Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Of course its 7 years ago, those proposals are now in place.

Do your own research before you troll nonsense.

When you make a claim it's up to you to provide evidence to back it up. Don't try to make other people your researchers.

24 minutes ago, evadgib said:

AFAIA UK is alone & I think that goes for loss of vote after 15 years abroad too.

Why are we not pushing for EU support? Breach of human rights?

You see it's our own government 

What would Gilet Jsunes do if the French government froze their ensigns and voting rights??

You Brexiters have the wrong target. I would prefer the EU to take MORE control of this kind of thing!

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Why are we not pushing for EU support? Breach of human rights?

You see it's our own government 

What would Gilet Jsunes do if the French government froze their ensigns and voting rights??

You Brexiters have the wrong target. I would prefer the EU to take MORE control of this kind of thing!

If HMG roll over as expected re Brits living in EU they won't have a leg to stand on when challenged by the consortium again afterwards.

Interested parties should keep an eye on the pinned topic in the 'Home Country' section or join/follow the consortium on fb etc.

HTH

24 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just the view of a British Woman retired to Spain.

What happens to your Swedish pension on retirement in Thailand? Does it become frozen?

don't have any Swedish pension

have some Norwegian pensions

no - not frozen

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If HMG roll over as expected re Brits living in EU they won't have a leg to stand on when challenged by the consortium again afterwards.

Interested parties should keep an eye on the pinned topic in the 'Home Country' section or join/follow the consortium on fb etc.

HTH

Evadgib, thanks!

Youve always been at that!

What on earth turned you to a Brexiter? It doesn't suit you! Come home EV

27 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Evadgib, thanks!

Youve always been at that!

The initial answer was 'you lot' (???? ) but it has since been enhanced to include the likes of Bercow, Cooper, Grieve; any remain MPs in leave constituencies that aren't toeing the line plus Gina Miller.

EU elections: a Brexit game-changer? 
http%3A%2F%2Fim.ft-static.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2F9c21520c-48fe-11e6-b387-64ab0a67014c.img?source=email-platform&width=66&height=66 By Tony Barber 
February 5, 2019 

Frexit, Italexit and Nexit are off the menu. Public opinion surveys indicate that most people in France, Italy and the Netherlands, watching the UK’s self-torture over how to leave the EU, concluded months ago that it would be risky, even irrational, to attempt the same experiment.

Rightwing nationalists and other Eurosceptic populists such as France’s Marine Le Pen, Italy’s Matteo Salvini and Geert Wilders of the Netherlands are changing their tactics

The above is FT Brexit briefing

Sad that U.K. Is too weak to change EU from within. Just have to let the French and Italians do it. Embarrassing 

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The initial answer was 'you lot' (???? ) but it has since been enhanced to include the likes of Bercow, Cooper; Grieve, any remain MPs in leave constituencies that aren't toeing the line plus Gina Miller.

I like all those! Each to their own!

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I like all those! Each to their own!

I like some too despite disagreeing with several on this one key issue...& coming to think of it some of ours can be pillocks too.

Image result for boris zipline

Enough niceties; I'm off on the school run & afternoon exercise / dog walk.

3 hours ago, rixalex said:

No, it doesn't mean we literally leave, it means we leave in name only, as yourself have admitted, and it is a complete waste of time as it puts us in a worse situation than staying in.

If you really cared about the future of Britain, and not just yourself, you would be arguing against this worst of all worlds option, and arguing either for either a complete break from the EU, in which the possible opportunities from Brexit can be realised, or arguing in favour of somehow overturning the 2016 vote and staying in, as anti-democratic as that position is.

The "compromise" position you are arguing for is nothing more than a shameless attempt to be able to disingenuously say you are respecting the wishes of those who voted leave, whilst still retaining those precious reciprocal rights that make your plan of retiring in the EU that much simpler.

I wager that almost any deal that maintains reciprocal rights would get your approval. Prove me wrong and show how willing you are to compromise, by declaring you would support a deal that didn't.

Just trying to keep the children quiet while the grown ups take care of their future.

Even Farage suggested N or CH.

You want everything. I do hope you get nothing ????

35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do not listen to him EV, he is playing at being a Greek Siren and trying to lure you to your doom, he tried it it with me once, I told him to bog off.

12 hours ago, bomber said:

read this its Germany/Japan,i heard someone say on the radio it took 7 years to do,that could be false i wouldnt know,anyway where are all these rich countries who were doing to be having orgasms at the prospect of signing trade deals with the UK

Japan and Germany agree to promote free trade, rules-based order _ The Japan Times.html

Germany & Japan forming an alliance ?, hhhhmmmm , that didnt end too well last time they tried that

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do not listen to him EV, he is playing at being a Greek Siren and trying to lure you to your doom, he tried it it with me once, I told him to bog off.

Don't have the legs to be a siren! Have to be a big horn.

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just trying to keep the children quiet while the grown ups take care of their future.

Even Farage suggested N or CH.

You want everything. I do hope you get nothing ????

1) Oh dear... so, still doing your patronizing arrogance thing.

2) Quoting Farage now? His opinion means something to you? Try for some consistency.

3) No, i just want politicians to deliver on what they promise. Some day you'll want that too.

4) I'll take that as a "no" to you compromising on reciprocal rights then?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Just the view of a British Woman retired to Spain.

What happens to your Swedish pension on retirement in Thailand? Does it become frozen?

don't have any Swedish pension

have some Norwegian pensions

not, not frozen

Just now, sanemax said:

That was the attitude in the 1930's as well 

Yes, because now, as then, Japan and Germany were rising powers with powerful and aggressive militaries. It's clear that Japan is on the verge of occupying China and Germany is looking to acquire some serious quantity of Russian real estate.

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Germany & Japan forming an alliance ?, hhhhmmmm , that didnt end too well last time they tried that

The two masters of effiecency and industry and building cars.it should end very well.the UK can always team up with nigera or chile or iran to challenge them producing what i have no idea.maybe you can tell me

45 minutes ago, bomber said:

The two masters of effiecency and industry and building cars.it should end very well.the UK can always team up with nigera or chile or iran to challenge them producing what i have no idea.maybe you can tell me

Yep TQM

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Just for clarity are you still U.K. Based? When you say Europe do you mean that literally?

I gave you a like for not wishing harm to others ????????

Yes I live and work in the UK and have no desire to change that situation. That's not to say I dislike Europe; last year  27% of my business was done there and I visit regularly for business and pleasure. I spent last Christmas and New Year in Belgium and France which was all pleasure.

In the next post you mention our loyal friend Dyson. Because of my business I move in engineering circles and the word on the street is he moved to Singapore not only to get him close to his prime markets but because he also felt TM's heart was not in getting us out of the EU, and the UK would continue to be dominated by rules and regulations determined by the Franco-German alliance. His EU concerns extended to his perceived slow moving driverless and electric car technology which would have likely produced the same bag-less cyclone treatment he got from the Germans when they tied him up with a 5 year pointless case in the Euro courts. Let's not forget the effect the Germans had on his European business spuriously protecting their own manufacturers. 

The majority of my contacts in the UK have already made plans to concentrate on global markets with less focus on the EU, as have I, and in my case I have supply agreements with all my major customers prior to and post Brexit.

I was recently reminded by a close associate, there are 7 billion consumers in the world and an EU without the UK only contains 440 million. 

As for wishing harm to others, if push came to shove I could possibly think of a few. ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/feb/06/brexit-latest-news-developments-pmqs-theresa-may-faces-further-backlash-after-backstop-comments-in-belfast-speech-politics-live

“An engineering employer said to me yesterday, ‘Actually D-Day is much closer for us — it’s the middle to the end of February if you are shipping to the Far East.’ The reason for that is if you are sending a consignment of goods to Japan or South Korea, it’s going to take six weeks for it to arrive. Both countries have free-trade agreements with the EU, which will fall if we have no deal. So you don’t know whether the goods that you’ve had to embark on the ocean, when they arrive there will be admitted and if so what tariffs are going to be paid.”

???? 

Archived