Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

the brexiteers are clutching at straws,iam still waiting to see one worthwhile example which will replace the EU,SM and CU,Chile is just embarrassing,that agreement isnt worth the piece of paper its written on to the UK economy,pathetic,i bet the UK wine makers are furious,what next an agreement with argentina to import their whisky????

jeez

the UK doesn't need enemies as long as they have citizens/friends like you

my gawd

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious as to why those rhubarbing the Chile deal had nothing to say re the Malthouse compromise posted earlier on the same page?

& when are any of you going to offer no10 your expertise in getting things done, given you're so much better at it than you think they are?

In reality the above is akin to the experts in the terraces on a Sat afternoon bleating about refereeing decisions taken on a football pitch ????

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm curious as to why those rhubarbing the Chile deal had nothing to say re the Malthouse compromise posted earlier on the same page?

& when are any of you going to offer no10 your expertise in getting things done, given you're so much better at it than you think they are?

In reality the above is akin to the experts in the terraces on a Sat afternoon bleating about refereeing decisions taken on a football pitch ????

Not rhubarbing it, but the deal with Chile is hardly a negotiated Free Trade Agreement. It is nothing more than an agreement to continue the application of a part of the EU - Chile FTA after Brexit. As I remarked earlier: that EU - Chile deal apparently wasn’t a bad one, and it doesn’t look like the UK will get a better deal.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, billd766 said:

But how can you have a second referendum until the first referendum has been completed?

That would mean ignoring the votes, not wishes, of some 17 million people to appease some 15 million people.

IMHO there should have been a PM who voted for Brexit and not a Remainer PM like Teresa May.

YMMV.

The political class can’t hide now as we’re getting near freedom day. Have a second referendum, no they will try to delay so demographic changes assist the remain campaign. Then try to engineer some deal that keeps its so close we would be better staying in. I don’t mind staying in we can bring the EU down easier from the inside. Cut our VAT so our contributions are less and simply use our veto and bring it to a standstill !

The option was a Brexit as per the government project fear booklet they popped into our post boxes. What is now called Hard Brexit is exactly what. Was voted for as per the said leaflet.

Lets see what fun and games happens if the delay our freedom in March?

2 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

The political class can’t hide now as we’re getting near freedom day.

Thanks for getting that one in first so I could avoid wasting my time with the rest.

10 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

The political class can’t hide now as we’re getting near freedom day. Have a second referendum, no they will try to delay so demographic changes assist the remain campaign. Then try to engineer some deal that keeps its so close we would be better staying in. I don’t mind staying in we can bring the EU down easier from the inside. Cut our VAT so our contributions are less and simply use our veto and bring it to a standstill !

The option was a Brexit as per the government project fear booklet they popped into our post boxes. What is now called Hard Brexit is exactly what. Was voted for as per the said leaflet.

now its bring the EU down ????   come on man,keep it sensible

18 minutes ago, damascase said:

Not rhubarbing it, but the deal with Chile is hardly a negotiated Free Trade Agreement. It is nothing more than an agreement to continue the application of a part of the EU - Chile FTA after Brexit. As I remarked earlier: that EU - Chile deal apparently wasn’t a bad one, and it doesn’t look like the UK will get a better deal.

and i was all ready to change my thinking of brexit on the strength of that deal,never mind iam sure there are others out there,Nigera and her people seem genuine and are always awash with money to spend,lets unlock that wealth,come on Farage send them ya bank details????

12 hours ago, bannork said:

What is it with the block capitals and bold print? Are you suffering from Brexit Blindness, a chronic condition where the patient is both long sighted (unable to see looming events), and short sighted (unable to see long distance outcomes clearly). 

I C & P'd the large text and the system would not enable me to reduce the size of the letters when it came to my comments.

It had nothing to do with my eyesight nor lack of it. But you knew that, you were simply trying to crack cheap jokes about what you insinuated are my visual impairments. There are probably forum rules regarding the ridiculing what could well be the physical handicaps of others.

Do it again and I'll report you. OK.

13 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Extreme Brexit 'could' be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

Use of the word 'could' also can mean it could not.

My saying 'I could win the lottery tomorrow' also might mean 'I could not win the lottery tomorrow.'

The BoE are pro EU financiers who are just scaremongering.

Yes it is all "scaremongering", who knows what the extreme brexit will bring, a massive boost to a rapidly deteriorating situation?

The pigs are refuelled, BF'd and ready to fly.

As he released the latest figures for investment and production in Britain’s car factories and supply chains, Mr Hawes said it was “not a pretty picture”, and he repeated that a “no deal” Brexit was the worst outcome of all, indeed an “existential threat” for British industry, and that all forms of Brexit were an exercise in “damage limitation”. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-uk-car-industry-automotive-vehicles-collapse-smmt-deal-cars-a8755041.html

11 hours ago, bomber said:

next an agreement with argentina to import their whisky

I believe they sell beef, when I were a lad all the UK's beef came from the Argentine, and it was really good.

The EU ended all the cheap beef imports though, and it became a luxury item.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Yes it is all "scaremongering", who knows what the extreme brexit will bring, a massive boost to a rapidly deteriorating situation?

As he released the latest figures for investment and production in Britain’s car factories and supply chains, Mr Hawes said it was “not a pretty picture”, and he repeated that a “no deal” Brexit was the worst outcome of all, indeed an “existential threat” for British industry, and that all forms of Brexit were an exercise in “damage limitation”. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-uk-car-industry-automotive-vehicles-collapse-smmt-deal-cars-a8755041.html

The Independent is a pro EU publication that wants us to remain in the EU and you can bet your Mr Hawes who is a big wheel in the car manufacturing Industry is mainly concerned about his profits and those of his fellow business executives.

Meanwhile 17.4 million Brexiteers are more determined than ever that imported cheap labour from Eastern Europe will not threatened their livelihoods any more than it already has done.

If the politicians had not insisted on flooding the country with immigrants few of those 17.4 million people  would have been at all concerned about our being part of the EU.

Undemocratically imposed mass immigration has been a controversial subject for years and given rise to populism across the Western world and our wish to quit the EU are the results of that stupidity.

The trouble in France is because Jean Bloggs and his chums are sick of having to fork out the money required to fund the globalist policies of the EU.

So called 'right wing' or 'far right' organisations are appearing all over Europe again because of that same stupidity. 

It's the stupidity of the politicians that is causing this trouble not the 'racist' nor 'neo nazi' element that the 'elite' tell us are now prevalent among the European people.

11 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

"The political class can’t hide now as we’re getting near freedom day."

11 hours ago, baboon said:

Thanks for getting that one in first so I could avoid wasting my time with the rest.

Whereas that was the point with which I agreed!

More trade arrangements inc one guaranteed to have the usual culprits reaching for their screen cleaner & heading to the zeroing range* before bothering to read it! ???? 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-signs-eastern-and-southern-africa-trade-continuity-agreement

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/joint-statement-on-the-new-mechanism-to-facilitate-trade-with-iran

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/investment-minister-visits-dusseldorf-to-promote-uk-germany-trade

(*to prep for shooting the messenger!)

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I C & P'd the large text and the system would not enable me to reduce the size of the letters when it came to my comments.

It had nothing to do with my eyesight nor lack of it. But you knew that, you were simply trying to crack cheap jokes about what you insinuated are my visual impairments. There are probably forum rules regarding the ridiculing what could well be the physical handicaps of others.

Do it again and I'll report you. OK.

I was teasing your stance regarding Brexit, nothing to do with your eyesight.

By the way, if you had copied and pasted into Microsoft Word first you could probably have downsized the text. It's against forum rules to use block capitals as it's seen as shouting.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

as an aside to scaremongering;

fear.png.ecec6289314726204455f31f7d05fce7.png

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I was teasing your stance regarding Brexit, nothing to do with your eyesight.

By the way, if you had copied and pasted into Microsoft Word first you could probably have downsized the text. It's against forum rules to use block capitals as it's seen as shouting.

I know what you meant and I was teasing you back. 

The original script was 'shouting' size and nothing was said and anyway I don't know the first thing about using Microsoft Word. In fact I've never heard of it.

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

More trade arrangements inc one guaranteed to have the usual culprits reaching for their screen cleaner & heading to the zeroing range* before bothering to read it! ???? 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-signs-eastern-and-southern-africa-trade-continuity-agreement

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/joint-statement-on-the-new-mechanism-to-facilitate-trade-with-iran

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/investment-minister-visits-dusseldorf-to-promote-uk-germany-trade

(*to prep for shooting the messenger!)

Not shooting the messenger, but as I wrote earlier, these are only agreements to further apply (‘continuity’) the relevant EU trade agreements. Nothing wrong with that, but I wonder whether that is what LEAVE means by ‘taking back control’? Copy and paste EU rules? Apparently those agreements weren’t that bad?

16 hours ago, bomber said:

chile ???? what are we going to sell them,maybe a lot of nissans,toyota's,landrover's and honda's,whoops i forgot they wont be built here soon,and the UKs wine industry is not worth £19 billion to the UK ecomomy i know,and 190,000 jobs are not dependant on it either and as we import 99% of our wine,this preferential trading agreement will benefit Chile not the small UK wine producers,if anything it will harm them,total nothing of an agreement which is why it was only signed by the ambassador,no jobs created in the UK from it,total nothing of an article that would of gone unnoticed without brexit,and will probably be void anyway with us remaining in the CU and SM

You don't actually know what the UK exports do you? We're the 9th largest global exporter which isn't bad for a country of 65 million people also most of our exports don't go to the EU, I know this may come as a massive shock to you parochial EU sycophants but there is a world outside of the EU.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I believe they sell beef, when I were a lad all the UK's beef came from the Argentine, and it was really good.

your moaning because the EU ended cheap argentine beef,thats called looking after no1 in my book,isnt this what brexit fans have screaming for for 3 years,make ya mind up for gods sake

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK

there s now absolutely no doubt that any form of Brexit will leave UK worse of - in fact even the last 2 years before Brexit have cost the country billions.

why is so alarming is that even Brexiteers believe this is the case (unless they are completely out of touch) and they seem to think that this is an OK situation.

ThIn the space of 2 years  appears Brexiteers have gone from a fools' utopia of milk, honey and unicorns to "So what if thousands of people will suffer?"

Any government that deliberately harms its own country is guilty of treason.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why is it that Brexiteers think that they will get back old markets - I suppose you think we'll colonist India and get cheap textiles again.

26 minutes ago, Chartist said:

You don't actually know what the UK exports do you? We're the 9th largest global exporter which isn't bad for a country of 65 million people also most of our exports don't go to the EU, I know this may come as a massive shock to you parochial EU sycophants but there is a world outside of the EU.

Unfortunately the world "outside is smaller and trees with the EU already -talk about parochial. Who the hell do you think will trade with UK in preference to EU? 

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

your moaning because the EU ended cheap argentine beef,thats called looking after no1 in my book,isnt this what brexit fans have screaming for for 3 years,make ya mind up for gods sake

We did. The answer was...

4 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Why is it that Brexiteers think that they will get back old markets - I suppose you think we'll colonist India and get cheap textiles again.

As they're in the Commonwealth that shouldn't be unnecessary ????

Archived