BANGKOK
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

43 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Why do we not want another referendum, because we had one and until it's enacted there is nothing to vote on. The only referendum I would support is one in which the choices were leave with no deal or leave with the poor deal May has negotiated. Frankly I'm sick of hearing childish whining from remoaner scum demanding a second referendum because the first one didn't go the way they wanted it to.

+1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

As a leaver I haven't changed my mind.

I don't fear another referendum but I do object to the Remain campaign demanding one at this point as the original referendum has not been enacted yet.

Let that one be finished, and THEN propose a new one or are the Remainers worried that they may lose the second referendum before the first has been completed?

In which case, I would urge you to back May's deal. Yes, it pleases nobody but what else will? The country is roughly split down the middle, so 'winner takes all' is simply not practicable. What other answer can there be, given the deep polarisation of the UK? 

Then there is the question of what will remain of the UK if we can't get our act together...

• Like 2

I've had a good night with me missis thai mates,

but now have just caught 3 pages of this debate/ debacle

on brextit and i conclude thet democracy

is gone tits up. and i'm going tobed.

Twitter Post from a remainer in France @laurencehazlew1

""Pity we couldn't put the 52% to sleep, Permanently. One day, euthanasia. WILL not only be legal but compulsory for the dregs of Society like. Wrecksitters. We'll call it Moral Cleansing" 

https://twitter.com/JackBMontgomery/status/1078348438784409602/photo/1

Edited by vinny41

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Why are you afraid of holding a second referendum now, or rather after a final deal has been reached between the UK and EU?

With the majority of leavers it is an emotional argument and they do not want reality getting in the way.

How many leavers would advocate major operations or switching off life support be done on the basis of a single test?

Even criminals are entitled to a larger majority result.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Pat Condell was fair game though eh?

Did I call him scum or anything like that?

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

'Loon' and 'a nasty piece of work' in this example while failing to address any of his content. Others have been on the receiving end too; with the common denominator being that you despise the fact that we're leaving.

A lot different from calling people "remoaner scum" for wanting another election.

Loon is a crazy person. And the fact that he was threatening other UK citizens who are exercising their right to be in opposition is the kind of things that a crazed and nasty person would say.

And the European Union's Convention on Human Rights does provide considerably more robust protection for individual Britons' liberty than does that vaporous quantity known as the British Constitution.

• Like 1