Location of 3BB Internet office.

heybruce

I am trying to cancel my 3BB internet service.  However, the office I used to start the service, which was at Kad Suan Kaew, is no longer there.

Does anyone know of a 3BB office near the old city?  Is there still one in Airport Plaza?  I can't find any current information on the internet.

I'm fairly certain that you can only cancel your service at the main office behind Big C Extra. At least when I was fed up with 3BB and wanted to cancel I had to go there. They demanded my original passport and I had to sign several documents. It seemed like a big deal just to cancel the service.

28 minutes ago, PeterJG said:

Why did you cancel?

Intend to use 3BB in Januaruy when wife and I move there so if there are problems with them it would be nice to know.

I'm moving.

I've actually had pretty good service from 3BB, but it seems internet service varies widely depending on location.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

I'm fairly certain that you can only cancel your service at the main office behind Big C Extra. At least when I was fed up with 3BB and wanted to cancel I had to go there. They demanded my original passport and I had to sign several documents. It seemed like a big deal just to cancel the service.

I hope that's not the case.  It occurred to me after starting this topic that I can call 3BB customer service and, eventually, get an answer to this question.

When I moved away from CM I had to cancel the 3BB contract.

I had to bring the modem to the main office so I could ask to get my deposit back which I think was around 1500 baht . And sign lots of documents.   

9 hours ago, PeterJG said:

Why did you cancel?

Intend to use 3BB in Januaruy when wife and I move there so if there are problems with them it would be nice to know.

3BB are great, I've been with them 7 years.

Got their fibre service now 631bht/month for 100Mb with free wireless router.

Can download a 2GB movie in a minute when the torrent runs at full speed.

5 hours ago, balo said:

When I moved away from CM I had to cancel the 3BB contract.

I had to bring the modem to the main office so I could ask to get my deposit back which I think was around 1500 baht . And sign lots of documents.   

They didn't ask for my router but when inquired by phone was told "must come to main office to cancel contract". And yes, had to sign a stack of documents.

Update:  A friend told me the 3BB office moved upstairs to a kiosk across from the Bangkok Bank.  I brought them my router and passport, signed one document, gave them 125 baht (I was a little behind on the last payment), declined to buy the router and I was done.

No deposit refund, but I don't recall paying a deposit.  I paid a deposit to True Vision for cable TV; they told me it could only be refunded by a bank transfer and would take 30 days.  I intend to keep my Thai bank, I don't know how that would work for someone who already closed their Thai bank accounts before leaving the country.

19 hours ago, heybruce said:

Update:  A friend told me the 3BB office moved upstairs to a kiosk across from the Bangkok Bank.  I brought them my router and passport, signed one document, gave them 125 baht (I was a little behind on the last payment), declined to buy the router and I was done.

No deposit refund, but I don't recall paying a deposit.  I paid a deposit to True Vision for cable TV; they told me it could only be refunded by a bank transfer and would take 30 days.  I intend to keep my Thai bank, I don't know how that would work for someone who already closed their Thai bank accounts before leaving the country.

When I had True the 1st time (12 years ago), I didn't recall paying a deposit either. Then one day - about 2 years after they picked up the satellite dish and 6 years after initially signing the contract, I received a registered letter from True saying that they had 5,900 Baht deposit that they would like to return to me, but my old land line was disconnected and they could not contact me. I was completely surprised. I had to sign a form and copy of my ID and post it back and about two months later a check for 5900 Baht was sent to me.

• 2 weeks later...

After I had settled my True cable account at Siam TV and finally located the 3BB booth at Kad Suan Kaew to close my internet account, I stumbled across both True and 3BB offices at the Tesco Lotus near the superhighway.

That's the way it always goes; when you're no longer looking for something you find it accidentally.  Maybe this info will be useful to someone in the future.

Archived