BANGKOK
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

But rule one for going into negotiations is to know what you want out of those negotiations. Rule two is to know what what you are willing to concede to get what you want.

The public vote did not give any indication of how we should leave the EU and what status we should aim for afterwards.

We didn't stop to decide this first, therefore the effort that should have gone into negotiating with the EU   all went into negotiations with ourselves.  TM apparently decided that Ending FOM without wrecking the economy  was the goal  and came back with probably the best deal she could with those objectives. 

But, it's become perfectly obvious that only a few share this vision of leave. We are now having the discussions about this that we should have had before we invoked art 50 or better still before we had the referendum.  
It wasn't up to the public to decide HOW to leave. The vote was simply TO leave. Rule number one should have been to do exactly that first. Leave the EU post-haste. Tell the EU Britain was making a clean break. None of this falling off a cliff nonsense. Tell the EU that unless they came forward with a more attractive proposition, we wouldn't be giving them billions of pounds, we'd just leave and trade under WTO terms. Leave it up to the EU to decide what they want to offer. If they offer nothing, fine, we save billions of pounds and Brexit gets given the chance to work or fail. Obviously you think it will / would fail, so fine, you get proven correct, brexiteers proven idiots, and we rejoin with the whole matter settled once and for all. The country moves forward.

Rejoining the EU without having left, as you desire, the country will not move forward, I guarantee you that. Ultimately we will I believe leave, as the pressure will just build again, but greater than before because they'll be the sense of injustice piled on top of the sense of hatred for the EU. You'll regret supporting the overturning of democracy, because it will come back to bite you on the backside one way or the other.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 2

Who  cares , i do not  intend to use my  vote  anymore .   

Those  living in UK , have  chosen  their fate , enjoy .

Another , warm day in LOS, paradise . Merry Xmas , you moaners. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, rixalex said:

You are having a laugh if you think deciding to remain would be a negotiation. They would tell us the terms and that would be that. As I say, what will the EU have to fear from us?

If we say, "ah, excuse me Mr EU President, don't mean to be rude but would you mind awfully if we change the odd detail of our membership?", what's he going to say?, "Why's that, are you thinking of leaving?" Cue him rolling around hysterically on the floor.

I disagree

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I disagree

There is overwhelming evidence that Grouse is infact

this man..       Happy Xmas Brexiters only.

guy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rixalex said:

You are having a laugh if you think deciding to remain would be a negotiation. They would tell us the terms and that would be that. As I say, what will the EU have to fear from us?

If we say, "ah, excuse me Mr EU President, don't mean to be rude but would you mind awfully if we change the odd detail of our membership?", what's he going to say?, "Why's that, are you thinking of leaving?" Cue him rolling around hysterically on the floor.

If UK should opt to remain rather than exit,

terms and conditions would be as now, would they not?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

That's what the ECJ said. But I reckon they would change soon whatever.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rixalex said:

Oh, because it really turns out that the EU really isn't desperate for the UK's yearly contributions?  

Possibly. Point is that we would be in no position to object to any changes that were made against our wishes, or call for changes we desire, since the EU will know that we have no leverage whatsoever. We would be the EU's bitch.

• Like 2

Oh, because it really turns out that the EU really isn't desperate for the UK's yearly contributions?  
Oh yeah, they are desperate for it, it's just that if remainers get their way, and we end up not leaving, they'll know that our yearly contributions ain't going nowhere.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Possibly. Point is that we would be in no position to object to any changes that were made against our wishes, or call for changes we desire, since the EU will know that we have no leverage whatsoever. We would be the EU's bitch.

agree with the call for changes we desire bit, unless you get the majority to support you

as regards changes against your wishes - some support may be found in the treaties,

I mean support for the UK view

Edited by melvinmelvin
fix
  • Like 1