Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

15 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Re-joining the EU in a few years, very funny mate.

Can you not see whats happening in Europe?

Its a result of the classical economic model which

is not working, and they haven't clue what to do.

tebee, there'll be no EU to join.

Always interesting to hear what people dream about. Meanwhile, just after signing the biggest free trade agreement ever with Japan, the EU announced it’s close to signing another big free trade agreement with the Mercosur countries in 2019. That’s 250 million people and 2.5 trillion EUR GDP. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, baboon said:

No I did not. I am asserting that from a Brext point of view, Gatwick, rail, water, electricity or whatever else should be in British hands. That is, if we truly value our sovereignty. Or why else leave the EU on the basis of this 'Getting our country back' argument?

Absolutely nothing to do with sovereignty.

It is about capitalism, globalism, privatisation  and anything else that permits/encourages foreign investment. In a free economy that is essential.

We got away from nationalization decades ago and such issues were never back of Brexit.

”Taking back control” of our country does not mean, and never meant, re-nationalizing anything.

No I did not. I am asserting that from a Brext point of view, Gatwick, rail, water, electricity or whatever else should be in British hands. That is, if we truly value our sovereignty. Or why else leave the EU on the basis of this 'Getting our country back' argument?

When I said stop speaking on behalf of other people - leavers - you said you WERE speaking on behalf of yourself... but then in the above, you admit you are speaking from "a Brexit point of view".

You asserted, speaking on behalf of leavers, that Gatwick was a publicly-owned state institution that if sold to a French company would damage British sovereignty.

I believe YOUR assertion is nonsense from start to finish. Either own the nonsense yourself and defend/explain it, or don't assert it in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Always interesting to hear what people dream about. Meanwhile, just after signing the biggest free trade agreement ever with Japan, the EU announced it’s close to signing another big free trade agreement with the Mercosur countries in 2019. That’s 250 million people and 2.5 trillion EUR GDP. 

Yeah Japan and EU both sinking in an oceans of debt,

Mercosur deal taken 10 years so far, still arguing tariffs.

More of a nightmare I would say.

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

When I said stop speaking on behalf of other people - leavers - you said you WERE speaking on behalf of yourself... but then in the above, you admit you are speaking from "a Brexit point of view".

You asserted, speaking on behalf of leavers, that Gatwick was a publicly-owned state institution that if sold to a French company would damage British sovereignty.

I believe YOUR assertion is nonsense from start to finish. Either own the nonsense yourself and defend/explain it, or don't assert it in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I did nothing of the kind. And you are honing in on one thing to prove your point of view is correct, the wider concept and nuances of the issues involved be damned.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

It is about capitalism, globalism, privatisation  and anything else that permits/encourages foreign investment. In a free economy that is essential.

We got away from nationalization decades ago and such issues were never back of Brexit.

”Taking back control” of our country does not mean, and never meant, re-nationalizing anything.

Well what does it mean?

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The people have voted. The old establishment is lost. All over Europe there is the same story. 

There is nothing wrong with a Europe Union! But the present model is rotten to the core and is doomed to failure.

GREAT Britain has got out just in time IMO.

I know the remoaners have to suck it up; that's what you get when you back the losing horse. but. I for one, can forgive them for their naivety and insularity.

Let's all pull together and make GB GREAT once more.

Such a typical Brexshitters response. Just put the great in Great Britain in capital letters and they think everything will be ok. 

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Well what does it mean? 

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Well what does it mean?

never back of Brexit? large scale nationalization does not go very well with EU membership

and that is on Labour's to-do-list, nationalization I mean

control?

UK courts - no ECJ

border control

immigration control

UK legislation - done and promulgated in UK

Before Brexit vote:

- I don't bother to vote as Brexit is never going to happen.

After Brexit vote

- Oh, shrimp! What did just happened? This can't be true! We are not so stupid people to exit EU.

Before March 29:

- Don't worry, our parliament will never allow no-deal hard brexit to happen!

After March 29:

- Oh crab! What did just happened? This can't be true! We are not so stupid people to do a hard brexit.

What will happen next?

9 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Japan negotiated that on what appear to be reasonable terms, suggesting heels are being dragged deliberately in dealings with us. The current govt has been very busy making deals with the RotW and you need not forget the size of the Commonwealth.

13 hours ago, Jip99 said:

It does to Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party. It was in their last manifesto.

Let's go back to the OP. I must take issue with Carney and the Bank of England.

Carney's real puppet-masters are the shareholders of the BiS (Bank of International Settlements). The BoE (Bank of England) is a significant stake-holder of this bank which runs out of Basel in Switzerland. It is these bankers, that control Europe, and are the driving force of the EU 'model' as it is. The BiS, the IMF, and the other central, private banks, including the BoE, are responsible for the state of Europe. 

Help for the end of the EU is at hand however, and this help is in the form of people. Brexit has happened (nearly). And IMO, if we had left before Ireland and Denmark, had been asked to vote, they would have left as well. The left and the right are gathering and protesting all over Europe. 

Germany will be the next country to jump ship IMO, and they will create a new currency. They will take France and Holland with them; perhaps others.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Let's go back to the OP. I must take issue with Carney and the Bank of England.

Carney's real puppet-masters are the shareholders of the BiS (Bank of International Settlements). The BoE (Bank of England) is a significant stake-holder of this bank which runs out of Basel in Switzerland. It is these bankers, that control Europe, and are the driving force of the EU 'model' as it is. The BiS, the IMF, and the other central, private banks, including the BoE, are responsible for the state of Europe. 

Help for the end of the EU is at hand however, and this help is in the form of people. Brexit has happened (nearly). And IMO, if we had left before Ireland and Denmark, had been asked to vote, they would have left as well. The left and the right are gathering and protesting all over Europe. 

Germany will be the next country to jump ship IMO, and they will create a new currency. They will take France and Holland with them; perhaps others.

Funny that Brexiteers often claim that only Germany profits from the EU. If so, why would Germany want to leave?????

24 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Funny that Brexiteers often claim that only Germany profits from the EU. If so, why would Germany want to leave?????

A bit obvious really, they are not happy with the EU

freedom of movement policy. Take a look at Hungary,

Orban did as his electorate wished, only to be punished

by the EU parliament.  I spoke to a Swede from Malmo

last night, you might guess his opinion of the EU?

5 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Everybody in the EU parliament and council knows that mistakes were made during the refugee influx few years ago. Since then things has gotten a lot better. EU is also improving the situation, even if Brexit hassle takes some efforts away from concentrating real issues. 

No other member than UK is leaving EU. It's better to follow something else than UK's low quality and super aggressive medias. That way you would also know better.

13 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Everybody in the EU parliament and council knows that mistakes were made during the refugee influx few years ago. Since then things has gotten a lot better. EU is also improving the situation, even if Brexit hassle takes some efforts away from concentrating real issues. 

No other member than UK is leaving EU. It's better to follow something else than UK's low quality and super aggressive medias. That way you would also know better.

Your advice is taken kindly, but I can tell you that I abhor

the UK news media with a vengeance. If I did believe that

crap, I would be a remainer.

In Pattaya its so easy to talk to many nationalities, and

pick their brains on a variety of relevant issues. Great fun.

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Not really obvious at all.

The support for the EU has actually increased in continental Europe since the Brexit vote.

So my guess would be that statistically it is likely that the Swede from Malmo supports the EU, like the majority in Northern European countries as his.

If Britain and Europe were a rom-com movie couple, Europe would be Harry and Britain would be Sally.

They squabble and they fight and they make up and they make out. They need each other, but they can't stand each other. Harry wants to settle down, but Sally wants to play the field. In the end, Sally will become old and decrepit, ridden with STD's, knock on Harry's door and beg to be taken back. Harry will look her up and down, disgusted by what he sees, shut the door and live happily ever after.

Please buy my book: A Hollywood Reporter's Guide to Understanding World Events

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Funny you mentioned Hungary. This happened just few days ago.

Orbán Removes 1956 Memorial to Signify Return to Russian Sphere of Influence

Last night, the memorial of the 1956 revolution against Russian occupation has been removed from outside of Parliament. In the darkness, without announcement.

If Putin wanted to rub Orbán’s nose into his youthful rebellion against Russia and signify the end of Hungary’s independence, this would be the way to do it.

850001382_Nagy-Imre-szobra-Vertanuk-tere-Korosi-Tamas_8818.jpg.76bcdd0dc627d7456d713f6f838b7d3a.jpg

Source: https://meanwhileinbudapest.com/2018/12/28/orban-removes-1956-memorial-to-signify-return-to-russian-sphere-of-influence/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

4 minutes ago, Chartist said:

I think there should be another referendum where the English get to vote for independence, I was severely disappointed in the results of the last inderef was kind of hoping they'd have left and took that foul hag Nicola Sturgen with them.

English own independence referendum would be the prefered solution to all of this. As England would resign from the UK membership, the UK, which could possibly include London, would revoke the Article 50 and stay with the EU. 

England could do as it wishes and become a highly nationalistic country with intact memories of the mighty imperium it still is. Perfect solution. Highly supported by most. 

38 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Not really obvious at all.

The support for the EU has actually increased in continental Europe since the Brexit vote.

So my guess would be that statistically it is likely that the Swede from Malmo supports the EU, like the majority in Northern European countries as his.

According to the Swede, he doesn't want to go back

because he says its too dangerous.

Archived