BANGKOK 24 March 2019 18:21
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

18 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Chile has got absolutely excellent wine and excellent fish.

I don't know about the fish but their wine is excellent, far better than that French p1ss, and you can even buy it in Villa and I think I saw some in BigC.

Australian, S African, NZ, Chilean and Portuguese wines are much nicer than Euro plonk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I don't know about the fish but their wine is excellent, far better than that French p1ss, and you can even buy it in Villa and I think I saw some in BigC.

Australian, S African, NZ, Chilean and Portuguese wines are much nicer than Euro plonk.

Portugal is in europe,at least it was last week when i was there,maybe its gone under like so many of you lot have been predicting.😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Not really, try the Wall Street Window.com.

The Decline and Fall of the European Union – Charles Hugh Smith (2019)

I read it

Not quite my cup of tea

But thanks for the post

Never heard of him before, seems his roots are firmly American anti-colonialist.

https://www.oftwominds.com/bio4-14.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samran said:

Yes, a lot up for grabs as always, but trade talks are like playing water polo in molasses. But that is what you voted for I guess.

I had a chat with a senior trade negotiator they other day about another trade deal in the Pacific. Going nowhere cause the Indians aren’t in a rush. 

What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10.

But yeah, blue passports...

Quote "What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10."

Can you remind us all how long the EU/Canada deal took?

Surely it wasn't completed in a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Economic_and_Trade_Agreement

CETA is Canada's biggest bilateral initiative since NAFTA. It was started as a result of a joint study "Assessing the Costs and Benefits of a Closer EU-Canada Economic Partnership",[21] which was released in October 2008. Officials announced the launch of negotiations on 6 May 2009 at the Canada-EU Summit in Prague.[4][22] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Do you mean the reality that in 1973 when the UK joined the EEC the resulting 9 member states accounted for 26% of the world economy. Now with 28 member states it accounts for 20% and forecasts say by 2050 it will be less than 10% (smaller than India).

Do you mean the reality of the EU loosing 5% of its market each year, youth unemployment, 1 trillion euro target2 debts owed to Germany which will never be paid.

Do you mean the reality of loosing the UK contribution, fishing rights, far right political parties and populism.

Do you mean the reality that the EU's market growth has been 2% for the last 10 years, the USA by 76%, China by 132% and Greece by minus 50% and there has been no growth in Italy since they joined the euro.

Do you mean the reality of a high-currency financial strait jacket and...…….sorry, I'm tired of typing.  

You need to provide some links

The figures I have are EU - 15% of world trade

EU, USA and China - 45% of world trade.

In the meantime, look at this (including the trade deals pending and those being negotiated now)

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/negotiations-and-agreements/#_being-negotiated

I think it is obvious that we get better deals by being in a huge market already!

Edited by Grouse

We’ll just trade on WTO terms

All either tautologous or literally not true. But people <deleted> love the sound of ‘em, eh?

Repeat often enough and someone is gullible enough to believe it

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I guess taste depends, to an extent, on the depth of ones pockets!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bomber said:

Portugal is in europe,at least it was last week when i was there,maybe its gone under like so many of you lot have been predicting.😁

OOh! Mateus Rose! Great with prawn cocktail, a rump steak and Black Forest Gateau!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Sense of humour break down? Even American late night talk show hosts think Brexit is bloody stupid. If they get it,Brexit really IS stupid.

But that's the thing - they don't get it because they're American and not British. I'm pretty sure the Americans wouldn't take kindly to being dictated to by a bunch of bureaucrats in Canada, and having FOM for all North and South Americans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The urge to Gloat at the thought of you having to have one next time around hasn't gone amiss 😊

Still got my old original blue cardboard passport. Its a bit buckled since I fell into a lake with it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

That you have a friend. No I don’t beleive.

Two including you.