Boy, 8, gets skewered by pork ball stick after motorcycle accident in Nan

webfact

Boy, 8, gets skewered by pork ball stick after motorcycle accident in Nan

3pm.jpg

Pictures: Sanook

An eight year old boy on his way home from school on his granddad's motorcycle was hungry and asked to stop for a pork ball on a stick roadside snack. 

Granddad stopped and as they drove off Thanawat, 8, tucked into his delicious treat. 

Unfortunately at the next intersection granddad Phon, 64, was involved in a collision with another 64 year old and the boy fell off.

He was skewered by the stick in the process. It went under his tongue. 

Rescue gave first aid at the scene before the boy was taken to Nan hospital. 

3pm1.jpg

Yesterday deputy hospital director Dr Pongthep Wongwatcharaphaiboon went to check up on his condition.

Despite a bit of fever he was recovering well.

But grannie Fongjan has told the P1 boy - no more eating on the back of the bike. If you are hungry get granddad to take you to a sit down meal. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-29

No one is interested in the concept of safety here. I see it all the time - the sort of things I was taught to 'be careful about' as a kid is of no interest here.

I get told I'm too serious and worry about things that are seen here as of no consequence. Until there's an accident of course.

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

No one is interested in the concept of safety here. I see it all the time - the sort of things I was taught to 'be careful about' as a kid is of no interest here.

I get told I'm too serious and worry about things that are seen here as of no consequence. Until there's an accident of course.

And then it's put down to fate, not stupidity. Fate absolves Thais from all responsibility about anything.

To all the statistics people out there: what are the odds of two 64 year old men getting into an accident on motorbikes with a young boy on back who just happens to have a pork skewer in his mouth at the time?

In Thailand I figure about 1:3

????

43 minutes ago, Cereal said:

To all the statistics people out there: what are the odds of two 64 year old men getting into an accident on motorbikes with a young boy on back who just happens to have a pork skewer in his mouth at the time?

????

43 minutes ago, Cereal said:

????

That's got me skew-whiff???? !

Archived