Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

28 minutes ago, bomber said:

all will be well soon,comrade coybyn will look after you just fine,  oh shit ive just remembered he's a remoaner ????  8.6 million on benefits who have no interest in working you claim,well i live in the area with the highest unemployment rate in the country and i dont no anybody who is on the dole who wants to work but i know many who dont want to work and would rather claim benefits they are often to be found in spoonies and the vast majority voted leave,your to sorry feeling sorry for the lazy scroungers and blaming the EU,i would actually like to see a little less immigration but not at the cost of destroying the nations economy and future,you claim its the fault of the east europeans that youngsters start selling drugs,i think you need help

29 minutes ago, bomber said:

all will be well soon,comrade coybyn will look after you just fine,  oh shit ive just remembered he's a remoaner ????  8.6 million on benefits who have no interest in working you claim,well i live in the area with the highest unemployment rate in the country and i dont no anybody who is on the dole who wants to work but i know many who dont want to work and would rather claim benefits they are often to be found in spoonies and the vast majority voted leave,your to sorry feeling sorry for the lazy scroungers and blaming the EU,i would actually like to see a little less immigration but not at the cost of destroying the nations economy and future,you claim its the fault of the east europeans that youngsters start selling drugs,i think you need help

"i think you need help"

No need to be rude. It's a sure sign that when you pro immigrationalists, lefties, progressives. liberals or Remanites feel you are losing an argument you resort to insults.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, sanemax said:

As the Worlds 5 th largest economy , we can make trade deals with the other top economies , USA , China , India , Japan , as well as Australia , Brazil , Canada and all the rest .

If the EU doesnt want the UK to buy their products , nevermind , its a big World out there

Sane , the UK  used to be the 5th largest economy in the world but I think you will over the last 2 1/2 years it has slipped to 7 th .

Sorry about that and we ain't even started the process yet !  

47 minutes ago, bomber said:

The Office of National Statistics published that 8.6 million figure not me. Look it up, it's on the internet. 

And I've not claimed they've no interest in working. After a few years some become disheartened, give up and lose any work ethic they may have had and a small percentage may turn to crime. That's not the same thing as claiming 8.6 million have no interest in working now is it.

But it's an indication of the state of affairs that we in the UK are actually getting into.

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

"i think you need help"

No need to be rude. It's a sure sign that when you pro immigrationalists, lefties, progressives. liberals or Remanites feel you are losing an argument you resort to insults.

considering you cannot tell the difference between an coloured person of afro-carribean appearance and a white person of eastern european appearance who speaks a different language its no surprise,iam not a leftie either,i hate corbyn and co,you will voting for him though as your comments are as like something i would hear at a labour party conference 

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

considering you cannot tell the difference between an coloured person of afro-carribean appearance and a white person of eastern european appearance who speaks a different language its no surprise,iam not a leftie either,i hate corbyn and co,you will voting for him though as your comments are as like something i would hear at a labour party conference 

If your not a leftie why do you go to Labour Party conferences?

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The Office of National Statistics published that 8.6 million figure not me. Look it up, it's on the internet. 

And I've not claimed they've no interest in working. After a few years some become disheartened, give up and lose any work ethic they may have had and a small percentage may turn to crime. That's not the same thing as claiming 8.6 million have no interest in working now is it.

But it's an indication of the state of affairs that we in the UK are actually getting into.

isnt it strange that all the immigrants manage to find work yet 8.6 million (apparently) cannot,something not right somewhere,once again not the fault of the EU,jobs are there at the moment,but it wont be the case after brexit,thats when your statistics will become reality.

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

isnt it strange that all the immigrants manage to find work yet 8.6 million (apparently) cannot,something not right somewhere,once again not the fault of the EU,jobs are there at the moment,but it wont be the case after brexit,thats when your statistics will become reality.

You see all these immigrants working do you. Up in your village of 4,000 people? Or do you get your information from the MSM.

23 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Sane , the UK  used to be the 5th largest economy in the world but I think you will over the last 2 1/2 years it has slipped to 7 th .

The size of the countries GDP doesn't matter when it doesn't filter down to the working class and doesn't result in better public services

Just now, Chartist said:

If your not a leftie why do you go to Labour Party conferences?

seen them on TV mate,wouldnt vote Labour for a gold pig,and i live in the biggest Labour area in the UK,Labour voters remind me of leave voters,everything's the Tories or the EUs fault,they sound like spoilt little brats.They still moan even when Labour get in,couldnt get to see a doctor for me sore throat,had to wait 1 hour at A=E,ciggies have gone up 10p a packet etc 

4 minutes ago, Chartist said:

The size of the countries GDP doesn't matter when it doesn't filter down to the working class and doesn't result in better public services

your a labour voter for sure,come on tell the truth

Just now, yogi100 said:

You see all these immigrants working do you. Up in your village of 4,000 people? Or do you get your information from the MSM.

Don't think his information sources are that advanced, when he was after the youth unemployment figure of Portugal he quoted a number and his method of verification was to ask his Mrs ???? The basic concept is he's retiring to Portugal and is upset that Brexit may cause a slight kerfuffle with his visa situation so thinks the rest of the country should continue suffering to save him the possible effort of applying for a visa, selfish so and so.

5 minutes ago, Chartist said:

record employment and still we hear all the usual working class rubbish,god help the working classes with a no deal and corbyn,then the working classes will have something to moan about,many wont be doing any work.

16 hours ago, nontabury said:

I’ve been living in the U.K. for the last year. Moved back for two reasons, one for the free education of my children, rather than international school fees. SAVING me £20,000 p.a. 

Did not vote in the referendum, as I was not entitled too, not allowed due to being an ex-pat of 15yrs+ at that time. Another example of being a 2nd class British citizen.

Like so many British people, now see the E.u for what it is. 

It’s all about Democracy and not being a selfish remoaner.

it seems Democracy ended your life in thailand,me thinks you may still of been there at 55bt to the pound like it was before brexit.

18 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Don't think his information sources are that advanced, when he was after the youth unemployment figure of Portugal he quoted a number and his method of verification was to ask his Mrs ???? The basic concept is he's retiring to Portugal and is upset that Brexit may cause a slight kerfuffle with his visa situation so thinks the rest of the country should continue suffering to save him the possible effort of applying for a visa, selfish so and so.

please read my post correctly i said i wouldnt bore her with such rubbish,the figures i stated were from a google search,ha ha brexit hard or soft wont cause any problems with visa's they welcome people there unlike some places i could mention,thats the concept ???? ha ha just think when the euro crumbles as predicted by your lot i will be 30-40% richer,oh sorry i forgot thats being selfish isnt it? the word selfish is getting common on here,maybe you can join me and your mate who hates living amongst them eastern european murders in east london,beers will be 50p a pint,yippeeeeeeee   

2 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Oh! Now we're getting somewhere. No wonder he's so concerned.

It's like the expats bitching about Brexit cos their GBPs are now worth only 65% of what they used to be.

There must be several thousand UK ex pats in the LOS and when this 800,000 baht in the bank for 6 months caper comes into effect many of 'em will have to head home back to the UK.

If they don't have a UK bolt hole they are going to find out what a problem immigration and the resultant levels of housing shortages have caused in Britain.

I know one 67 year old ex pat who went back to London for health reasons and was given a bed in different hostels each night. He had to be out by 9am and was sent to some other hostel each day for a night's sleep and was only allowed entry at 8pm. This was to ensure he really was homeless. He went to the hospital for tests and was told to report back in two weeks time. 

He gave up and managed to scrape enough money together to fly back to Pattaya where he still is as far as I know.

England is now 'No Country For Old Men' especially if they're white Englishmen. I do believe they made a film about it although I've not seen it.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Oh! Now we're getting somewhere. No wonder he's so concerned.

It's like the expats bitching about Brexit cos their GBPs are now worth only 65% of what they used to be.

There must be several thousand UK ex pats in the LOS and when this 800,000 baht in the bank for 6 months caper comes into effect many of 'em will have to head home back to the UK.

If they don't have a UK bolt hole they are going to find out what a problem immigration and the resultant levels of housing shortages have caused in Britain.

I know one 67 year old ex pat who went back to London for health reasons and was given a bed in different hostels each night. He had to be out by 9am and was sent to some other hostel each day for a night's sleep and was only allowed entry at 8pm. This was to ensure he really was homeless. He went to the hospital for tests and was told to report back in two weeks time. 

He gave up and managed to scrape enough money together to fly back to Pattaya where he still is as far as I know.

England is now 'No Country For Old Men' especially if they're white Englishmen. I do believe they made a film about it although I've not seen it.

sorry but your getting nowhere,comparing thailand and portugal is like chalk and cheese mate,they encourage decent retiree's with money and pensions,thailand doesnt want you there anymore,surely you have noticed this,even more so skint old men living off nothing but a state pension,his money would of gone further without brexit but i bet he wont admit it,perhaps you can tell us how much he has squandered on drink and whores over the years when he should of had medical insurance while living there,the man is not the brightest spark in the box it seems but iam sure he enjoyed his time in spoonies at 0900 till 2000 everyday with his fellow brexit fans,as for making a film i doubt he would get much sympathy being a skint sex tourist only coming home for free medical care,should become an EU expat and he wouldnt of even had to travel for a hospital,whoops i forgot he doesnt like the EU

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

It doesn't matter either way.

The remainers prefer to believe that leavers are un-educated, stupid etc. - and have no idea as to what has happened to the poorer segments of society as a result of the 'freedom of movement' policy.

Right. It's the immigrants' fault and not the swingeing cuts coming from the Tories. 

2 hours ago, bomber said:

it seems Democracy ended your life in thailand,me thinks you may still of been there at 55bt to the pound like it was before brexit.

What makes you say that?

especially as all my money was already in Thailand, as the majority still is.

By the way, when I first went to Thailand the exchange was 34 but. Thirteen years later, when I moved there full time, exchange was 74. In between it went up On one day to 96nbht

21 hours ago, Chartist said:

Hahahah mate your comedy gold it's like listening to Trigger from only fools and horses try and debate politics. 

Greece tried to ditch it in 2015, they had a referendum rejecting the EU's bail out package which would of meant them leaving the EU and ditching the Euro, the EU didn't like that decision so they had to have another referendum, sound familiar. The Euro is not and never has been a robust currency, it's the main cause of the stagnation in Southern Europe.

The referendum was solely about accepting the deal. Not about leaving the EU or ditching the Euro. In fact, bizarrely enough a big majority of Greek voters, like Italian voters, want to keep the Euro even though it has resulted in a prolonged depression for the Greek economy.

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

What makes you say that?

especially as all my money was already in Thailand, as the majority still is.

By the way, when I first went to Thailand the exchange was 34 but. Thirteen years later, when I moved there full time, exchange was 74. In between it went up On one day to 96nbht

reason i said it was you said you came home to save £20,000 which is fair comment imo

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The Rhubarb merchants will love this too ????

UK and Faroe Islands sign trade continuity agreement

For the 4th time I’ll give you the facts: 

These ‘deals’ signed are no proper Free Trade Agreements, but nothing more than a brief agreement - to continue - after Brexit - the application of the current FTA’s between the EU and certain third countries, applying the same tariffs, the same Rules of Origin, covering the same products etc. etc. That’s progress for you? Is this Leavers’ idea of ‘taking back control’?

A real FTA will take complicated and often lengthy negotiations, while a ‘continuity agreement’ can be concluded on a rainy afternoon, requiring not much more than a single A4 sheet.

35 minutes ago, madmen said:

Mother of all recessions coming. Save your 50 pound emoji386.png notes to exchange for a bowl of boiled rice

IMO now is the time to cash in all currency to thai baht or just sit there and watch it dissappear

https://finance.nine.com.au/2019/02/02/04/09/brexit-uk-european-union-theresa-may-business-finance-economy-firms

Not a bad idea.

At short notice, I see only the way down here. The British pound decreases in percent stronger, but also the euro is abated by Brexit. I doubt that it will come to an agreement here in the short term.

I think it comes here rather to an extension or postponement of the withdrawal date.

Uncertainty in every way.

Today, there are still 40.7 baht at the counter for one pound cash.

Think about one month, the thing shoots down under 40, then the way is open for the 38. So another 6-7% currency loss within a month for British expats in Thailand is not unlikely.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Rhubarb merchants will love this too ????

UK and Faroe Islands sign trade continuity agreement

With almost £200 million worth of fish and crustaceans brought into the UK from the Faroe Islands in 2017, this agreement will allow imports to continue tariff-free and enable businesses to trade as freely as they do now.

Lol

Is that supposed to be good news for Brexit?

That's ridiculous.

And more good news: Nissan shelving plans to build new X-Trail in UK, claims report — https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/02/nissan-x-trail-uk-brexit

Maybe those cars can be replaced with fish from the Faroer Islands. Anyway, happy to welcome all those businesses Brexiteers don’t want in their little England in Europe. And with all the Polish and Bulgarian workers gone, those English factory workers losing employment will find enough job opportunities waiting for them. 

Brexit. A success story. 

5 hours ago, Jack100 said:

but dont forget alcoholic skint sex tourists who have blown the lot will get treat like royalty when they return home for their liver transplants and red nose reduction treatment.????  you would think they would go to spain and clog up their hospitals if they are so anti EU,drinks a lot cheaper as well.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Mother of all recessions coming. Save your 50 pound emoji386.png notes to exchange for a bowl of boiled rice

IMO now is the time to cash in all currency to thai baht or just sit there and watch it dissappear

https://finance.nine.com.au/2019/02/02/04/09/brexit-uk-european-union-theresa-may-business-finance-economy-firms

Boring they've printed crappy articles like this everyday since the referendum and nothings happened, all they ever say is this could happen, how stupid do you have to be to keep falling for this rubbish. Here I'll make up tomorrows headline for you:

The world is definitely going to end after Brexit, a survey has revealed that 100% of all physicists agree that the world will end at some point after Brexit. The survey was conducted by Markit a company who predicted remain would win the referendum and have thus far predicted a recession will definitely start today for 635 days in a row since the referendum, but this time they're super sure they're right. A leading expert who no ones ever heard of before says Brexit made my kitten sad. There we have it folks scientific proof Brexit makes kittens sad.

Archived