BANGKOK 25 April 2019 05:25
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

34 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

There have only been three other instances where a country or territory dropped out of the EU - and none of them were full-fledged member states like Britain. In other words, we really are in uncharted waters.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/168909-has-any-country-left-the-eu-before-brexit-has-shaken-the-continent

thanks, good link, I had forgotten about Algeria, and opted to neglect Barts

here is an interesting piece on Greenland, note in particular what is said about Germany

https://www.politico.eu/article/greenland-exit-warning-to-britain-brexit-eu-referendum-europe-vote-news-denmark/

Edited by melvinmelvin
add text/link

1 hour ago, aright said:

Good we have left the Empire bit presumably because you couldn't support your claim but a new problem has arisen Bomber thinks Yorkshire is a country. He seems to be as well informed as you. You have a great deal to say but have shown a great deal of reluctance to answer questions like what part of the UK are you from etc?

which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.

Frameworks aren't manifestos .Manifestos have a moral binding, frameworks don't.

The operative word is "could" (an expression of possibility) and the answer to your question is have we left the EU yet?

I have no idea at what stage we are at with negotiating trade deals you seem to have advance information or is it more of your conjecture? 

Sorry, your screen dump of pedantic text masquerading as posts make my eyes glaze over. 

So are you one of these people who think that people don’t have a right to comment unless they are from somewhere. 

Rather arrogant on your behalf that you think I need to justify my existence to people like yourselves. 

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

thanks, good link, I had forgotten about Algeria, and opted to neglect Barts

here is an interesting piece on Greenland, note in particular what is said about Germany

https://www.politico.eu/article/greenland-exit-warning-to-britain-brexit-eu-referendum-europe-vote-news-denmark/

Thanks for that interesting sidelight, a timely indication that Brexit (assuming it happens, which is by no means certain) will be a long haul, with the hoped-for economic gains coming in the medium to long term.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Thanks for that interesting sidelight, a timely indication that Brexit (assuming it happens, which is by no means certain) will be a long haul, with the hoped-for economic gains coming in the medium to long term.

how long is long?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

culdna agree more

if Brexit happens Easter time,

its gonna take years to disentangle UK from EU,

regardless of the Brexit being no deal or deal

get that PM TM out of the way, the sooner the better

make space for serious work by someone who has a grip on multilateral talks

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

culdna agree more

if Brexit happens Easter time,

its gonna take years to disentangle UK from EU,

regardless of the Brexit being no deal or deal

get that PM TM out of the way, the sooner the better

make space for serious work by someone who has a grip on multilateral talks

nobody wanted to replace her,not even boris who didnt have the balls when his chance came,

Just now, Krataiboy said:

Depends whose holding the string.

And how long he holds it for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

nobody wanted to replace her,not even boris who didnt have the balls when his chance came,

not promising for the future of the foggy islands

40 minutes ago, bomber said:

how long is long?

roughly a fathom

or cable/100 if I remember correctly

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bomber said:

right

seems the UK has serious leadership problems

maybe it would be an advantage to Westminster if NI joined ROI and Scotland left

would be less to handle, maybe more takers for the tiller

dunno - what a mess

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

Scroll back, we were speaking about that earlier and why its not too important , trade between UK and other Countries can still continue without individual agreements , just under WTO rules , which is just a bit more paperwork to fill out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Scroll back, we were speaking about that earlier and why its not too important , trade between UK and other Countries can still continue without individual agreements , just under WTO rules , which is just a bit more paperwork to fill out

so the great trade deals that you said would replace the lost EU trade are not going to happen? i get it now,it was another project dream