British man arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly overstaying visa, abusing 'ice'

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:
14 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

At least he didn't spray paint anything.

This guy got arrested for spray painting himself.

PatrickTribett2005.jpg

Ok so you fished this guy out of a Loei Swamp, uh, I mean beach, no reason to turn him over to the police! Being a Warriors fan isn't against the law .... as far as I know.

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Ok so you fished this guy out of a Loei Swamp, uh, I mean beach, no reason to turn him over to the police! Being a Warriors fan isn't against the law .... as far as I know.

There are a lot of sad cases of folks like him who huff spray paint fumes out of a paper bag to get high.  In his case, he apparently went back to a store to buy more when he ran out.  I have a relative or two who did similar stuff way back when.  Good way to get brain dead.

23 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, by your definition, having a social drink with family is alcohol abuse.

Epidemiologists define the term drug use as being experimentation or irregular use and define drug abuse as being regular and/or compulsive use.

No, because beer invented for recreational use.

23 hours ago, wombat said:

and there you have our mindset......abnormal is recreational .......normal is for making people better killing machines.........pmsl

A killing machine in war is normal and useful, a killing machine in peacetime isn't, meth abusers often kill innocent people, whether deliberately to feed their addiction, or accidentally, e.g. minivan drivers. 

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, but you can't just make things up, beer was invented for religious ceremonies. 

There is a prime example of "making things up."
Beer was, as with most human products, almost certainly an accidental discovery. It would have been co-opted to religious purposes after the fact.
No priest sat down and thought, "Hmmm. I think I will invent a mind altering beverage today".
Much more likely along these lines: "Damn! I left the last of the bread in this bowl uncovered in the rain a couple of days ago!. Hold on. That doesn't smell too bad. Mmmm, not bad at all!" ????

On 11/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, Bill Miller said:

There is a prime example of "making things up."
Beer was, as with most human products, almost certainly an accidental discovery. It would have been co-opted to religious purposes after the fact.
No priest sat down and thought, "Hmmm. I think I will invent a mind altering beverage today".
Much more likely along these lines: "Damn! I left the last of the bread in this bowl uncovered in the rain a couple of days ago!. Hold on. That doesn't smell too bad. Mmmm, not bad at all!" ????

Sure it would have started with an accidental discovery, but that discovery led to them replicating that accident, which would be the invention of beer.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Beer was invented by the Sumerians

For recreation.

'The oldest evidence of beer is believed to be a 6,000-year-old Sumerian tablet depicting people consuming a drink through reed straws from a communal bowl. A 3900-year-old Sumerian poem honouring Ninkasi, the patron goddess of brewing, contains the oldest surviving beer recipe'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer

So they consumed it. Some may have also happened to use it in religious ceremonies but obviously the primary reason for its existence was for people to drink and enjoy, unlike methamphetamine.

'Archaeological findings show that Chinese villagers were brewing fermented alcoholic drinks as far back as 7000 BC'

'Beer is also mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh, in which the 'wild man' Enkidu is given beer to drink. "... he ate until he was full, drank seven pitchers of beer, his heart grew light, his face glowed and he sang out with joy." '

'Confirmed written evidence of ancient beer production in Armenia can be obtained from Xenophon in his work Anabasis (5th century BC) when he was in one of the ancient Armenian villages in which he wrote: “ There were stores within of wheat and barley and vegetables, and wine made from barley in great big bowls; the grains of barley malt lay floating in the beverage up to the lip of the vessel, and reeds lay in them, some longer, some shorter, without joints; when you were thirsty you must take one of these into your mouth, and suck. The beverage without admixture of water was very strong, and of a delicious flavour to certain palates, but the taste must be acquired.'

• 3 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:46 PM, jspill said:

These things do have medical uses, when it was invented it was a treatment for narcolepsy & asthma. In WWII it was then used to keep soldiers awake. 

Abuse is any abnormal use, i.e. for recreation.

There is a big difference between amphetamine and meta amphetamine.

Although they have a lot in common, amphetamines and methamphetamines are not the same drug. 

On 11/29/2018 at 7:39 PM, Essaybloke said:

How do you know that using a mind altering drug makes one a 'bad guy'? 

If it's addictive and expensive then it usually results in them turning to crime to finanz the addiction. Positive results have been achieved in Israel with the controlled one off use of LSD in hospitals for terminally ill patients who have an extreme fear of death. The results showed that after taking a small dose in a controlled calm environment the patients lost all fear of death and this feeling continued until their demise. Mind altering drugs have their place but not as a recreational pastime which becomes a danger to the general public as well as themselves (driving under the influence of cocaine or weed eg).

10 hours ago, Infertile Snail said:

Actually I think you will find he overstayed his visa because corrupt policemen stole his passport. It was only a matter of time before he ran out of money. You pitch fork mob should stop believing everything you read online without seeking some form of confirmation

You're the person with the REAL story, but you keep it tp yourself. 

He's guilty until you tell what happend and why. Three sentences get you nowhere.

11 hours ago, Infertile Snail said:

Actually I think you will find he overstayed his visa because corrupt policemen stole his passport. It was only a matter of time before he ran out of money. You pitch fork mob should stop believing everything you read online without seeking some form of confirmation

"Actually I think you will find he overstayed his visa because corrupt policemen stole his passport."

Unless they had something on him why would he not report his passport as stolen?  Could it be that he was attempting to benefit in some way from said alleged corruption?

"It was only a matter of time before he ran out of money."

Yes, smoking ice gets expensive fast.

"You pitch fork mob should stop believing everything you read online without seeking some form of confirmation"

Point taken, you are now on the ignore list.

Archived