Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Are you just making all this up ?

Are you privy to the negotiations and are you aware of how they are progressing ?

Trade talks usual involve industry and public consultation. You know if they are happening.

And they are not. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Exactly.  And the more they do this the weaker we look. Remain MPs have crippled our country's negotiating position. 

Although I detest the way Tusk and his cronies behave, I do wish the UK team would respond in kind now, and tell them where to stick their backstop. 

No, you have a crippled negotiation position because you are out on your own. 400+ million versus 70milion people markets suggest lopsided positions of strength.

Hard lessons british trade negotiatiors are going to learn over and over again.

14 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1. You can hardly argue with Tusk’s message itself.

2. Whether the tone is acceptable depends. But then I thought Brits have British humor. Are we losing our nerves already maybe?

3. Either way still way more classy than the crude insults of Farage and his friends. 

it hasnt gone down well with brexit fans but to be fair its the first really nasty remark from the EU and its took 2.5 years,farage and co were at it even before the vote,

16 minutes ago, samran said:

No, you have a crippled negotiation position because you are out on your own. 400+ million versus 70milion people markets suggest lopsided positions of strength.

these folks dont understand that,they think great generous deals will be a piece of cake,but other nations will be wanting to flood the UK with tariff free rubbish

1 hour ago, bomber said:

it hasnt gone down well with brexit fans but to be fair its the first really nasty remark from the EU and its took 2.5 years,farage and co were at it even before the vote,

The EU commission and negotiators have made plenty of insulting comments since the UK voted to leave. I gather you've only recently started following these events, otherwise you'd know this. 

1 hour ago, samran said:

It's not about 400m versus 70m.  It's about an EU Commission having a single unified goal, i.e. giving the UK the worst deal possible, and the UK having a parliament being stuffed full of remain MPs who think by stifling the government's negotiating position they will get Brexit cancelled. The EU have it easy.

I know there are far to many analogies being bandied around, but here's one more. It's like Liverpool trying to beat Man Utd while having 7 Man Utd players in their own team! 

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

Crisis coming now

Time for Corbyn to force delay initially.

I don't blame Tusk. UK are just time wasters. No plan, no ideas. Embarrassing 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/feb/06/brexit-latest-news-developments-pmqs-theresa-may-faces-further-backlash-after-backstop-comments-in-belfast-speech-politics-live

dunno about crisis

too bad, I cannot open this Tusk video link on my computer, smth goes totally wrong

as to time wasters,

it has just taken way way too long before the UK government finally understands what

Brexit negotiations are about - that is embarrassing indeed

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1. You can hardly argue with Tusk’s message itself.

2. Whether the tone is acceptable depends. But then I thought Brits have British humor. Are we losing our nerves already maybe?

3. Either way still way more classy than the crude insults of Farage and his friends. 

"Special place in hell" - classy - right! About as classy as a hemorrhoid with a tiara.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's not about 400m versus 70m.  It's about an EU Commission having a single unified goal, i.e. giving the UK the worst deal possible, and the UK having a parliament being stuffed full of remain MPs who think by stifling the government's negotiating position they will get Brexit cancelled. The EU have it easy.

I know there are far to many analogies being bandied around, but here's one more. It's like Liverpool trying to beat Man Utd while having 7 Man Utd players in their own team! 

for the 100th time the EU dont have to give the UK any deal

35 minutes ago, bomber said:

Brexit means leaving Europe,  We dont want a deal either .

Leave means LEAVE , completely leave .

You will just have to go and retire by a UK seaside , Cornwall is very nice

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

nope its the EU for me,i will benefit from its demise you and your pals have been predicting,i reckon €2.00 for £1.00 soon after brexit,dont you agree

1 minute ago, bomber said:

nope its the EU for me,i will benefit from its demise you and your pals have been predicting,i reckon €2.00 for £1.00 soon after brexit,dont you agree

As you seem to be very knowledgeable about the situation and you seem to know about the negotiations and the outcome , as you seem much more informed about it than I do, I will have to agree with you .

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As you seem to be very knowledgeable about the situation and you seem to know about the negotiations and the outcome , as you seem much more informed about it than I do, I will have to agree with you .

i base that ex rate on the predictions of farage and the vast majority of his fellow believers,if it fails as he says the euro goes down with it,wouldnt you agree 

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

They haven't signed any deal. They have agreed that they both want global cooperation essentially. It was a discussion. They were never going to call it a FTA because it is nothing like an FTA! 

Omg.

Do you live in the past?

Since 7 years, the EU and Japan have been working on the joint trade agreement.

Everything is signed and sealed.

Since February 2019, the agreement is active and is implemented. All EU members participate. Maybe the UK only until the end of March 2019.

If you are not too lazy, read and use the Links in that page:

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreement/

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Mr Tusk doesn't have to lecture us on not having a plan either.

As a matter of interest where is the EU's plan on the problems caused by the Euro, the crisis in those countries where tens of thousands of migrants have been allowed access to the EU without any sort of plan on what to do with them, the plan to overcome voters dissatisfaction as evidenced by recent election results and street protests. etc

Pot, kettle, black! 

8 minutes ago, aright said:

As a matter of interest where is the EU's plan on the problems caused by the Euro, the crisis in those countries where tens of thousands of migrants have been allowed access to the EU without any sort of plan on what to do with them, the plan to overcome voters dissatisfaction as evidenced by recent election results and street protests. etc

Pot, kettle, black! 

You are right.

Mistakes of the past.

Maybe the Brexit is a mistake of the present?

To have no plan is Never Good.

10 minutes ago, aright said:

Pot, kettle, black! 

they cannot stop them crossing the med,we cannot stop them crossing the channel,oceans cannot to moved iam afraid,never forget their goal is usually the UK for the insane benefits we give them because we want to,the french give them cardboard boxes we give them warm clean houses and a load of other goodies,now thats worth risking their lives for,26 others to choose from but they want OUR benefits because WE choose to give them,NOT THE EU

1 minute ago, bomber said:

they cannot stop them crossing the med,we cannot stop them crossing the channel,oceans cannot to moved iam afraid,never forget their goal is usually the EU for the insane benefits we give them because we want to,the french give them cardboard boxes we give them warm clean houses and a load of other goodies,now thats worth risking their lives for,26 others to choose from but they want OUR benefits because WE choose to give them,NOT THE EU

I'm not looking for excuses. Have you forgotten the question? What plans have the EU put in place to deal with these issues. If you can't give a direct answer to the question don't bother replying.  

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

penzance - very good - beats LoS

6 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

penzance - very good - beats LoS

Really

Beats LoS?

Did not know that so many slim women with long black hair, filigree bone structure and long legs walking around in Cornwall.

After Brexit can I ask for asylum in Cornwall?

11 minutes ago, aright said:

I'm not looking for excuses. Have you forgotten the question? What plans have the EU put in place to deal with these issues. If you can't give a direct answer to the question don't bother replying.  

APART FROM INVADING NORTH AFRICA AND BUILDING A TRUMP WALL THERE IS LITTLE THEY CAN DO TO STOP PEOPLE JUMPING ON RAFTS ON MAKING IT TO EUROPE,SAME SAME UNLESS THE UK INVADED FRANCE AND BUILT A FARAGE WALL,DONT FORGET THESE PEOPLE ARE SETTING SAIL FROM A FAILED STATE WHICH THE UK PLAYED A HUGE PART IN CREATING,CHECK THE NUMBERS COMING FROM MOROCCO BARELY ANY MAKE IT,TUSK DID TELL THEM NOT TO COME ONE OF HIS BLUNT MESSAGES,HE SHOULD BE TELLING OUR GOVT TO STOP LAVISHING THEM WITH GOODIES AND MORE WOULD STOP

12 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Really

Beats LoS?

Did not know that so many slim women with long black hair, filigree bone structure and long legs walking around in Cornwall.

Yes, really.

If you are in awe over ladies in LoS - you have a problem, they don't have much to offer in my view.

Yes, after Brexit you can move to Penzance. You can also move there before Brexit.

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Really

Beats LoS?

Bring plenty of money as everything will be cheaper than  LOS when the pound takes another beating,the girls wont be slim though they will be fat and smelly and there will be thai men in the que before you as even the they will cumming to take advantage of the cheap prices,the brexit lads will be jealous while you are enjoying the girls,maybe you can buy them a few ping pong balls.

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

APART FROM INVADING NORTH AFRICA AND BUILDING A TRUMP WALL THERE IS LITTLE THEY CAN DO TO STOP PEOPLE JUMPING ON RAFTS ON MAKING IT TO EUROPE,SAME SAME UNLESS THE UK INVADED FRANCE AND BUILT A FARAGE WALL,DONT FORGET THESE PEOPLE ARE SETTING SAIL FROM A FAILED STATE WHICH THE UK PLAYED A HUGE PART IN CREATING,CHECK THE NUMBERS COMING FROM MOROCCO BARELY ANY MAKE IT,TUSK DID TELL THEM NOT TO COME ONE OF HIS BLUNT MESSAGES,HE SHOULD BE TELLING OUR GOVT TO STOP LAVISHING THEM WITH GOODIES AND MORE WOULD STOP

Once again you are giving me reasons and excuses for just one issue... immigration. I am not asking what plans the Eu are putting in place to stop immigration.

The question is for the second time What plans have the EU put in place to solve these issues which are currently inside the EU? The Euro, immigration and voter dissatisfaction?

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Yes, really.

If you are in awe over ladies in LoS - you have a problem, they don't have much to offer in my view.

Yes, after Brexit you can move to Penzance. You can also move there before Brexit.

Good Information.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Omg.

Do you live in the past?

Since 7 years, the EU and Japan have been working on the joint trade agreement.

Everything is signed and sealed.

Since February 2019, the agreement is active and is implemented. All EU members participate. Maybe the UK only until the end of March 2019.

If you are not too lazy, read and use the Links in that page:

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreement/

If you had bothered to read the conversation, Bomber was telling us that Germany have agreed a trade deal with Japan.    

5 minutes ago, aright said:

Once again you are giving me reasons and excuses for just one issue... immigration. I am not asking what plans the Eu are putting in place to stop immigration.

The question is for the second time What plans have the EU put in place to solve these issues which are currently inside the EU? The Euro, immigration and voter dissatisfaction?

i dont have any issue's with the EU...ive stated they cannot stop them coming that is down to the individual who is prepared to risk it,they CANNOT move the med,they are not Moses,the euro i dont get what your mean,the euro is a very strong currency and i dont hear anybody moaning about it,voter dissatisfaction ????  i would need to ask 400 million individuals about that.

Archived