Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I notice you like to talk about pink unicorns and castles in the sky.

You seem to believe the EU project is a great thing, and that all EU member states have an amazing future ahead of them. Perhaps you feel the EU commission is run by good honest men who spend public money wisely, and who only have the interests of their loyal subjects at heart. Maybe you believe that all EU policies are for the good of the people and are not influenced by corporate lobbyists. And I suspect that your vision of the EU in 10 years time is one big happy family of member states, all living in harmony, all with flourishing economies. 

That's your pink unicorn, and your castle in the sky my friend. 

so who is leaving next?  when is it all going to come crashing down?  when do you expect brits to have as high a living standard as the germans.french,dutch,belgians,scandanavians etc?  when do you expect these nations to have the same amount of household debt as the british?  when do you expect the pound to get back to pre brexit levels? when do you expect UK infrastructure and transport to reach the levels of those nations or even spain and portugals?   corbyns clowns will make those Eu lot seem like santa claus 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bomber said:

read this its Germany/Japan,i heard someone say on the radio it took 7 years to do,that could be false i wouldnt know,anyway where are all these rich countries who were doing to be having orgasms at the prospect of signing trade deals with the UK

Japan and Germany agree to promote free trade, rules-based order _ The Japan Times.html

Germany and Japan working together - that worked well the last time round didn't it ????

In 2017 Theresa May secured a formal commitment from Shinzo Abe that the UK/Japan could copy/paste the EU/Japan trade deal once the UK leaves the EU.  

Abe was also keen to encourage the UK to join TPP. That news came out just 3 months ago. 

Not sure why you think countries will not want to have trade deals with the UK, and why the UK couldn't speed up the process by using existing EU deals as templates. 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

so who is leaving next?  when is it all going to come crashing down?  when do you expect brits to have as high a living standard as the germans.french,dutch,belgians,scandanavians etc?  when do you expect these nations to have the same amount of household debt as the british?  when do you expect the pound to get back to pre brexit levels? when do you expect UK infrastructure and transport to reach the levels of those nations or even spain and portugals?   corbyns clowns will make those Eu lot seem like santa claus 

You tell me.  It's remainers who have the crystal balls, apparently. 

I agree Corbyn and his clowns would be a disaster - but he'll never become PM. 

P.S. what's your gripe with the UK? Did they reject your application for a visa or something? 

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

P.S. what's your gripe with the UK? Did they reject your application for a visa or something? 

Corbyn will at the very least get a majority to form a govt,the tories have blown it over europe as always,no gripe with the UK other than its falling to pieces and far too many alcoholics,benefit scroungers,druggies,<deleted> transport network,corrupt MPs,arrogant people,too many greedy selfish people,too many fat,dirty and unclean folks,more than enough reasons to leave imo,visa application????????  dont be silly,maybe you can tell me what good points has

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

Corbyn will at the very least get a majority to form a govt,the tories have blown it over europe as always,no gripe with the UK other than its falling to pieces and far too many alcoholics,benefit scroungers,druggies,<deleted> transport network,corrupt MPs,arrogant people,too many greedy selfish people,too many fat,dirty and unclean folks,more than enough reasons to leave imo,visa application????????  dont be silly,maybe you can tell me what good points has

I suggest you ask the hundreds of thousands of people who migrate to the UK every year what good points the UK has.

The next general election is in 2022. I doubt Corbyn will be leader of the Labour Party by then. You saw his EU sceptic cover was blown today? People are slowly realising his principles have gone out of the window in pursuit of becoming PM:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/watch-jeremy-corbyn-describes-eu-as-massive-great-frankenstein-1-5879503

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

I suggest you ask the hundreds of thousands of people who migrate to the UK every year what good points the UK has.

The next general election is in 2022. I doubt Corbyn will be leader of the Labour Party by then. You saw his EU sceptic cover was blown today? People are slowly realising his principles have gone out of the window in pursuit of becoming PM:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/watch-jeremy-corbyn-describes-eu-as-massive-great-frankenstein-1-5879503

a decent jobs market it may have,but that is only one reason and i was asking what you liked about it so much not what migrants may find good,come on they are fleeing war zones for gods sake and most are coming for the crazy benefits they get here compared to the EU,Corbyn goes and they will walk it so its better he stays imo,

27 minutes ago, bomber said:

27 minutes ago, bomber said:

a decent jobs market it may have,but that is only one reason and i was asking what you liked about it so much not what migrants may find good,come on they are fleeing war zones for gods sake and most are coming for the crazy benefits they get here compared to the EU,Corbyn goes and they will walk it so its better he stays imo,

I think you are confusing ordinary migrants with refugees and asylum seekers. Most migrants to the UK are not fleeing war zones. That may be the case in Greece or Italy, but not in the UK. I work with numerous highly qualified people from all over the world who love living in the UK.  

Would you mind saying where you are from? I gather you're not British, and you must be from some amazing country. 

And before you say it's none of my business, I believe it's highly relevant on this topic, and puts comments on Brexit into context. 

The strength of the British economy is its openness, innovation, diversity and skilled workforce. This is reflected in the 40 year low unemployment and highest employment figures. How is the Eurozone doing?

Eurozone hovers on the brink of recession - but Germany pushes for more austerity 

Italy and France slid deeper into an economic slump in January as their services sectors began to crumble, pushing the eurozone uncomfortably close to its third recession in a decade.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/02/05/eurozone-hovers-brink-recession-germany-pushes-austerity/

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

If Corbyn is leader at the next election he will get in. Millions of people are so angry at Treason May's betrayal of Brexit they will never vote Tory again. With our FPTP system that alone will be enough for him to win. If you have a typical constituency where say the Tories got 20,000 votes and Labour 18,000. It only takes 2,000 Tories to stop voting and Labour win the seat.

1 hour ago, aright said:

The strength of the British economy is its openness, innovation, diversity and skilled workforce. This is reflected in the 40 year low unemployment and highest employment figures. How is the Eurozone doing?

Eurozone hovers on the brink of recession - but Germany pushes for more austerity 

Italy and France slid deeper into an economic slump in January as their services sectors began to crumble, pushing the eurozone uncomfortably close to its third recession in a decade.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/02/05/eurozone-hovers-brink-recession-germany-pushes-austerity/

Diesel and China

Well, that's the reason for most things

Nobpoint posting a logical discussion. I do note that Italy's growth rate averaged +0.2% over the last 30 years. Good job they are in the EU.

From a Brexit point of view, of Italy was not in the Euro area, they would devalue making exports to the UK more of a competitive threat.

10 hours ago, aright said:

I have no desire to live in Europe and I certainly want no part of the current EU but I don't wish the people any harm. That's the difference.

Just for clarity are you still U.K. Based? When you say Europe do you mean that literally?

I gave you a like for not wishing harm to others ????????

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

I would say "Yes" it would , reason being that trade deal negotiations are still underway and the outcome is currently unknown , if the deciding factor regarding Nissan was the UK/EU trade agreement , Nissan would have waiting a few more weeks until the deal/no deal was announced .

Its quite clear that diesel cars in Europe are a thing of the past , they will probably be completely banned in Europe within 20 or so years  , it wouldnt make sense to built a new factory to produce diesel cars and Nissan themselves will stop producing new desel model cars within a few years .

This is the beginning of the end of diesel cars in Europe and it wouldnt make sense to build a new factory to make those cars

The UK SHOULD be focusing on being the European Centre of Excellence for Electric vehicles powered by advanced batteries and hydrogen cells.

Our loyal friend Dyson could have been "incentivized" to lead the charge.

Electric JCBs?

Graphene based batteries

Electric autonomous taxis?

What's happening with our industrial strategy? What about the "white heat of technology"!? We need more Wilson and Benn and less deck chair rearranging by poor quality politicians with inadequate vision

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Germany and Japan working together - that worked well the last time round didn't it ????

About time you ceased the nonsense. We all know what happened 80 years ago. Bringing that up here makes you look silly (which I don't think you are). Thanks

In 2017 Theresa May secured a formal commitment from Shinzo Abe that the UK/Japan could copy/paste the EU/Japan trade deal once the UK leaves the EU.  

Abe was also keen to encourage the UK to join TPP. That news came out just 3 months ago. 

Not sure why you think countries will not want to have trade deals with the UK, and why the UK couldn't speed up the process by using existing EU deals as templates. 

If you read up on WTO rules it will become clear. If we have an EU deal then that is different.

Crashing out is so obviously harmful that it obviously a threat. We need an alternative deal that parliament can coalesce around. You know I favour N+ but almost anything is better than May deal. I blame Corbyn for not having any kind of competing alternative. The man is just not bright enough ????

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

We speak English, are reasonably civilised and have lax control of immigrants once they're in the country. That explains, I guess, 90%?

That excludes the thousands of knowledge based, highly skilled professionals of course. We, generally, get to work anywhere. ????

UK wants to make deals all around the world, based on deals made by the EU, who does that make sense to.

16 hours ago, aright said:

I tend to lean on the side of a decision which was a better business plan.

Had logistics and the single market been of over riding importance they could have produced their new car in Spain.

You really think it would have been a good business plan to announce production in Europe at this point in time.

When the dust settles watch out for Slovakia and an X-Trail with a European petrol engine.

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you read up on WTO rules it will become clear. If we have an EU deal then that is different.

Crashing out is so obviously harmful that it obviously a threat. We need an alternative deal that parliament can coalesce around. You know I favour N+ but almost anything is better than May deal. I blame Corbyn for not having any kind of competing alternative. The man is just not bright enough ????

The only possible reason I can see why you like the Norway model is that we don't actually leave the EU. Even the Norwegians don't like it, and it goes against everything we have voted for.

The Norwegians are rule takers, they are in the Schengen, it does not allow for an independant trade policy. Have you seen this take on it from the LSE.

Why did David Cameron decline ‘the Norway option’, and why did the Norwegian prime minister warn Britain against Brexit, saying ‘You’ll hate it’? Erik O Eriksen (University of Oslo) argues that for the UK, the so-called Norway option of EEA membership would amount to self-inflicted subservience to the EU. Norwegians have traded any say in EU rules for all-important access to the Single Market.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/11/20/youll-hate-it-why-the-norway-option-amounts-to-self-inflicted-subservience-to-the-eu/

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

The only possible reason I can see why you like the Norway model is that we don't actually leave the EU. Even the Norwegians don't like it, and it goes against everything we have voted for.

The Norwegians are rule takers, they are in the Schengen, it does not allow for an independant trade policy. Have you seen this take on it from the LSE.

Why did David Cameron decline ‘the Norway option’, and why did the Norwegian prime minister warn Britain against Brexit, saying ‘You’ll hate it’? Erik O Eriksen (University of Oslo) argues that for the UK, the so-called Norway option of EEA membership would amount to self-inflicted subservience to the EU. Norwegians have traded any say in EU rules for all-important access to the Single Market.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/11/20/youll-hate-it-why-the-norway-option-amounts-to-self-inflicted-subservience-to-the-eu/

You are right that Norway is in Schengen.

However, that was not a given, Norway fought to get into Schengen.

24 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's a compromise and literally means we leave the EU. If you want a particular version of Brexit, vote on it.

If you don't like accepting rules with no input, stay. Or negotiate a new CU deal. Everything is possible.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The UK SHOULD be focusing on being the European Centre of Excellence for Electric vehicles powered by advanced batteries and hydrogen cells.

Our loyal friend Dyson could have been "incentivized" to lead the charge.

Electric JCBs?

Graphene based batteries

Electric autonomous taxis?

Like this?

On 1/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, talahtnut said:

The subconscious desperately needs repetition for

ideas and concepts to stick. UK and EU media are

repeating 'remain' programming in bucket loads

every day. The Matrix is real.. run by the dark 

overlord billionaire gang prepared to gamble

billions on a short sell.

Reads better wearing 3-D glasses.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why?

From its birth Schengen was designed as an EEC/EU feature.

Norwegian politicians strongly felt the urge be in from the start,

in order for Norway not to lag behind re border passing, causing delays and difficulties for business etc.

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's a compromise and literally means we leave the EU. If you want a particular version of Brexit, vote on it.

If you don't like accepting rules with no input, stay. Or negotiate a new CU deal. Everything is possible.

It seems more of a capitulation than a compromise, to me anyway. There should be no versions of brexit, brexit means leaving the EU, what we end up with is anyones guess. It would be nice to get a deal that is amicable to both parties, but that does seem very difficult to imagine at this late stage. But maybe the EU wants to make us suffer and in the process themselves to boot.

Archived