Looking for an interesting place to stay in the Udon, Khon Kaen, Nong Khai area.

Nip

I've been living in Thailand over 18 years and stayed in the above named cities umpteen times and will be visiting Udon early in the new year. Staying for 3 to 4 weeks. I've stayed in assorted hotels, mansions and resorts that have been ok but I'm just wondering is there some oddity or gem of a place I've not heard about and is worth trying? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance. 

I have not stayed there but a friend has high praise for 'The Brown House' in Udon. I prefer to be more central.

The oddest place I have stayed was a long time ago and was a couple of kilometres outside of the bypass:  https://www.udon-thaihouse.com/kopie-von-home

I would suggest that you read the reviews on agoda.com to choose somewhere that suits your needs.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, SunsetT said:

I have not stayed there but a friend has high praise for 'The Brown House' in Udon. I prefer to be more central.

The oddest place I have stayed was a long time ago and was a couple of kilometres outside of the bypass:  https://www.udon-thaihouse.com/kopie-von-home

I would suggest that you read the reviews on agoda.com to choose somewhere that suits your needs.

Thanks indeed for taking the time to reply. I will certainly take your advice. Thank you.

Top Manion  top end of Soi Sampan  , offers good accomodation  at a very reaonable price.

ideal for stress out ,    Brick House , lower down the Soi , offers  the best breky in udon .i should know .75kg

OH,  lets not forget the choice of pleasant ladies available @ [FUN BAR]  etc ,  to relieve the frustrated  udon expats .

Wifey in the village ,??  again ,555

On 12/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, kwilco said:

For eating at Udon visit Keeta Kawee... great food and brilliant music.

Just off the ring road by Tesco Lotus

which Tesco Lotus ,  would  that be ? 

11 hours ago, elliss said:

Top Manion  top end of Soi Sampan  , offers good accomodation  at a very reaonable price.

ideal for stress out ,    Brick House , lower down the Soi , offers  the best breky in udon .i should know .75kg

OH,  lets not forget the choice of pleasant ladies available @ [FUN BAR]  etc ,  to relieve the frustrated  udon expats .

Wifey in the village ,??  again ,555

Myself and the war office have a few weeks to kill and I've done the hotels and mansions in Udon and dont want to hang in the city. Prefer or am looking for something different ... Maybe there isnt anything but worth a try. Im not that old but to be honest after 15 years + living here I enjoy a beer but the girlies do my head in now. 555 ... Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate them.

Archived