BANGKOK 21 March 2019 08:12
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Looking at Honda sales figures is illuminating. Honda sales in America are 10x that in Europe. Same for Asia.

I guess the combination of the Japan trade deal from 2025 and tariffs on car exports from U.K. AND low volumes are the reason why there will be no new model for Swindon 

I guess taste comes into this. Europeans have rather more sophisticated tastes than either Americans or Asians. Japanese cars have no brio, no panache, no style. 

One point though ought is that I would have thought the Japanese would want to keep a stake in the U.K. To benefit from the latest material science, batteries and control systems. They obviously don't expect the U.K. To invest as promised in these technologies.

Overall, small cars in Europe will be by Merc, VW, Peugeot/Citroen and Fiat. Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota and Honda will be out.

BTW, Honda don't really do diesels in Europe. That's a red herring in this case.

They do well in the US because American cars are crap and the Germans got caught cheating there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t have time to research now but my hypothesis is: The EU’s share of the world economy is falling not because the EU’s economy is shrinking but because developing markets are growing faster than developed markets. 

Much faster. 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I don't know about the fish but their wine is excellent, far better than that French p1ss, and you can even buy it in Villa and I think I saw some in BigC.

Australian, S African, NZ, Chilean and Portuguese wines are much nicer than Euro plonk.

A  sommelier and geographer speaks!?!?!

Edited by wilcopops
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But that's the thing - they don't get it because they're American and not British. I'm pretty sure the Americans wouldn't take kindly to being dictated to by a bunch of bureaucrats in Canada, and having FOM for all North and South Americans. 

A ridiculous comparison............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aright said:

mag seven.PNG

More like the Seven Dwarves.

11 minutes ago, damascase said:

Why?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, damascase said:

Try Ukraine and Moscow then...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t have time to research now but my hypothesis is: The EU’s share of the world economy is falling not because the EU’s economy is shrinking but because developing markets are growing faster than developed markets. 

It's true the EU economy has grown in size but unfortunately not in proportion to the market size. Put bluntly they have lost market share. The world economy did not get significantly larger In 24 hours, there were long term signs,  and in business terms no CEO would excuse a Sales Director who lost 5% of market share in a growing market.

6 minutes ago, aright said:

It's true the EU economy has grown in size but unfortunately not in proportion to the market size. Put bluntly they have lost market share. The world economy did not get significantly larger In 24 hours, there were long term signs,  and in business terms no CEO would excuse a Sales Director who lost 5% of market share in a growing market.

china will continue to eat into all nations slice of the cake,they dont need any one nation in particular trade with and certainly wont be desperate for deals with the UK,what could we sell them? 

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

It is the USA

They have state laws and federal law and a common currency. Seems to work?

But also the USA is a country. If you ask an American which country they come from they will not say the name of their state. 

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

I don't. Youtube suggested, sir! Who am I to argue?

As for the BBC, they still have pockets of greatness but too few. They need to stop dumbing down everything and stop pandering to yoof. Yoof are a lost cause to television broadcasting anyway.  

And I wish they would stop including womens football on the same page as mens football...who gives a s@@t....

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

If there was as much focus on the Remain campaign they'd find just as many wrongdoings on that side. 

I wasn't aware that the remain campaign had been referred to the NCA, source please.

I fully appreciate your point of view, after all human nature being what it is people would be reluctant to consider that they may have been "swayed".

The crisis emerged after the Brexit referendum, leading to the finding against Vote Leave which has been referred to the police for busting spending limits

Crucially, the cash was used to pay data firm Aggregate IQ and – a whistleblower and an Oxford professor argue – potentially enabled it to precisely target enough voters on social media to have swayed the Brexit result.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-investigate-law-breaking-influence-manipulation-theresa-may-facebook-a8783746.html