Wanna get 2,500 baht? Report a motorcyclist today!

webfact

8 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

I've never seen an RTP job description document. Even if I had, it would have been in Thai, which I cannot read. So I went looking and found this:

AseanPol - Royal Thai Police [link] (apparently a Malaysian document)

"The primary responsibility for the maintenance of public order through enforcement of the Kingdom’s law is exercised by the Royal Thai Police  (RTP), under control of Office of the Prime Minister. "

It's the ASEAN's view, apparently.

I'll take a wild guess there's not a law that says they can accept pictures from non verifiable sources and prosecute based on same pictures.

Just think photoshop used on the picture of one actual offender and next time you're in a car at the front of a line of cars with the motorbikes all lined up in front of you, snap a picture of that collection of numberplate's and there's enough income to keep you in $'s for months. 

54 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

I once walked out onto the pavement from my local dining spot, enjoying my deep fried Mars Bar and nearly hit a guy sprinting along past me, I'd swear he was running faster than most cyclists. Turns out it was just 5 minutes to closing time at the pub. Heck I reckon all exercising especially jogging and speedwalking should be banned from pavements. 

Round about the same time, I saw a cyclist come round a corner at speed and just missed a woman and her two kids.

What has that got to do with speed walking and jogging, doing that you can stop right away, riding a bike, no chance.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, fruitman said:

Why not give the policemen some real glasses if they can't see this happening?

I also see motocy taxi's driving against traffic every 30 seconds....

What a joke this is.....

Why is it a joke??? 

It is a good idea because all people should know police not working and I am sure some people will take this opportunity to get some money 

22 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

What a heap of crap footpaths are for pedestrians why build them? for motorcycles and food vendors ?

In the DPRK (aka North Korea), footpaths (aka sidewalks or pavements) are for pedestrians and cyclists, since the people are too poor for even motorcycles and there are few food vendors because there is very little food (or so I have seen on the videos I've seen). I believe obesity is not a big problem there.

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

In the DPRK (aka North Korea), footpaths (aka sidewalks or pavements) are for pedestrians and cyclists, since the people are too poor for even motorcycles and there are few food vendors because there is very little food (or so I have seen on the videos I've seen). I believe obesity is not a big problem there.

Yes but we talking about Thailand here 

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why is it a joke??? 

It is a good idea because all people should know police not working and I am sure some people will take this opportunity to get some money 

It's a joke because the police sure can spot the drivers on the sidewalks but they're too lazy to report/fine them....

On 11/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Deli said:

It's not a crime, it's just outta desperation, as roads are too small and packed.

i don't mind, as long as they don't hit people, let them do.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:28 PM, White Christmas13 said:

What a heap of crap footpaths are for pedestrians why build them? for motorcycles and food vendors ?

3 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes but we talking about Thailand here 

Really? [/sarc] I thought a (only slight exaggerated) contrast of the use sidewalks/pavements between a police state such as the DPRK and a quasi-anarchy such as Thailand might be interesting.

So let's look at what sidewalks/pavements are really used for in Thailand besides just "for pedestrians" (as you put it).

1  - Cyclists' shopping and traveling

2  - Food and other general merchandise vendors including sex aids and toys

3  - Thai Post and other delivery motorbikes

4  - Lottery sales cyclists and vendors

5  - Something for Tuk-Tuk operators to block access to and sometimes park on.

6  - Prostitution and other businesses points of sale

7  - Motorbike general use and motorbike taxi passenger drop off

8  - Operating, parking and performing maintenance on all manner of vehicles

9  - Soliciting beer bar (and other) customers

10 - Motorbike taxi stands

I could go on. I'm sure most of the Bangkok residents have seen the above uses and a lot more besides. Note: There has been an attempt to "clean up" or at least to push some of the uses from main sois, such Sukhumvit, to smaller, side sois in recent years by the BMA but...

10 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Round about the same time, I saw a cyclist come round a corner at speed and just missed a woman and her two kids.

What has that got to do with speed walking and jogging, doing that you can stop right away, riding a bike, no chance.

And..... my deep fried Mars bar ends up on the ground, there's the healthy diet right out the window

They should implement a reward system for turning in all traffic violators Nationwide. 

There should be a app and a website where you can submit your dashcam/GoPro footage of violations and your bank account and then there should be a huge team of people verifying and sending out the fines and rewards. 

The verification process would pay for itself. There would be billions in fines every day. 

Unpaid fines means no insurance and/or impounding of vehicle.

Lets go.

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

It's a joke because the police sure can spot the drivers on the sidewalks but they're too lazy to report/fine them....

Yeah, and nobody is holding the police accountable. 

In my opinion I think the traffic police is responsible for a large portion of the 22000 dead and 1 million injured every year.

It could be argued in court that their failure to do their duty is in fact treason which is punishable by death in Thailand.

I doubt you''ll ever see the police bust a motorcycle taxi driver driving on the pavement in his precinct. The team of motorcyclists have to pay for their jackets and the right to drive in that precinct and guess who may be the recipients of those funds?

On 12/1/2018 at 7:32 AM, BEngBKK said:

Buffalo's are know to be aggressive so be careful.

I can understand that they want the public to do their job...
This is a country, where it is okay to kill police officers (If you own a porsche).

I thought it had to be a Ferrari.

Archived