Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

i like the quote "even worse its refusing to do anything about it"  and is it really a surprise that nations who have been plodding along with 1-2% growth for 5-10 years have stalled ahead of a nation that has been averaging 6-10% for 20 years,not really is it.It looks like the telegraph have dropped a clanger again.Perhaps Germany and co should encourage their people to rack personal debt levels to UK levels to help out those poor suffering chinese workers whose jobs might be at risk,i think the vast majority of germans know better than to do such a foolish thing.

"even worse its refusing to do anything about it" 

This of course joins the list of what have the EU done about sky high youth unemployment, the rise of extreme parties , the dissatisfaction with their social and political agenda , a currency which only benefits one country etc. perhaps you could tell us.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, aright said:

This of course joins the list of what have the EU done about sky high youth unemployment, the rise of extreme parties , the dissatisfaction with their social and political agenda , a currency which only benefits one country etc. perhaps you could tell us.

in portugal its down from 38% to 23% in 3 years i havent a clue how they did it,my partner is portuguese i might bore her and ask,when there ive seen several adverts in cafe/bars advertising vacancies maybe one offs iam not sure or maybe they are like many in the UK and dont want work,the wages there are very low but they dont have the drug and drinking culture like the UK and very few teenage mothers needing housing,its a more civilised place.Extreme parties you say they were present even in the old good days and always will be,social and political agenda? not sure how a currency used for so many countries can benefit only one nation,which one is it? i know it didnt benefit the pound much its give it a good kicking in recent years,and a few years ago was even being touted as a replacement for the currency to trade oil with.If it was that bad Greece would of ditched it,but they didnt and neither has any others voiced concern about it,why should they its a robust currency and brings many benefits.

36 minutes ago, aright said:

i wonder what the UK govt does about this.Maybe you can advise them

Ford_ Almost 1,000 Bridgend job losses by 2021 outlined to unions - BBC News.html

52 minutes ago, aright said:

there are 12 nations in the EU with lower youth unemployment than the UK,what is your beloved UK govt which you have so much faith in going to do to change this may i ask.11.5% isnt good for the mighty UK

1 hour ago, bomber said:

If it was that bad Greece would of ditched it,but they didnt and neither has any others voiced concern about it,why should they its a robust currency and brings many benefits.

Hahahah mate your comedy gold it's like listening to Trigger from only fools and horses try and debate politics. 

Greece tried to ditch it in 2015, they had a referendum rejecting the EU's bail out package which would of meant them leaving the EU and ditching the Euro, the EU didn't like that decision so they had to have another referendum, sound familiar. The Euro is not and never has been a robust currency, it's the main cause of the stagnation in Southern Europe.

16 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Hahahah mate your comedy gold it's like listening to Trigger from only fools and horses try and debate politics. 

Greece tried to ditch it in 2015, they had a referendum rejecting the EU's bail out package which would of meant them leaving the EU and ditching the Euro, the EU didn't like that decision so they had to have another referendum, sound familiar. The Euro is not and never has been a robust currency, it's the main cause of the stagnation in Southern Europe.

so 3 or 4 of the southern poorer havent prospered,the other 22 have,not a bad ratio imo

10 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

interesting to see that parts of "true England" on this map have in fact been Scotland from time to time

true england ????  i call it yorkshire an enclave that will  be forever a part of pakistan.long before the EU was even thought of,never mind i think i would of been mentally scarred growing up there also ????

1 hour ago, Chartist said:

are you still lumping a big wedge on the FTSE in time for lift off?

35 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

who's gonna sell out who, d'you think?

Will May sell out Gibraltar or EU sell out Eire?

my money's on Gib - they voted remain.

let them have it for me,its of no value to the country respect their vote but next will come scotland,then NI,its coming if there's a no deal anyway,they want to remain,let yorkistan leave without a deal though there will be some "crack" ing trade deals to be done with the Taliban.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

so you live in thailand yet are so adamant leave was the right thing,ha ha its cost you £10,000 -£20,000 plus and getting worse by the day,a clever lad you are,when the euro crashes it wont put anymore baht in your pocket,maybe you will be joining me for a few £0.60 pints instead of ya £4.00 ones in thailand????

I’ve been living in the U.K. for the last year. Moved back for two reasons, one for the free education of my children, rather than international school fees. SAVING me £20,000 p.a. 

Did not vote in the referendum, as I was not entitled too, not allowed due to being an ex-pat of 15yrs+ at that time. Another example of being a 2nd class British citizen.

Like so many British people, now see the E.u for what it is. 

It’s all about Democracy and not being a selfish remoaner.

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I’ve been living in the U.K. for the last year. Moved back for two reasons, one for the free education of my children, rather than international school fees. SAVING me £20,000 p.a. 

Did not vote in the referendum, as I was not entitled too, not allowed due to being an ex-pat of 15yrs+ at that time. Another example of being a 2nd class British citizen.

Like so many British people, now see the E.u for what it is. 

and to think a remain vote would of paid for the school fees,so what your saying is brexit has more or less sent you back to the promised land,hope you enjoy it but cannot understand how the EU was effecting you so much when you were not even living in it.

4 hours ago, wilcopops said:

"Blood in the Streets: Investment Profits in a World Gone Mad Hardcover – June 1, 1987"

William Rees- Mogg's book on making fortunes out of disasters will help people understand the motivation behind the well-off people who support Brexit.

His son discussing the Malthouse compromise:

16 hours ago, bomber said:

just checked the odds,Labour are the same odds as the tories to win,so where you get your no way from is rubbish,its a 2 horse race,simple as that,people are not homeless your just using it as an excuse for brexit,iam not sure where you are living to witness this but i live in the worst place in the UK for jobs and i dont see anybody homeless,a few druggies in shop door ways here and there but thats where they want to be,as for hordes of EU nationals i live in a village of 4000 people and i dont know any,not even one and ive lived here since birth and know 70% of folks who live here,iam sure there will be a handful but that will be about it,there are none working in the bars,shops,cafe's or driving taxi's,there are more ex south africans here than EU nationals,what is your opinion of them? you cannot put people into work who dont want work,if they worked in the first place the poles etc wouldnt of bothered coming,anyway your wish for them to return will come when the jobs start disappear,

The odds said that we'd vote to remain and the Hillary would be POTUS. So much for the odds, which are manipulated by interested parties who fix them to cause either concern or complacency.

I live in the murder and acid attack capital of Europe which became that way because of the immigration and multicultural agenda favoured by the EU. 

And I've also  lived here since birth up till now and now know hardly anyone. All my friends, neighbours and family have left the sh!th0le and when I get on a bus I'm often the only white Englishman on it.

I don't like it one little bit and if we stay in the EU it'll only get worse and Merkel will then be able to dump her two million 'New Europeans' on us to increase the problems even more and make our cities even more unsafe that they are at the moment.

lets face all the arguments have been said, in fact they were said a long, long time ago. What is happening now is a verbal war of contrition, the Brexiteers have been proved wrong on every point from sovereignty to economics to democracy and they won't "giver an inch" (where have we heard that before?).

The only thing left is derisions and insult, but even that is wearing thin...he country is split 52 48 and it will stay that way for decades - the Brexiteers of course claim they will put up with degradation in the name of leaving the EU..... for how long is another matter - as originally they thought Brexit was the door tp utopia.....but there is no arguing with someone as dumb as that so invective is the only tool.

7 hours ago, wilcopops said:

"Blood in the Streets: Investment Profits in a World Gone Mad Hardcover – June 1, 1987"

William Rees- Mogg's book on making fortunes out of disasters will help people understand the motivation behind the well-off people who support Brexit.

Haha your delusional every major bank, all three major parties, the majority of the press, the prime minister, the chancellor, the Governor of the Bank of England, the CBI and the IMF backed remain. Stop drinking the koolaid when they wheel out Tony Blair it's pretty obvious that the well-off people want to remain.

10 hours ago, nontabury said:

That is a good one. We are all perfectly aware what brexit democracy means - Telling Scotland, Ireland & Gibraltar to do what they are told by the English that were manipulated into what they voted for.

Political strategist Gerry Gunster, from Leave EU, told BBC Panorama that Facebook was a game changer for convincing voters to back Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39830727

Pro-Brexit campaign group Leave.EU and the Arron Banks firm Eldon Insurance have been fined £60,000 each for illegal marketing messages.

https://news.sky.com/story/leave-campaign-and-arron-banks-firm-elson-insurance-fined-for-illegal-marketing-11624617

2 hours ago, wilcopops said:

lets face all the arguments have been said, in fact they were said a long, long time ago. What is happening now is a verbal war of contrition, the Brexiteers have been proved wrong on every point from sovereignty to economics to democracy and they won't "giver an inch" (where have we heard that before?).

The only thing left is derisions and insult, but even that is wearing thin...he country is split 52 48 and it will stay that way for decades - the Brexiteers of course claim they will put up with degradation in the name of leaving the EU..... for how long is another matter - as originally they thought Brexit was the door tp utopia.....but there is no arguing with someone as dumb as that so invective is the only tool.

I gave up on constructive debate with remainers years ago arguing with them is like playing chess with a pigeon, doesn't matter what you do that dumb bird is just gonna crap all over the board then strut around like it won. I feel it's important not to let the deluded fools live in an eco chamber though, they won't shut the hell up with their whinging so unless us Brexiters respond, remainers will start to believe their own lies and think they're in the majority.

14 minutes ago, Chartist said:

I gave up on constructive debate with remainers years ago arguing with them is like playing chess with a pigeon, doesn't matter what you do that dumb bird is just gonna crap all over the board then strut around like it won. I feel it's important not to let the deluded fools live in an eco chamber though, they won't shut the hell up with their whinging so unless us Brexiters respond, remainers will start to believe their own lies and think they're in the majority.

It doesn't matter either way.

The remainers prefer to believe that leavers are un-educated, stupid etc. - and have no idea as to what has happened to the poorer segments of society as a result of the 'freedom of movement' policy.

2 hours ago, Chartist said:

Haha your delusional every major bank, all three major parties, the majority of the press, the prime minister, the chancellor, the Governor of the Bank of England, the CBI and the IMF backed remain. Stop drinking the koolaid when they wheel out Tony Blair it's pretty obvious that the well-off people want to remain.

Bang on the nail!

Staying in the EU means yet more open door immigration

Open door immigration means more workers

which means lower wages

which means bigger profits

which means more money for businesses and businessmen and those who they support and who support them.

But more poverty, less opportunity and more anger where the likes of the 17.4 million Brexiteers are concerned, not to mention school leavers who will soon discover that the job they'd hoped for has been snapped up by warm bedding Eastern European who will do it for a lot less than he was expecting to get anyway.

These youngsters will go on benefits and start selling drugs and getting into trouble with the law as that's what young men do when they have time on their hands and are not gainfully employed.

And Broken Britain will become even more broken and self perpetuating as recent history repeats itself and more British working class people find them selves on the scrap heap with no chance of getting off of it or changing things.

What the businesses will gain in profits will be off set by the benefits the tax payer will have to fork out to keep these armies of unemployed people who as time goes by will get so large that the necessary funding eventually becomes unsustainable.

The politicians concentrate on telling us that there are only 1.6 million people unemployed yet refrain from telling us about the 8.6 million people of working age who are 'economically inactive'.

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The odds said that we'd vote to remain and the Hillary would be POTUS. So much for the odds, which are manipulated by interested parties who fix them to cause either concern or complacency.

I live in the murder and acid attack capital of Europe which became that way because of the immigration and multicultural agenda favoured by the EU. 

And I've also  lived here since birth up till now and now know hardly anyone. All my friends, neighbours and family have left the sh!th0le and when I get on a bus I'm often the only white Englishman on it.

I don't like it one little bit and if we stay in the EU it'll only get worse and Merkel will then be able to dump her two million 'New Europeans' on us to increase the problems even more and make our cities even more unsafe that they are at the moment.

iam afraid your wrong,the majority of murders and acid attacks in london now are being carried out by 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants from west indian backgrounds and a small number of local english folks who are nearly all gang members although when they get cut up their parents deny it for the camera's,they are not asylum seekers or eastern european migrant workers at all,the country you admire so much let them all in in the 50s and 60s a long time before the UK joined the EU,another lie to blame the EU for your country's failings.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Bang on the nail!

Staying in the EU means yet more open door immigration

Open door immigration means more workers

which means lower wages

which means bigger profits

which means more money for businesses and businessmen and those who they support and who support them.

But more poverty, less opportunity and more anger where the likes of the 17.4 million Brexiteers are concerned, not to mention school leavers who will soon discover that the job they'd hoped for has been snapped up by warm bedding Eastern European who will do it for a lot less than he was expecting to get anyway.

These youngsters will go on benefits and start selling drugs and getting into trouble with the law as that's what young men do when they have time on their hands and are not gainfully employed.

And Broken Britain will become even more broken and self perpetuating as recent history repeats itself and more British working class people find them selves on the scrap heap with no chance of getting off of it or changing things.

What the businesses will gain in profits will be off set by the benefits the tax payer will have to fork out to keep these armies of unemployed people who as time goes by will get so large that the necessary funding eventually becomes unsustainable.

The politicians concentrate on telling us that there are only 1.6 million people unemployed yet refrain from telling us about the 8.6 million people of working age who are 'economically inactive'.

all will be well soon,comrade coybyn will look after you just fine,  oh shit ive just remembered he's a remoaner ????  8.6 million on benefits who have no interest in working you claim,well i live in the area with the highest unemployment rate in the country and i dont no anybody who is on the dole who wants to work but i know many who dont want to work and would rather claim benefits they are often to be found in spoonies and the vast majority voted leave,your to sorry feeling sorry for the lazy scroungers and blaming the EU,i would actually like to see a little less immigration but not at the cost of destroying the nations economy and future,you claim its the fault of the east europeans that youngsters start selling drugs,i think you need help

Archived