British man arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly overstaying visa, abusing 'ice'

webfact

British man arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly overstaying visa, abusing 'ice'

By The Nation 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxOC83NTkyODcwL25ld3MwNC5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A British tourist was arrested in Chiang Mai's Kamphaeng district on Wednesday night for allegedly abusing crystal meth and overstaying his visa.

Police arrested Benjamin John Soulsby, 31, at his rented house in a housing estate in Tambon Tonpao following a tip from the house owner that his tenant appeared to be high on drugs.

Police found 0.95 grams of crystal meth in the house and a device for using the drug. Police suspected he flushed some drug down the toilet when they arrived.

Pol Col Pallop Siriyakul-na-Ayutthaya, deputy commander of the Immigration Police Division 5, said Soulsby entered Thailand on September last year and his visa expired on October 8, last year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359501

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-29

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my villid burn it on silver foil,I think it's called chase the dragon.most nights the villid looks like loy kratong.myself I like it in the morning on me corn flakes.what an unhealthy life this man must of had.hiding out in a room on the run from immo and sending himself paranoid.its probably the best thing that could of happened to him.

24 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Most of my villid burn it on silver foil,I think it's called chase the dragon.most nights the villid looks like loy kratong.myself I like it in the morning on me corn flakes.what an unhealthy life this man must of had.hiding out in a room on the run from immo and sending himself paranoid.its probably the best thing that could of happened to him.

I agree, this guy was wired and the only way it was going to end was badly. Hopefully he leaves this nightmare in S.E. Asia (when he's done paying his dues here) when he returns to the U.K. The eventual deportation could be a life saver if he takes advantage of this wake up call, though I'm sure he's not viewing these events positively presently.

3 hours ago, yussiesamui said:

He was abusing ice, what would be the correct way to use it?

These things do have medical uses, when it was invented it was a treatment for narcolepsy & asthma. In WWII it was then used to keep soldiers awake. 

Abuse is any abnormal use, i.e. for recreation.

53 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Most of my villid burn it on silver foil,I think it's called chase the dragon.

Chasing the Dragon is heroin. When I was in high school (1970s) it was very popular among teen girls (in the toilets).

As the smoke rolls across the foil, it looks like a dragon (allegedly).

21 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

How they know he flushed so stuff?

They don't, just face saving. They were hoping to find a large amount of drugs that they could display on a table for the photo opp. In this case, they'd have to rustle up a microscope for the press people.

1 hour ago, jspill said:

These things do have medical uses, when it was invented it was a treatment for narcolepsy & asthma. In WWII it was then used to keep soldiers awake. 

and there you have our mindset......abnormal is recreational .......normal is for making people better killing machines.........pmsl

In my home country, Austalia, its the yearly "schoolies celebration" where 1,000's of school leavers either go to the Gold Coast or Bali.They drink less alcohol than they used to as drugs are far cheaper and faster acting.Dozens have been admitted to hospitals some may have died.TV Coverage shows so many off their face.

Saddens me but the pushers are coming up with new varieties all the time and only the mules seem to get caught.

This guy should obviously be working. Hope he gets home and gets professional help 

2 hours ago, jspill said:

So, by your definition, having a social drink with family is alcohol abuse.

Epidemiologists define the term drug use as being experimentation or irregular use and define drug abuse as being regular and/or compulsive use.

Archived