BANGKOK 20 April 2019 17:13
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

21 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Due to the nature of my business I do a lot of import/exporting on a small scale, often not more than a couple of packing cases at a time.  To make things easier I belong to a group of other small scale import/exporters operating in the same areas. By being a group we get preferential rates and some influence when getting onboard faster routes.  We also get discounts from shipping agents.  Personally I find most of the members of the group obnoxious jerks and they probably feel the same way about me.  But as a unit we are strong and get deals that none of us could get individually.

In other words it benefits us all to be part of that group and just makes sound business sense.  My point?  Pretty obvious I would have thought. 

I’m pretty sure there will be a member or three who reads what you wrote and will not put 2 and 2 together. 

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The U.K has the Worlds 5 th largest economy .

The U.K cannot sign any trade deals until it has left the E.U.

Are you aware of any discussion between the UK and other Countries about future trade deals or are you just assuming that theres no deals in the pipeline ?

Hmmm, let’s see.

Given you haven’t had any trade negotiators for a generation, and the fact that you are ‘borrowing’ some from NZ and Australia, on top of the fact that you can’t even negotiate a brexit framework (which is really a deal to talk about future deals), the my ‘guess’ is you have sweet FA in terms of solid talks in the pipeline. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/25/commonwealth-trade-negotiators-seconded-britain-help-train-civil/

Sure, you’ve had some pleasant diplomatic chit chats saying all the right things, but that means very little. 

Any poltential trade deal will require scoping studies, feedback from the public, industry and other interest groups, so if you haven’t had that then, you are no where near advanced. 

Plus, given the clown show going on, if you did have anything serious you’d sure as hell be trumpeting that well above your ‘deal’ with the Faroe Islands.

You may not believe me, but I seriously hope I’m wrong. I do believe you’ll get some fairly quick wins with some of the old commonwealth countries. But the rest gets harder. 

Edited by samran

1 hour ago, samran said:

Go read the ‘leave’ manifesto. There was an assumption that world would rush to make trade deals with the UK. They won’t. You aren’t a super power any more. 

In terms of my quote. That lack of urgency from your trading ‘partners’ is what I was referring to. Your new trade reality. 

6 deals done so far including one with the HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE global market that is Japan  Palastine

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The U.K has the Worlds 5 th largest economy .

The U.K cannot sign any trade deals until it has left the E.U.

Are you aware of any discussion between the UK and other Countries about future trade deals or are you just assuming that theres no deals in the pipeline ?

6 deals done,  all about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,the big boys dont want to know us,much easier dealing with the Daddy that is the EU

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html

30 minutes ago, aright said:

I don’t recall saying we were a super power and certainly your claim doesn’t match the feelings of the people in my pub, my business and my friends. What part of the UK do you live in that is so different from mine in E Yorks?  Why are you reluctant to back your claim with evidence that plenty of people think Empire starts at the end of March.

There was no ‘leave’ manifesto. A manifesto is a declaration of policy normally by a political party. There was however lots of conjecture and misinformation on both sides.

As I recall your side said after the referendum there would be an immediate and profound economic shock which would drive the UK into recession. Can you remind us who has gone into recession and who is a rizla paper away from going in? It was also said that house prices would fall by 10-18%. In my area they haven’t changed perhaps in your area it’s different. 500000 people would be unemployed. The unemployment rate is 4% its lowest level since the 1970’s. Brexit was going to harm national security and reduce foreign investment. Show me the evidence.

In the absence of a well done I have assumed you weren't happy with the latest public finance declaration.

BREXIT HASNT STARTED YET BUT MAYBE IT HAS IN THE COUNTRY OF YORKSHIRE.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

6 deals done,  all about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,the big boys dont want to know us,much easier dealing with the Daddy that is the EU

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html 217.64 kB · 1 download

The UK can still trade with Countries under the WTO rules , just that the rules will be different .

Trade deals just make it easier to trade with each other , with less bureaucracy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The UK can still trade with Countries under the WTO rules , just that the rules will be different .

Trade deals just make it easier to trade with each other , with less bureaucracy 

WTO rues means tariffs where there aren't any now.  Hardly a positive

53 minutes ago, aright said:

There was no ‘leave’ manifesto. A manifesto is a declaration of policy normally by a political party. 

After we Vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies (the US, China and Japan, as well as Canada, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, and so on), which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.”

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/a_framework_for_taking_back_control_and_establishing_a_new_uk_eu_deal_after_23_june.html

So...remind me. All going to plan is it? ??

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

WTO rues means tariffs where there aren't any now.  Hardly a positive

Not a positive , just a mere hindrance .

And it will likely get sorted out once the dust of Brexit has settled 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, samran said:

After we Vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies (the US, China and Japan, as well as Canada, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, and so on), which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.”

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/a_framework_for_taking_back_control_and_establishing_a_new_uk_eu_deal_after_23_june.html

So...remind me. All going to plan is it? ??

That was on the understanding that we would leave immediately after the vote , so , what the meant was "When we leave" , because leaving was expected to happen immediately after  the vote

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was on the understanding that we would leave immediately after the vote , so , what the meant was "When we leave" , because leaving was expected to happen immediately after  the vote

That was what was being said by the Brexit campaigners yes.  Just another of the lies that people bought into.  It was never going to happen like that and they knew that all to well.  Just like "This will be the easiest deal ever" from Liam Fox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That was what was being said by the Brexit campaigners yes.  Just another of the lies that people bought into.  It was never going to happen like that and they knew that all to well.  Just like "This will be the easiest deal ever" from Liam Fox.

As we were heading into untrodden territory , no one really knew what to expect .

No one really seemed to know what do the day after the vote .

• Like 1