British man arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly overstaying visa, abusing 'ice'

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Perhaps he was smoking it (if that's what you do with this drug) with one of those illegal vapor thingies.

Ice /methamphetamine is smoked in a small glass pipe. It is similar to smoking crack. 

The police would have found his pipe and it would have contained residue. Even if he flushed the ice/meth the pipe with residue was left behind. 

Anyone doing ice/meth is not exactly careful to hide what they are doing. They are too high to be careful to cover their tracks. They are sloppy and get caught. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo1964 said:

Ice is a destroyer of lives. Both to the user and their families. Very few ever kick the habit.

Agreed. My sister has been addicted to meth for 32 years. I don't know how she is even alive, but she is. She ripped the entire family apart with her addiction. 

20 minutes ago, shackleton said:

arrives on a tourist visa and over stays a year must be enjoying himself 

here in Thailand 

police proberly checking on how he could afford the ice and source of supply

This is also my question. How was he supporting and finding his drug money in Thailand?

2 hours ago, Alexandra3 said:

Agreed. My sister has been addicted to meth for 32 years. I don't know how she is even alive, but she is. She ripped the entire family apart with her addiction. 

Drug addiction and abuse is terrible. I know people hooked on everything from alcohol to harry the horse. Vilifying users  (as some posters here have done) does nothing to help anyone. Best wishes to your family and your sister, mate!

2 hours ago, Alexandra3 said:

My condolences, that must be incredibly difficult to have to deal with.

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am guessing he was either late on rent payment or was going to move out and wanted his deposit back.

Why else would a landlord report his tenants "activities" to police

Its called the crazy drug because it makes people crazy , burning houses down and things like that , you can understand why a landlord wouldnt want a person like that staying in his house

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its called the crazy drug because it makes people crazy , burning houses down and things like that , you can understand why a landlord wouldnt want a person like that staying in his house

as long as you are here on a tourist visa and at the same

time you praise big jok work  ... you should not speak out

in more complex matters...

1 hour ago, Essaybloke said:

How do you know that using a mind altering drug makes one a 'bad guy'? 

It's against the law, and he is also on a year overstay. I was just referring to the new immigration slogan : Bad guys out, good guys in. 

24 minutes ago, balo said:

It's against the law, and he is also on a year overstay. I was just referring to the new immigration slogan : Bad guys out, good guys in. 

if they change the slogan to 'stupid guys out smart in'...
you will be flying out with a tiger ????

I just cannot understand these people that come over to a foreign country with some of the strictest laws regarding drugs then choose to start messing around with class A rubbish like this. I can hardly understand why anyone would mess with this in their home country (but maybe I am just an old fart) but to come here and do it is sheer madness. It isn't that many years back they were machine gunning them for this sort of drugs. 

47 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

This guy got arrested for spray painting himself.

PatrickTribett2005.jpg

the individual's freedoms are more important to me than

anything else ...more important than any stupid laws
if he hurts only himself by painting his face...leave him alone
the same with visas and drugs

Archived