Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Re-reading your post again, I can confirm that you wrote the “Real reason why Nissan not producing new diesel model in the UK or EU” is because “DIESEL carare set to be banned in three major European cities (...)”

You definitely did not write “certain types of diesel cars will be banned”. 

7EE160BC-6266-4DE2-8D96-E76EF57CC8BF.jpeg

Did I say I was referring to that post If you bother to open the link you would have seen the sub headline

Madrid, Paris, and Brussels now have the power to ban diesel cars from their roads.

But at least we know your original post about Nissan was a complete tissue of lies as it failed to mention drop of sales or any concerns about eu emission rules

All you doing is showing yourself to be a complete plonker I am no more responsible for writing the express headlines than you are for writing the Guardian headlines where they failed to provide the full facts

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Did I say I was referring to that post If you bother to open the link you would have seen the sub headline

Madrid, Paris, and Brussels now have the power to ban diesel cars from their roads.

But at least we know your original post about Nissan was a complete tissue of lies as it failed to mention drop of sales or any concerns about eu emission rules

All you doing is showing yourself to be a complete plonker I am no more responsible for writing the express headlines than you are for writing the Guardian headlines where they failed to provide the full facts

You wrote that the “Real reason why Nissan not producing new diesel model in the UK or EU” is because “DIESEL cars are set to be banned in three major European cities (...)”. Because you fell for the lurid headlines of your preferred riff-raff newspaper. 

Apparently now you made it from the headline to the sub-headline — congratulations, what an achievement. Look a bit further down and you might see that Diesels actually haven’t been (set to be) banned in any of those cities.

Next time before you spread the lies others tell you, do a fact check and read the whole article. 

37 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You wrote that the “Real reason why Nissan not producing new diesel model in the UK or EU” is because “DIESEL cars are set to be banned in three major European cities (...)”. Because you fell for the lurid headlines of your preferred riff-raff newspaper. 

Apparently now you made it from the headline to the sub-headline — congratulations, what an achievement. Look a bit further down and you might see that Diesels actually haven’t been (set to be) banned in any of those cities.

Next time before you spread the lies others tell you, do a fact check and read the whole artownloadicle. 

Yes, its a good idea for people to fact check , before calling other people liars .

Paris will ban petrol and deisla cars from 2030 and the whole of France will follow later .

German cities have also announced bans , as have UK cities and its expected that all deisel cars will be banned across Europe in the future 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/paris-copenhagen-oxford-ban-petrol-diesel-cars-emissions-pollution-nitrogen-dioxide-a8000596.html

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

In which case they will use a different engine!

We should be seeing more capital investment NOT less. Electric, hybrid, petrol? You think there will be no 4x4s? 

????

"In which case they will use a different engine!"

Correct, they will use a petrol engine for the X-Trail now.  And those engines are manufactured in Japan. And this is why they have decided to produce the X-Trail in Japan. 

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, its a good idea for people to fact check , before calling other people liars .

Paris will ban petrol and deisla cars from 2030 and the whole of France will follow later .

German cities have also announced bans , as have UK cities and its expected that all deisel cars will be banned across Europe in the future 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/paris-copenhagen-oxford-ban-petrol-diesel-cars-emissions-pollution-nitrogen-dioxide-a8000596.html

That wasn’t the article being discussed; in fact, your article talks about 2030 (!), that’s 11 years in future from what the article discussed here talks about.  

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

"In which case they will use a different engine!"

Correct, they will use a petrol engine for the X-Trail now.  And those engines are manufactured in Japan. And this is why they have decided to produce the X-Trail in Japan. 

Also the EU has just completed a free trade deal with a Japan to help the German auto industry. Why produce cars in Europe when you are closing your own factories if tariffs free.

Additionally their petrol engine plant is in Japan

so nothing to do with Brexit but yet another EAu gravy chain project to assist BMW and Mercedes export more cars?

On 2/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, bomber said:

dont worry many businesses will chose not to HAVE to invest in the UK,actually you will find very many,the official figures show investment is well down on pre brexit levels.your learning grasshopper,no expectations at all,as Nissan have shown,but get ready for toyota,honda,JAL (already started) ford (already started) following suit.

Well of corse Ford have already moved some of it’s manufacturing capacity out of the U.K and that was well before Brexit. Same can be said of a number of other companies. Financed by E.u grants, with OUR money. 

Nissan I must admit is different, they do not plan to move production of the X- trail to Europe, instead preferring Japan, from where they will then export to Europe. All with the help of a £60,000,000 grants from T.May in 2016. This followed the Blair governments grant in 2000 for £50,000,000

when Nissan again threatened to close the Sunderland plant.

All this shows to me,is that British politicians are not very shrewed when it comes to negotiating.

FFEA8985-2A90-4D5B-A643-9F7BF81DF0BA.jpeg

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well of corse Ford have already moved some of it’s manufacturing capacity out of the U.K and that was well before Brexit. Same can be said of a number of other companies. Financed by E.u grants, with OUR money. 

Nissan I must admit is different, they do not plan to move production of the X- trail to Europe, instead preferring Japan, from where they will then export to Europe. All with the help of a £60,000,000 grants from T.May in 2016. This followed the Blair governments grant in 2000 for £50,000,000

when Nissan again threatened to close the Sunderland plant.

All this shows to me,is that British politicians are not very shrewed when it comes to negotiating.

FFEA8985-2A90-4D5B-A643-9F7BF81DF0BA.jpeg

again you seem to refer to the EU only surviving because of "our" money,if this was the case then surely they would be grovelling for us to stay instead of not being bothered,these UK politicians are meant to be your saviour well it seems you dont have much faith in them,got help them when they go around the world securing those great trade deals that are going to make britain great again,the Nigerians will make mince meat of them,as for ford it was last week,the others are also gearing up ready to leave.

Ford_ Almost 1,000 Bridgend job losses by 2021 outlined to unions - BBC News.html

18 hours ago, wilcopops said:

the explanation is that that is rubbish.....see if you can find any reliable anywhere to back that up

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/upshot/trump-losing-college-educated-whites-he-never-won-them-in-the-first-place.html

2016 U.S Presidential Election. Exit poll.

education

clinton
trump
other/no answer
high school or less
17%
48% 49% 3%
some college
32%
41% 54% 5%
college graduate
34%
41% 53% 6%
postgraduate
17%
47% 48%

33 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Also the EU has just completed a free trade deal with a Japan to help the German auto industry. Why produce cars in Europe when you are closing your own factories if tariffs free.

Additionally their petrol engine plant is in Japan

so nothing to do with Brexit but yet another EAu gravy chain project to assist BMW and Mercedes export more cars?

it seems germany is the place to do bizzness,and all the brexit clowns said the whole world would be desperate to do deals with us???? never mind we have signed an agreement with to chile to boost its wine industry,i wonder how many UK jobs that created.  not sure but i think i heard on the radio that the deal germany signed with germany took 7 years to secure,maybe someone can correct me if iam wrong,if correct they were planning for brexit better than the UK has been,clever people them germans we could learn a lot from them,building cars was never  UK strond point,the ital, marina,cortina,allegro,metro,maestro,viva to name a few 

3 hours ago, bomber said:

it seems germany is the place to do bizzness,and all the brexit clowns said the whole world would be desperate to do deals with us???? never mind we have signed an agreement with to chile to boost its wine industry,i wonder how many UK jobs that created.  not sure but i think i heard on the radio that the deal germany signed with germany took 7 years to secure,maybe someone can correct me if iam wrong,if correct they were planning for brexit better than the UK has been,clever people them germans we could learn a lot from them,building cars was never  UK strond point,the ital, marina,cortina,allegro,metro,maestro,viva to name a few 

The UK is 13th in the world for motor vehicle production. Germany, Spain and France are the only EU states ahead of the UK in that table. 

And if Germany are signing trade deals with Germany, they really are clever...

3 hours ago, bomber said:

again you seem to refer to the EU only surviving because of "our" money,if this was the case then surely they would be grovelling for us to stay instead of not being bothered,these UK politicians are meant to be your saviour well it seems you dont have much faith in them,got help them when they go around the world securing those great trade deals that are going to make britain great again,the Nigerians will make mince meat of them,as for ford it was last week,the others are also gearing up ready to leave.

Ford_ Almost 1,000 Bridgend job losses by 2021 outlined to unions - BBC News.html

Ford are restructuring across the UK and mainland Europe. It's part of a long term project to make the company more profitable. The numbers were clarified last week, but discussions commenced over 2 years ago. Here's a breakdown for you:

• 370 jobs will be cut this year through voluntary redundancy;
  • 450 jobs will become surplus to requirements by the time the plant ceases to make engines for Jaguar Land Rover in September 2020;
  • 170 jobs will no longer be needed during the same period due to the decline in demand for the Sigma engine.

But you carry on trying to blame every piece of bad news on Brexit if it gives you a buzz. 

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ford are restructuring across the UK and mainland Europe. It's part of a long term project to make the company more profitable. The numbers were clarified last week, but discussions commenced over 2 years ago. Here's a breakdown for you:

• 370 jobs will be cut this year through voluntary redundancy;
  • 450 jobs will become surplus to requirements by the time the plant ceases to make engines for Jaguar Land Rover in September 2020;
  • 170 jobs will no longer be needed during the same period due to the decline in demand for the Sigma engine.

But you carry on trying to blame every piece of bad news on Brexit if it gives you a buzz. 

OK.

Give is some good Brexit news.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK.

Give is some good Brexit news.

Your problem is that you are stuck in the phase of discussing the pros and cons (or simply just cons as you would have it) of Brexit. Discussions of that nature is what we had intensively for about two years prior to the 2016 vote, and less intensively for a good couple of decades.

The purpose of the vote was for the country to finally, once and for all, make a definitive decision on the matter. Remain or leave. And whichever way the vote went, to then proceed forwards in that agreed upon direction. To then be asking not questions like, "what is good about Brexit?", but questions like, "how can we best maximize the opportunities that will come from Brexit?".

The continual daily questioning of whether or not the right decision has been made, on whether Brexit will be a disaster, on whether we would actually be better off just ignoring the decision, or finding a way to overturn it, not only from remainers in public like you, but remainers in the media and most critically, remainers in Parliament, of which there is a majority, is why the Brexit process has been the disaster it has been.

The thing with most things in life is, if you approach them with a negative, doubting, fearful, questioning mindset, rather than a positive, confident, unwavering, decisive one, you'll tend to find things don't usually go that well.

Remainers who have created this self-manufactured shambles, now take delight in pointing at the shambles and saying, "see, we told you so". Well, something i will tell remainers, if you do successfully derail the process to the point in which we end up not leaving, forget about a vast majority of those 17 million plus who voted to leave, ever accepting staying in the EU, or agreeing to move forward constructively as a part of the EU. Expect instead a fight on every single step, every single move and every single agreement that Britain makes as part of the EU. Every flaw and every failing of the EU, will be under the microscope like never before. You wistfully recall back to the days when it was just UKIP, Mr Farage and a few back-bench Tory MPs not dutifully going along with "the project". And you'll all end up wishing you had simply respected the 2016 vote.

5 hours ago, bomber said:

well done that man.

Well you can dream on, as the UK people will never ever take to wanting to go back to the EU, especially after Barniers stupid comment. I am unsure if you are from the UK but they have something called backbone and don't take too kindly to being bullied.

Admittedly some of our youth lack the courage and fibre and through the educational brainwashing that has taken place, have lost pride in their country. Not all but some. Some can't even decide if they are male or female, so asking them to have an identity to a country is difficult for some.

5 hours ago, bomber said:

watching a TV show now,a survey was done and 85% didnt have trust in UK politicans,yet the figure for EU politicians was only 75% ????????

Yes from 1400 plus respondents. Hardly convincing from a YouGov poll. They could have gotten that from a Student Union bar. wouldn't be claiming that a massive victory.????

36 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Your problem is that you are stuck in the phase of discussing the pros and cons (or simply just cons as you would have it) of Brexit. Discussions of that nature is what we had intensively for about two years prior to the 2016 vote, and less intensively for a good couple of decades.

The purpose of the vote was for the country to finally, once and for all, make a definitive decision on the matter. Remain or leave. And whichever way the vote went, to then proceed forwards in that agreed upon direction. To then be asking not questions like, "what is good about Brexit?", but questions like, "how can we best maximize the opportunities that will come from Brexit?".

The continual daily questioning of whether or not the right decision has been made, on whether Brexit will be a disaster, on whether we would actually be better off just ignoring the decision, or finding a way to overturn it, not only from remainers in public like you, but remainers in the media and most critically, remainers in Parliament, of which there is a majority, is why the Brexit process has been the disaster it has been.

The thing with most things in life is, if you approach them with a negative, doubting, fearful, questioning mindset, rather than a positive, confident, unwavering, decisive one, you'll tend to find things don't usually go that well.

Remainers who have created this self-manufactured shambles, now take delight in pointing at the shambles and saying, "see, we told you so". Well, something i will tell remainers, if you do successfully derail the process to the point in which we end up not leaving, forget about a vast majority of those 17 million plus who voted to leave, ever accepting staying in the EU, or agreeing to move forward constructively as a part of the EU. Expect instead a fight on every single step, every single move and every single agreement that Britain makes as part of the EU. Every flaw and every failing of the EU, will be under the microscope like never before. You wistfully recall back to the days when it was just UKIP, Mr Farage and a few back-bench Tory MPs not dutifully going along with "the project". And you'll all end up wishing you had simply respected the 2016 vote.

OK, question for you: "how can we best maximize the opportunities (if any) that will come from Brexit?".

5 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

OK, question for you: "how can we best maximize the opportunities (if any) that will come from Brexit?".

Well for me, the first thing is we need a full and proper break from the EU. Not some sort of a wishy-washy, half-in, half out affair that some are calling for. So that means out of the Single Market and out of the Custom's Union. If we don't do that, then as other's have said, we are better off staying in.

Although i appreciate you aren't British, since you are a keen follower of these matters, please feel free to answer the question yourself.

42 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well you can dream on, as the UK people will never ever take to wanting to go back to the EU, especially after Barniers stupid comment. I am unsure if you are from the UK but they have something called backbone and don't take too kindly to being bullied.

Admittedly some of our youth lack the courage and fibre and through the educational brainwashing that has taken place, have lost pride in their country. Not all but some. Some can't even decide if they are male or female, so asking them to have an identity to a country is difficult for some.

which comment by Barnier do you refer to?

6 hours ago, bomber said:

watching a TV show now,a survey was done and 85% didnt have trust in UK politicans,yet the figure for EU politicians was only 75% ????????

47 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes from 1400 plus respondents. Hardly convincing from a YouGov poll. They could have gotten that from a Student Union bar. wouldn't be claiming that a massive victory.????

Whilst I agree entirely about polls, and especially YouGov polls - this one matches my opinion ????.

I posted prior to brexit that I trusted the brit. govt. even less than I trust the eu govt, which is one of the reasons I decided not to vote.

I've been proven right insofar as the brit. govt. has proven itself to be entirely untrustworthy.......

Nonetheless, the uk and eu govts. 'playing games' to ensure a brexit in name only (whilst the eu has made no pretense to realise the problems and reform), has annoyed me enough to support a genuine brexit.

6 hours ago, aright said:

Can those Remainers who live in the UK tell us what goods and food items they will be stocking up on prior to the end of March deadline?

I’ve heard there are plenty of Facebook groups where people discuss what to stock up. I haven’t heard of groups specifically for remainers though, if that’s important for you. Do they stock up different things and it would be worth learning from them?

Archived