Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 July 2019 17:38
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You say I kept going on about trade deals we will sign.  I didn't, but I'll answer your question anyway.

We can't sign FTAs until we have left the EU. We are making some progress with pre-trade agreement discussions, but it will take time to get FTAs in place after we leave. 

There are 168 countries outside the EU, and I believe they account for something like 85% of global trade. So there is a lot up for grabs. 

 

Now, how about you stop avoiding answering my questions? Don't just say Brexit is the major factor when that is simply what you want to believe, with no evidence to back it up. 

 

i said honda would leave,they are leaving,1 down 3 to go,the evidence is in my stating it dozens of times on here,you called it project fear but i was right,END OF STORY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bomber said:

i have no time for lazy failure's in life who blame govts because they have failed,perhaps you have time for them,that is your choice,i dont 😃 people are usually poor for a reason,i was brought up to work hard and be wise with money,maybe you had were not,good luck if you managed to do well without hard work.

My biggest problems in life have arisen on the grounds that I've been too trusting, too generous, too expectant. Much of the time people have a hidden agenda; and the politicians, along with bankers and big business, are right up there. Corbyn is a breath of fresh air, along with Farage, Moggie and Galloway. I don't particularly care what side of the political fence they are. I simply want the politicians to be honest.

 

I read you with the 'lazy' stakes Bomber. If anyone called me lazy they would be off my Xmas card list in an instant. Only one thing worse than being pronounced lazy IMO; and that's being pronounced 'dead'.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You say I kept going on about trade deals we will sign.  I didn't, but I'll answer your question anyway.

We can't sign FTAs until we have left the EU. We are making some progress with pre-trade agreement discussions, but it will take time to get FTAs in place after we leave. 

There are 168 countries outside the EU, and I believe they account for something like 85% of global trade. So there is a lot up for grabs. 

 

Now, how about you stop avoiding answering my questions? Don't just say Brexit is the major factor when that is simply what you want to believe, with no evidence to back it up. 

 

Yes, a lot up for grabs as always, but trade talks are like playing water polo in molasses. But that is what you voted for I guess.

 

I had a chat with a senior trade negotiator they other day about another trade deal in the Pacific. Going nowhere cause the Indians aren’t in a rush. 

 

What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10.

 

But yeah, blue passports...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aright said:

So what elements do they use to determine total wealth?

One observation, my wealth was predicated on the government not the Prime Minister and labour was in power from 1997 to 2010

For UK wealth statistics and other data, an excellent reference point is the ONS (Office of National Statistics: https://www.ons.gov.uk/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, samran said:

But yeah, blue passports...

A pro-Brexit friend got all flustered at the reference to the blue passports. It has to be seen to be believed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

All those who have something to lose (money, taxes, loss of revenue, cost increases) have their thoughts.

When it comes to money, the solidarity with the own postulated Brexit ideology apparently ceases.

For many are then the own pants closer than the shirt.

That Brexit without a plan, does not fill the stomach alone, and that Brexit is not a currency, with which you can pay off your loans for the house; many slow thinkers will notice it later.

 

Some of the Hard Core Brexiteers have already become active.

-Brexiter: Jim Ratcliffe, UK’s richest man, plans move to Monaco

-Brexiter: James Dyson moves Company to Singapore

-Brexiter: John Redwood advises investors to put money abroad

-Brexiter: Jacob Rees-Mogg firm opens funds in Dublin

-Brexiter: Nigel Lawson seeks French residency

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they DID vote LEAVE didn't they? I don't think most Brexiteers realized that's what they meant, though.

Edited by wilcopops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

All those who have something to lose (money, taxes, loss of revenue, cost increases) have their thoughts.

When it comes to money, the solidarity with the own postulated Brexit ideology apparently ceases.

For many are then the own pants closer than the shirt.

That Brexit without a plan, does not fill the stomach alone, and that Brexit is not a currency, with which you can pay off your loans for the house; many slow thinkers will notice it later.

 

Some of the Hard Core Brexiteers have already become active.

-Brexiter: Jim Ratcliffe, UK’s richest man, plans move to Monaco

-Brexiter: James Dyson moves Company to Singapore

-Brexiter: John Redwood advises investors to put money abroad

-Brexiter: Jacob Rees-Mogg firm opens funds in Dublin

-Brexiter: Nigel Lawson seeks French residency

a case of Ratcliffes leaving a sinking ship?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

A pro-Brexit friend got all flustered at the reference to the blue passports. It has to be seen to be believed.

Especially as it's going to be produced in France as I understand it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

A pro-Brexit friend got all flustered at the reference to the blue passports. It has to be seen to be believed.

Probably nearly as "flustered" as you and another poster, who seem to think brexiteers care about having a blue passport 😀!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...