Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

5 minutes ago, samran said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Well we are constantly told that the Irish border is a hugely important issue for the EU, and that it is imperative there is no border in order to maintain peace. A comprehensive FTA solves that issue. 

Furthermore, the FTA would be of huge benefit to EU countries who export to the UK. 

Last but not least, the FTA would go a long way to prevent a disruption to world trade. 

Or are you suggesting the EU are more interested in vengeance and points scoring? 

Granted, that’s is a consideration which can be solved by the backstop. 

For the UK proper, there is absolutely no incentive to offer you a comprehensive FTA. For the same reasons why other parties to the current EU deals aren’t lining up to grant continuity arrangements: because they’ll get a better deal now you are weaker.

And for the countries that have a huge export market in the UK (e.g. Germany, France, Italy) - you don't think they would want to continue tariff free trading with the UK? 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tebee said:

Again this isn't the full story. Firstly it was based on forecasts by the office of budget responsibility who are invariably wrong as there are too many moving parts at any one time to make a sound estimate. Secondly they themselves said over half of this is due to inflation

" real household disposable income was £1,500 a year lower than the Office for Budget Responsibility’s pre-referendum forecast – with over half of this income hit due to higher than forecast inflation. "

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

And for the countries that have a huge export market in the UK (e.g. Germany, France, Italy) - you don't think they would want to continue tariff free trading with the UK? 

For the products which suit them, of course. But comprehensive? No way. 

And they’ll cut a deal which suits them more than it suits you, cause they can. 

Your trade negotiators are going to quickly learn which British industries and regions they can help, and which they’ll have to throw under the bus in their talks it’s the EU. Lots of trade offs, none of them particularly pleasant. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

So, you don't give a damn?

I'm rather disappointed in you.

Why contribute? I for one will ignore your contributions in future. Bye.

whatever pleases you Grouse, please be my guest

jeezz, TVF ain't no bad tool for making enemies

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

From a Dickens novel perhaps?

most working people will of took 3-6 foreign holidays since brexit,lets say about 5-8 weeks in total,spending at £700 per week means an extra £75-90 per week,then add on inflation that went up due to £ dropping and your well over half way to £1500,less overtime/investment around due to uncertainty and its a fair estimate. Wont affect the benefit scroungers though.

9 minutes ago, samran said:

For the products which suit them, of course. But comprehensive? No way. 

And they’ll cut a deal which suits them more than it suits you, cause they can. 

Your trade negotiators are going to quickly learn which British industries and regions they can help, and which they’ll have to throw under the bus in their talks it’s the EU. Lots of trade offs, none of them particularly pleasant. 

I don't share your pessimism, but let's agree to disagree on this point 

16 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Again this isn't the full story. Firstly it was based on forecasts by the office of budget responsibility who are invariably wrong as there are too many moving parts at any one time to make a sound estimate. Secondly they themselves said over half of this is due to inflation

" real household disposable income was £1,500 a year lower than the Office for Budget Responsibility’s pre-referendum forecast – with over half of this income hit due to higher than forecast inflation. "

UK economic growth slowest since 2012 - BBC News.html

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

You frequently make your point - which boils down to leavers being stupid, uneducated etc.....

Sorry, I screwed up the order of posts, my post is directed at grouse.

Fire away - I don't mind a bit of collateral - I am invincible! 

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

most working people will of took 3-6 foreign holidays since brexit,lets say about 5-8 weeks in total,spending at £700 per week means an extra £75-90 per week,then add on inflation that went up due to £ dropping and your well over half way to £1500,less overtime/investment around due to uncertainty and its a fair estimate. Wont affect the benefit scroungers though.

Maybe it was A Christmas Carol?

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

whatever pleases you Grouse, please be my guest

jeezz, TVF ain't no bad tool for making enemies

You're no enemy!

I had previously thought that you had a genuine interest that's all. ????

50 minutes ago, bomber said:

Really?

You genuinely believe "most working people will of took 3-6 foreign holidays since brexit"?

IMO most working people take one, or at best, two foreign holidays a year - unless they're relatively wealthy - and have the luxury of enjoying school holidays.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:09 PM, CG1 Blue said:

The Euro kicks the (*) out of the pound, and that's why the Euro is great? Ok, if that's what you think let's leave it there. 

Actually, the pound is doing ok as was over valued before Brexit cote,hurting exports.

German ecconomy most likely to be in recession last quarter, but not released official figures yet. Eurozone slowing fast and UK growth good. Likely UK growth will stay positive and EU will go negative.

Italy trying to do a Brexit deal currently as if we leave and buy our produce from non EU countries their ecconomy will be in further trouble.

news-latest-no-deal-brexit-italy-trade-deal

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Really?

You genuinely believe "most working people will of took 3-6 foreign holidays since brexit"?

IMO most working people take one, or at best, two foreign holidays a year - unless they're relatively wealthy - and have the luxury of enjoying school holidays.

read again,i stated 3-6 since holidays since brexit,brexit was over 2.5 years ago,so thats 1-2 per year. duh

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Thank you nontabury.

I couldn't be bothered to reply to either of the above posts, as they are both completely ridiculous.

Of course they are but they are from Remainers so expect nothing better.

"Grouse" isn't so bad, but bomber is a rabid Remainer and both have been on my ignore list for a while. I just cannot be bothered with either of them.

15 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Actually, the pound is doing ok as was over valued before Brexit cote,hurting exports.

German ecconomy most likely to be in recession last quarter, but not released official figures yet. Eurozone slowing fast and UK growth good. Likely UK growth will stay positive and EU will go negative.

Italy trying to do a Brexit deal currently as if we leave and buy our produce from non EU countries their ecconomy will be in further trouble.

news-latest-no-deal-brexit-italy-trade-deal

the pound was not over valued at all before brexit and it was not hurting exports,the economy was going just fine and rates were due to rise to stop the economy over heating,brexit stopped that happening.a deal will be done,corbyn wont want to take over a country on its knee's and in recession,he wants that honour

1 hour ago, bomber said:

So the UK is still seeing growth, while the Eurozone is heading into recession and there's a severe slow down in China / global growth. And this is all while there is uncertainty over Brexit.

This shows just how resilient the UK economy is. Thanks for posting. 

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Grouse was just pissed (or very ill) at the time of his post.

There's no way he will miss your mostly remain posts.

right DD, thanks, so I come across as mostly a remainer?

hmmm  intriguing

I'll sleep on that one - maybe I have smth sensible to say tomorrow,

don't hold your breath

fan dii

30 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So the UK is still seeing growth, while the Eurozone is heading into recession and there's a severe slow down in China / global growth. And this is all while there is uncertainty over Brexit.

This shows just how resilient the UK economy is. Thanks for posting. 

Growth in £  terms wich is now worth 15% less than it was 3 years ago ...

Archived