BANGKOK 21 March 2019 11:12
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

20 minutes ago, bomber said:

WTO is regarded by the majority of experts as last chance saloon 

Aye, but when you are dying of thirst in the desert, I’m sure camel pee seems mighty attractive. 

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not a positive , just a mere hindrance .

And it will likely get sorted out once the dust of Brexit has settled 

Ah, the good old British bulldog fighting spirit that got Jerry last time and will get him again...

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was on the understanding that we would leave immediately after the vote , so , what the meant was "When we leave" , because leaving was expected to happen immediately after  the vote

And the TV ‘Dog ate my homework’ award goes to....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As we were heading into untrodden territory , no one really knew what to expect .

No one really seemed to know what do the day after the vote .

This isn’t untrodden territory. The whole world were looking on asking ‘W.T.F’????

Edited by samran

Just now, samran said:

Ah, the good old British bulldog fighting spirit that got Jerry last time and will get him again...

Now stop exaggerating , I never compared it to World war 2 !!!!!!! 

I merely stated that not having a trade deal will just be a hindrance to trading , rather than causing the cessation of trade completely .........and you made a WW2 reference !!!!!!!!

Comparing my post to WW2 is plainly  ridiculous 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As we were heading into untrodden territory , no one really knew what to expect .

No one really seemed to know what do the day after the vote .

Yes that is true which makes all those promises made by Johnson, Fox, Gove, Farage etc. all the more contemptable.  Nobody knew what was going to be achievable  but their wish list was presented as facts.  Well we know the facts now!

1 hour ago, bomber said:

6 deals done so far including one with the HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE global market that is Japan  Palastine

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html 217.64 kB · 1 download

.........and as I’ve stated here many times: these are not real Free Trade deals, but merely agreements to continue the application of the relevant EU agreement, with the same rules, same tariffs, etc. So much for ‘taking back control’............😳😁

Edited by damascase
Typo

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As this is the first time that a Country has left the E.U. , it is indeed untrodden territory and no one seemed to know how to proceed 

second time

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Treasury has recorded the biggest January surplus since records began, raking in £14.9billion more than Government spent.

Borrowing has fallen to the lowest level in 11 years as the deficit continues to fall despite contingency measures taken for Brexit.

10091470-0-image-a-14_1550746070932.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Now stop exaggerating , I never compared it to World war 2 !!!!!!! 

I merely stated that not having a trade deal will just be a hindrance to trading , rather than causing the cessation of trade completely .........and you made a WW2 reference !!!!!!!!

Comparing my post to WW2 is plainly  ridiculous 

Fair play. I withdraw. 

56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As this is the first time that a Country has left the E.U. , it is indeed untrodden territory and no one seemed to know how to proceed 

Leaving the EU, yes. 

Knowing what is out there and the experience of the other 160 odd non-EU members, isn’t.

24 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

second time

There have only been three other instances where a country or territory dropped out of the EU - and none of them were full-fledged member states like Britain. In other words, we really are in uncharted waters.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/168909-has-any-country-left-the-eu-before-brexit-has-shaken-the-continent

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aright said:

The Treasury has recorded the biggest January surplus since records began, raking in £14.9billion more than Government spent.

Borrowing has fallen to the lowest level in 11 years as the deficit continues to fall despite contingency measures taken for Brexit.

10091470-0-image-a-14_1550746070932.jpg

More reason not to throw it all away with brexit

• Haha 1