BANGKOK
webfact

Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:
5 hours ago, Grouse said:

And? Parliament can do as it wishes, when it wishes.

Do you honestly believe this is a good point?

Edit - Particularly when it comes to democracy?

The UK is a representative, Parliamentary democracy in which Parliament is sovereign.

What system, dick dasterdly, would you prefer?

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If people sincerely believe that Brexit is the best future for this country, why would they boycott another referendum and so risk losing that?

What is far more likely is that many people who voted Leave last time, having seen the actual future consequences of Brexit or realised their reasons for voting Leave actually have noting to do with the EU, will change their minds and so vote to remain.

That is why ardent Brexiteers are so afraid of giving the people the, to quote @nontabury, 'Democratic' final choice; they fear losing.

Even Farage was last year in favour of another referendum; until he realised his side would probably lose!

Something of a myopic view..... unsurprsisingly.

There is likely to be a large number of remain voters, who are incensed at the UK's treatment by the EU, who would change their vote.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

There is likely to be a large number of remain voters, who are incensed at the UK's treatment by the EU, who would change their vote.

‘......the UK’s treatment by the EU’: keep putting blame on the EU. Is the EU stopping you from leaving? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, damascase said:

Is the EU stopping you from leaving? 

More like threats at the moment.

The latest being we won't let your airlines land at our airports.

The appropriate response being, we won't let your airlines use our airspace or land at our airports.

But Ms. May has no balls, and doesn't really want to leave anyway.

If I were PM, I'd already be be introducing conscription, and building tanks and guns in preparation for the inevitable.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

incensed by what treatment the EU have let us remain half in despite voting to leave,far to fair imo,i would of said get on with it and see what happens.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More like threats at the moment.

The latest being we won't let you airlines land at our airports.

do you really believe that?

15 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

Yes I’ve noticed this trend. Allthough I don’t put all the blame on the E.u Bureaucrats. T.May and her remain supporting parliament, must also take some credit for many Brixiteers now demanding a no deal exit.

• Like 2

If people sincerely believe that Brexit is the best future for this country, why would they boycott another referendum and so risk losing that?

Because you're not losing something if you aren't actually genuinely being offered it.

If politicians backtrack on their promise to carry out the will of the people from the 2016 vote, what reason would a leave voter have to think they won't backtrack again? So what's the point in voting?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

would of said get on with it and see what happens.

But the EU needs the money.

Are you incensed because, like many Brexiteers, you want to keep all the advantages of EU membership only to find that, unsurprisingly, the EU have said that we can't leave the club and expect to retain the advantages of membership?

And once again, speaking on behalf of people you so clearly do not understand nor represent. Why not just stick to speaking for those you do?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But the EU needs the money.

i doubt that very much.

1 minute ago, damascase said:

Keep dreaming.......

britman is another Brit thinking the EU and its 26 members are going to go down the toilet because the UK is leaving,talk about stupidity,i wonder how far his 40bt for his mighty pound is stretching these days 😂 not far iam sure

• Like 1