Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

2 hours ago, bomber said:

for the 100th time the EU dont have to give the UK any deal

And you don't think the EU want a deal? Have you seen Merkel's comments lately? Did you know the Irish PM has asked the EU to prepare to bail Ireland out with an emergency fund if there is no deal? 

They don't have to give the UK a deal, but it's in everybody's interests for them to help us reach a deal by showing some flexibility. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CG1 Blue said:

If you had bothered to read the conversation, Bomber was telling us that Germany have agreed a trade deal with Japan.    

Ok.

Ok let's summarize this peacefully. All EU members have negotiated a specific trade agreement with Japan. Included Germany and the UK (as long as they are still EU members).

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

And you don't think the EU want a deal? Have you seen Merkel's comments lately? Did you know the Irish PM has asked the EU to prepare to bail Ireland out with an emergency fund if there is no deal? 

They don't have to give the UK a deal, but it's in everybody's interests for them to help us reach a deal by showing some flexibility. 

???????????? bail out my backside,have you been drinking

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Ok.

Ok let's summarize this peacefully. All EU members have negotiated a specific trade agreement with Japan. Included Germany and the UK (as long as they are still EU members).

Correct, the EU have a trade deal with Japan. Bomber was telling us that Germany also have a deal with Japan (because Germany and Japan discussed trade cooperation recently). Hopefully he understands the difference now. 

6 minutes ago, bomber said:
10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

???????????? bail out my backside,have you been drinking

You really should read more before you comment my friend...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/05/ireland-and-eu-discuss-emergency-funds-to-offset-no-deal-brexit

"Ireland is in talks with the EU over a substantial Brexit emergency fund to offset the damage caused to the country’s €4.5bn (£3.96bn) food exports to Britain if the UK crashes out of the bloc with no deal next month." 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/05/ireland-and-eu-discuss-emergency-funds-to-offset-no-deal-brexit

"Ireland is in talks with the EU over a substantial Brexit emergency fund to offset the damage caused to the country’s €4.5bn (£3.96bn) food exports to Britain if the UK crashes out of the bloc with no deal next month." 

thats what leave voters would call project fear,i could post 100s of them.

4 minutes ago, bomber said:
8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

thats what leave voters would call project fear,i could post 100s of them.

So the Guardian have switched to supporting Brexit now? Righto...

35 minutes ago, bomber said:

i dont have any issue's with the EU...ive stated they cannot stop them coming that is down to the individual who is prepared to risk it,they CANNOT move the med,they are not Moses,the euro i dont get what your mean,the euro is a very strong currency and i dont hear anybody moaning about it,voter dissatisfaction ????  i would need to ask 400 million individuals about that.

The questions were straightforward. Your answers show a lack of comprehension and analysis. Pure point scoring fudge and muddle. You seem more comfortable answering questions which weren't asked. 

10 minutes ago, aright said:

The questions were straightforward. Your answers show a lack of comprehension and analysis. Pure point scoring fudge and muddle. You seem more comfortable answering questions which weren't asked. 

all 26 nations have govts and who want to be in the EU,there has been a rise of maybe 10-15% for the far right parties in some countries,no big deal,i dont see what point your trying to prove,  i will ask you the same question then,what has the UK govt gone about all the immigrants in the EU bearing in mind we are still in the EU and will always be in europe even if out of the Eu

9 minutes ago, aright said:

Come on be fair the Euro is strong for Germany.

your obsessed with Germany as are many others,please explain why you think this as ive never understood it,my partner is paid in euro's and has no complaints,the Mark was always the strong and iam amazed germany didnt want to keep it,so please explain

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

all 26 nations have govts and who want to be in the EU,there has been a rise of maybe 10-15% for the far right parties in some countries,no big deal,i dont see what point your trying to prove,  i will ask you the same question then,what has the UK govt gone about all the immigrants in the EU bearing in mind we are still in the EU and will always be in europe even if out of the Eu

Apart from being more comfortable answering questions which weren't asked you also feel more comfortable answering questions with questions. Were  you the member who said they had an MSc in Engineering? 

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, you do that. Then you can enlighten us all. 

she's only an analyst not the editor, she is portuguese but got her UK passport last week,just in time ???????????? i wouldnt of bothered its not worth the paper its written on

It's amazing to think just a few years ago (2010) the UK lent Ireland £3.2billion as part of a bailout to stop the Irish banking system from collapsing. Ok, so it was also in the interests of the UK to rescue Ireland, but still it's a bit of a kick in the teeth listening to Leo Varadkar doing his best to screw the UK. 

Now he's asking the EU to have an emergency fund ready to bail them out again due to the huge hit Ireland would take in a no-deal scenario. 

Here's an idea for Mr Varadkar. He and the EU have admitted a hard border will not be installed in a no-deal. So stop using this hard border BS as a stick, and tell the EU to amend the backstop! The deal would get through Parliament, and Ireland would not need a bailout. 

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

your obsessed with Germany as are many others,please explain why you think this as ive never understood it,my partner is paid in euro's and has no complaints,the Mark was always the strong and iam amazed germany didnt want to keep it,so please explain

Maybe we could buy the Mark off of Germany, and then we'd have a strong currency. I'm sure they've kept plenty of Marks stashed away somewhere for a rainy day.  What do you think? 

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Maybe we could buy the Mark off of Germany, and then we'd have a strong currency. I'm sure they've kept plenty of Marks stashed away somewhere for a rainy day.  What do you think? 

When you have a partner who gets paid in Euros with no complaints that's a really strong endorsement for the currency.

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

not sure they would accept pounds even for a defunct currency,venezuela might accept the them

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's amazing to think just a few years ago (2010) the UK lent Ireland £3.2billion as part of a bailout to stop the Irish banking system from collapsing. Ok, so it was also in the interests of the UK to rescue Ireland, but still it's a bit of a kick in the teeth listening to Leo Varadkar doing his best to screw the UK. 

Now he's asking the EU to have an emergency fund ready to bail them out again due to the huge hit Ireland would take in a no-deal scenario. 

Here's an idea for Mr Varadkar. He and the EU have admitted a hard border will not be installed in a no-deal. So stop using this hard border BS as a stick, and tell the EU to amend the backstop! The deal would get through Parliament, and Ireland would not need a bailout. 

£3.2 billion the UK didnt have and still doesnt,

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2019 Counter __ nationaldebtclock.co.uk.html

8 minutes ago, aright said:

When you have a partner who gets paid in Euros with no complaints that's a really strong endorsement for the currency.

still waiting for you to explain how the euro only benefits germany,please explain 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:
16 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

£3.2 billion the UK didnt have and still doesnt,

Ok, the Irish times must be making it up then. The rascals. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-pays-more-than-400m-in-interest-on-uk-bailout-loan-1.3053791

UK lent Ireland £3.2bn as part of bailout in 2010 with final repayment due in March 2021

24 minutes ago, aright said:

she finds the UK good value for money thanks to the strong euro, the guys in thailand are at a 20 year low with their beloved pound,never mind whats £15k-20K over 2.5 years to a uk pensioner ???????????? 

Archived