? They even touted it the easiest deal in history. 

UK people didn’t vote to leave the EU? They voted for castles in the sky they were promised. 

• Like 1