Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You may be right.  Our MPs have made it clear that they have no intention of a genuine brexit, but also realise that accepting May's 'deal' could result in them losing their seats as the populace know that this is a very bad deal indeed....

Continued uncertainty results in continued low exchange rates.

Crap, the exchange rate's been low well before Brexit was even mentioned......

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, evadgib said:

After the initial wobble I can see the pound rising again. I'd be happy with 50 or 55 although like anyone would prefer more. Imagine how much harder Brexit would be if we had their mickey mouse currency too!

Further to my earlier reply..

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Here are some examples of loon's that are on the remain side 

Watching Children drown becuase they parents voted leave

Asking Children that are on Life Support Machines if their parents voted Brexit and turning off the life support machine of the child if the parents voted brexit

Or from 

@laurencehazlew1 in France 

Pity we couldn't put the 52% to sleep Permanently.One day euthansia WILL not only be legal but  compuslory for the dregs of Society like Wrecksitters. We'll call it Moral Cleansing

https://twitter.com/JackBMontgomery/status/1078348438784409602/photo/1

I can't recall any video from Pat Condell where he has suggested killing everyone that voted remain

That's why I call them remoaner scum, I mean what other description would so eloquently describe the type of people who have tried every underhanded scheme imaginable to over turn a vote that didn't go the way they wanted it to. It was only an advisory referendum whaaaaa waaa, we're a representative democracy parliament decides whaaaaa waaaa, I want another referendum preferably one where the plebs aren't allowed to vote whaaaaa waaaa waaa. 

Seriously these buffoons actually want Britain to go into a deep recession after Brexit just so they can say I told you so, they'd be happy to see 30bhat to the £ just so their fragile ego isn't dented by having to finally admit they were wrong. That sort of attitude is that of a complete scum bag, I certainly wouldn't have been hoping for a recession had we remained. I still would have voted for any party that would have pushed for reform in EU as I'd still believe it is fundamentally flawed, but would I have wished ill on remainers just because they're to ill informed to see that, no, absolutely not!

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Realigning to the winning side has been the norm for donkeys; notably in English History by the Stanleys @ Bosworth.

Ah, the Winter King!

Not only did he win Bosworth, he back dated the victory by one day so that all the followers of Richard of York automatically became traitors!

Of course in those days, nobody gave a damn what peasants had to say. The good old days! 

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Ah, the Winter King!

Not only did he win Bosworth, he back dated the victory by one day so that all the followers of Richard of York automatically became traitors!

Of course in those days, nobody gave a damn what peasants had to say. The good old days! 

There seems to be a modern day version in the form of Jeremy Hunt but I have something much more interesting for you...

5 minutes ago, Chartist said:

That's why I call them remoaner scum, I mean what other description would so eloquently describe the type of people who have tried every underhanded scheme imaginable to over turn a vote that didn't go the way they wanted it to. It was only an advisory referendum whaaaaa waaa, we're a representative democracy parliament decides whaaaaa waaaa, I want another referendum preferably one where the plebs aren't allowed to vote whaaaaa waaaa waaa. 

Seriously these buffoons actually want Britain to go into a deep recession after Brexit just so they can say I told you so, they'd be happy to see 30bhat to the £ just so their fragile ego isn't dented by having to finally admit they were wrong. That sort of attitude is that of a complete scum bag, I certainly wouldn't have been hoping for a recession had we remained. I still would have voted for any party that would have pushed for reform in EU as I'd still believe it is fundamentally flawed, but would I have wished ill on remainers just because they're to ill informed to see that, no, absolutely not!

To my mind the worst thing about Brexit is the way it has split the country.

People on both sides name calling the other is only going to make that rift deeper.

The country is going to spend the next generation arguing about this and who is/was right you realize?

No matter which side prevails.

Nothing of any importance will get done for a generation. 

It's condemned Britain to impotence.

I just hope it's a gentle decline. 

10 minutes ago, Chartist said:

A rather unpleasantly worded contribution.

I had hoped for a little more courtesy this new year. Sadly, that is clearly not to be. However, and in line with my resolution, I will not be unkind to you.

Would you like a biscuit?

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

People on both sides name calling the other is only going to make that rift deeper.

The country is going to spend the next generation arguing about this and who is/was right you realize?

Agree, and caused by those who voted remain, and then refused to accept the Democratic decision of their fellow citizens.

16 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There seems to be a modern day version in the form of Jeremy Hunt but I have something much more interesting for you...

Goodwin is a cynical contrarian.

Just taking a contrary view to differentiate himself from the majority of academe

He's a nasty young BNP punk 

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just taking a contrary view to differentiate himself from the majority of academe

Great to see you're on form Grouse. I'd never heard of him & it saves me looking him up ????

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You might like to post the full poll results.

Not like you to skew the overall conclusion by selectivity!

22 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I had hoped for a little more courtesy this new year. Sadly, that is clearly not to be. However, and in line with my resolution, I will not be unkind to you.

This aspect came up earlier & I had hoped we'd put it to bed. Humour and Banter are perfectly acceptable but the boards could do without the blatant abuse.

20 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Agree, and caused by those who voted remain, and then refused to accept the Democratic decision of their fellow citizens.

It's not that we do not accept the view of the, er, leavers.

We don't care 

We will continue to do what's best.

35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Can you provide any links to support your claims

Thats strange has it writes for the Guardian 

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/matthew-goodwin

and some details here

Matthew is an outward-facing researcher who shares the view that social science should be as much about contributing to wider society as to the social sciences. He frequently appears in broadcast and print media and has engaged with more than 200 non-academic organizations, from the European Parliament and U.S. State Department to the Prime Minister’s Office and Deutsche Bank.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/politics/staff/canterbury/goodwin.html

Maybe he doesn't like scotch whisky

Would you like a biscuit? Well now..grouse the groomer?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Can you provide any links to support your claims

Thats strange has it writes for the Guardian 

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/matthew-goodwin

and some details here

Matthew is an outward-facing researcher who shares the view that social science should be as much about contributing to wider society as to the social sciences. He frequently appears in broadcast and print media and has engaged with more than 200 non-academic organizations, from the European Parliament and U.S. State Department to the Prime Minister’s Office and Deutsche Bank.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/politics/staff/canterbury/goodwin.html

Maybe he doesn't like scotch whisky

What other kind of whisky is there?

The boy is a cynic. His views are whatever pays most.

55 minutes ago, tebee said:

And probably put the blame on each other for long time. In case of soft Brexit the remainers will put the blame on the leavers for leaving, and the leavers on the remainers for not having supported a hard Brexit. In case of hard Brexit, the remainers will put the blame on the leavers too, and the leavers will probably find a way to put the blame on anyone else as it is the essence of the Brexit dynamics.

Just now, Grouse said:

I assume thats a NO then you can't provided any links to support your posts

Typical remainer doesn't provide any evidence to support their posts but always ask leavers to provide evidence to backup their posts

21 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Typical remainer doesn't provide any evidence to support their posts but always ask leavers to provide evidence to backup their posts

No. Not at all. You must surely know that I post links ad nauseum.

"Europe's emergent right wing is not all violent, and it should be taken seriously, says the author of "New British Fascism""

Do you read TheEconomist?

"As Goodwin notes: "There exists in British politics a sizeable amount of latent support for the extreme right which is far greater than is apparent at the polls. Put simply, extreme right parties in Britain have consistently failed to realise their potential.""

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Here are some examples of loon's that are on the remain side 

Watching Children drown becuase they parents voted leave

Asking Children that are on Life Support Machines if their parents voted Brexit and turning off the life support machine of the child if the parents voted brexit

Or from 

@laurencehazlew1 in France 

Pity we couldn't put the 52% to sleep Permanently.One day euthansia WILL not only be legal but  compuslory for the dregs of Society like Wrecksitters. We'll call it Moral Cleansing

https://twitter.com/JackBMontgomery/status/1078348438784409602/photo/1

I can't recall any video from Pat Condell where he has suggested killing everyone that voted remain

There are certainly some very nasty people out there in the UK. IMO they would still be the same nasty bastards anyway even if the subject was not Brexit.

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Crap, the exchange rate's been low well before Brexit was even mentioned......

On January 1st 2016 the GBP forex rate was 53.475 thb and went to 49.5 ish in mid March then up to 52 ish in May and just after the election it dropped to about 46.5 by the end of June. By October it was down to 42.6. It rallied a but but by year end it was 44 thb.

I have given you a link. How about you provide a link to back your words up.

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2016&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=31&MM2=12&YYYY2=2016&btnOK=Go!

22 minutes ago, candide said:

And probably put the blame on each other for long time. In case of soft Brexit the remainers will put the blame on the leavers for leaving, and the leavers on the remainers for not having supported a hard Brexit. In case of hard Brexit, the remainers will put the blame on the leavers too, and the leavers will probably find a way to put the blame on anyone else as it is the essence of the Brexit dynamics.

There isn't a HARD brexit; it's only ever been leave!

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Typical Brexiter generalization about remainers. It's really stupid to do that kind of thing. Yes, I know that my comment comes falls under that rubric, too. The difference is that I know it's stupid. As for you...

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

No. Not at all. You must surely know that I post links ad nauseum.

"Europe's emergent right wing is not all violent, and it should be taken seriously, says the author of "New British Fascism""

Do you read TheEconomist?

"As Goodwin notes: "There exists in British politics a sizeable amount of latent support for the extreme right which is far greater than is apparent at the polls. Put simply, extreme right parties in Britain have consistently failed to realise their potential.""

So you are unable to provide any supporting evidence to support your claim of " He's a nasty young BNP punk "

I take you know he is 37 years old

Matthew Goodwin is Lecturer in Politics in the School of Politics and International Relations at the University of Nottingham, and an Associate Fellow of Chatham House. His substantive research interests are political extremism, voting behaviour and immigration. He is the author of New British Fascism: Rise of the British National Party, and co-editor of The New Extremism in TwentyFirst Century Britain (both published by Routledge). His research has been published in leading academic journals, including the European Journal of Political Research, the Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties, and Political Studies. Drawing on this research, Dr Goodwin has advised governmental and other agencies on these issues, including the Home Office, Cabinet Office, Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), local authorities and security services. He is a frequent panellist at international conferences and regular media commentator, including in the Economist, New York Times, Guardian and Financial Times, and on Newsnight and Westminster Hour. From 2007 to 2010, he was based at the University of Manchester where he was an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Postdoctoral Research Follow. His research in this area has also been partly funded by the British Academy.

https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/default/files/r0911_goodwin.pdf

Irish whisky is so much better than scotch whisky

t

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Typical Brexiter generalization about remainers. It's really stupid to do that kind of thing. Yes, I know that my comment comes falls under that rubric, too. The difference is that I know it's stupid. As for you...

And still no supporting links from anyone on the remainers side 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Ah, the Winter King!

I would like to see you repeat that in Paris

surrounded with yellow vests, maybe not so

cocky eh.

Your attitude is what is wrong with society.

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And still no supporting links from anyone on the remainers side 

I didn't know that remainers have the collective responsibility to support every statement made by one individual remainer. Could you provide me chapter and verse of the official remainer handbook that stipulates this?

Just now, bristolboy said:

I didn't know that remainers have the collective responsibility to support every statement made by one individual remainer. Could you provide me chapter and verse of the official remainer handbook that stipulates this?

Its okay we can assume as the individual remainer is unable to provide any evidence to support his posts it was just made up or Fake news 

Archived