BANGKOK
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You may be right.  Our MPs have made it clear that they have no intention of a genuine brexit, but also realise that accepting May's 'deal' could result in them losing their seats as the populace know that this is a very bad deal indeed....

Continued uncertainty results in continued low exchange rates.

Crap, the exchange rate's been low well before Brexit was even mentioned......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Realigning to the winning side has been the norm for donkeys; notably in English History by the Stanleys @ Bosworth.

Ah, the Winter King!

Not only did he win Bosworth, he back dated the victory by one day so that all the followers of Richard of York automatically became traitors!

Of course in those days, nobody gave a damn what peasants had to say. The good old days! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chartist said:

That's why I call them remoaner scum, I mean what other description would so eloquently describe the type of people who have tried every underhanded scheme imaginable to over turn a vote that didn't go the way they wanted it to. It was only an advisory referendum whaaaaa waaa, we're a representative democracy parliament decides whaaaaa waaaa, I want another referendum preferably one where the plebs aren't allowed to vote whaaaaa waaaa waaa. 

Seriously these buffoons actually want Britain to go into a deep recession after Brexit just so they can say I told you so, they'd be happy to see 30bhat to the £ just so their fragile ego isn't dented by having to finally admit they were wrong. That sort of attitude is that of a complete scum bag, I certainly wouldn't have been hoping for a recession had we remained. I still would have voted for any party that would have pushed for reform in EU as I'd still believe it is fundamentally flawed, but would I have wished ill on remainers just because they're to ill informed to see that, no, absolutely not!

A rather unpleasantly worded contribution.

I had hoped for a little more courtesy this new year. Sadly, that is clearly not to be. However, and in line with my resolution, I will not be unkind to you.

Would you like a biscuit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There seems to be a modern day version in the form of Jeremy Hunt but I have something much more interesting for you...

Goodwin is a cynical contrarian.

Just taking a contrary view to differentiate himself from the majority of academe

He's a nasty young BNP punk 

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just taking a contrary view to differentiate himself from the majority of academe

Great to see you're on form Grouse. I'd never heard of him & it saves me looking him up 😁

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There seems to be a modern day version in the form of Jeremy Hunt but I have something much more interesting for you...

You might like to post the full poll results.

Not like you to skew the overall conclusion by selectivity!

20 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Agree, and caused by those who voted remain, and then refused to accept the Democratic decision of their fellow citizens.

It's not that we do not accept the view of the, er, leavers.

We don't care 

We will continue to do what's best.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You might like to post the full poll results.

Not like you to skew the overall conclusion by selectivity!

...it is when (only) seeking a bite 😎

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Can you provide any links to support your claims

Thats strange has it writes for the Guardian 

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/matthew-goodwin

and some details here

Matthew is an outward-facing researcher who shares the view that social science should be as much about contributing to wider society as to the social sciences. He frequently appears in broadcast and print media and has engaged with more than 200 non-academic organizations, from the European Parliament and U.S. State Department to the Prime Minister’s Office and Deutsche Bank.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/politics/staff/canterbury/goodwin.html

Maybe he doesn't like scotch whisky

Edited by vinny41
  • Like 1