BANGKOK
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

So now David Davis has said that Theresa May could delay the "meaningful vote" again if it looks like she will lose it.  Pushing it to the point of no return to try to force MPs to agree to it.  Beggars belief!    

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, billd766 said:

If I were an MP I would seriously consider what my constituents want as they are the ones who voted for you to become an MP. They too have memories and votes.

In which case they will be pressing for a second referendum, a final say on the Brexit options on the table.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I assume thats a NO then you can't provided any links to support your posts

Typical remainer doesn't provide any evidence to support their posts but always ask leavers to provide evidence to backup their posts

I think posters are tired of people asking for links and never acknowledging when they receive them ... because their bluff has been called. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Where did you see that?

Flagged up on MSN but the quote is from the Evening Standard.  You will find it on their website under politics.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

A final say on the deal  the ballot paper options would be

1) Accept the deal with the EU

2) Leave without a deal

Remain wouldn't be an option as that was on the 2016 referendum and we all know the outcome to leave or remain

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way..."

Look, having a majority agree with you in an advisory referendum was your high water mark, your zenith.

Now accept the fact that grown ups are not going to give you what you want as it would be too damaging.

Enough.

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Don't see the remainers complaining much about the 1975 EU referendum which also was advisory

The Referendum Act 1975 (c. 33) also known simply as the Referendum Act was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, which made legal provision for the holding of a non-binding referendum on whether the United Kingdom should remain a member of the European Communities (EC)—generally known at the time in the UK, ...

And?

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The 1975 referendum was held AFTER the negotiations when we knew exactly what the deal entailed.  A very long way off of the 2016 referendum when we all voted blind.  If the government had negotiated the withdrawal agreement first and people knew what they were getting then the result would have been very different!

Correct! Nothing wrong with a referendum to ratify a decision.

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The 1975 referendum was held AFTER the negotiations when we knew exactly what the deal entailed.  A very long way off of the 2016 referendum when we all voted blind.  If the government had negotiated the withdrawal agreement first and people knew what they were getting then the result would have been very different!

Likewise if the people that voted in the 1975 referendum had a crystal ball to look into the future as see all the things they were told would never happen because there was this safeguard or that safeguard I am sure the 1975 vote would be leave would have won by a landslide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

A final say on the deal  the ballot paper options would be

1) Accept the deal with the EU

2) Leave without a deal

Remain wouldn't be an option as that was on the 2016 referendum and we all know the outcome to leave or remain

Unfortunately if those were the options we'd likely end up with May's deal as remoaners would prefer a deal that benefits their unelected overlords than one that benefits their country.

• Like 2