Certificate of Residence requirements - Jomtien Immigration Office

On 11/30/2018 at 4:27 PM, KittenKong said:

I struggle to see the logic of the DLT requiring you to get a certificate of residence from Immigration in order to prove your address to the DLT, when one of the address proofs that Immigration will accept for this is your old driving licence from the DLT.

The DLT could just copy the address on the old license onto the new licence themselves thus completely bypassing Immigration. Duh.

Um...one guess. Thailand? 

Makes perfect Thai (non) sense to me. :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mha noi said:

Got 2 resident certs a week ago on a tourist stamp (visa exempt 30day)

at jomtien imma. No problems

Looks like you were lucky.

Many reports on Pattaya forums of people on Tourist Visa refused this Residence Certificate.

Only exception I heard about (before you) was a guy needing a bank account to move on "Retirement Visa"

On 12/1/2018 at 8:49 AM, KittenKong said:

I thought that you only needed the residence certificate to buy, not to sell.

We both needed one when my friend sold me his bike, to facilitate transfer to my name.

Edited by tropo

On 12/1/2018 at 3:16 PM, anfh said:

I renewed my 5 year license, went to DLT, I have House Yellow Book and Thai ID card.

They looked at everything, then the girl called a supervisor to look at everything. They had a small list with requirement listed, this stated Certificate Of Residence, therefore they insisted on certificate in spite of me having various proof of address etc.

it seems that no one at DLT has been advised that a Yellow Book, ID or previous license is equivalent to a Certificate of Residence. 

All extremeley daft and annoying ( especially finding this out after riding all the way to the DLT ! ) 

As I have posted before, if you THINK something might be needed, then take that with you ! 

Was there any request for a TM30?

On 12/1/2018 at 3:24 PM, anfh said:

Im not sure as not been to others, so I assume you saying you CAN use those methods elsewhere ? I hope in five years they finally accept them in Chonburi !!!!!,!,

I renewed my five-year license in Chonburi DLT last week and used my pink ID card for ID and yellow tabien baan for proof of residence. No problems at all.

It's Pattaya DLT that won't accept either the ID cars or yellow book. They insist on a residence certificate.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bumping this. I'm on ED visa and needed one to open bank account. I went to 3 banks and all told me I need a residence certificate.

So I went to immigration, completed everything and queued just to tell me I need to have letter from bank and sent me away. 

I'll try to explain this to the next bank branch I go but as my experience is they won't know what to do. 

Perhaps I'll just put driver license on the residence certificate request form, do they ask for any additional documents in that case? 

7 hours ago, digeldoop5 said:

Bumping this. I'm on ED visa and needed one to open bank account. I went to 3 banks and all told me I need a residence certificate.

So I went to immigration, completed everything and queued just to tell me I need to have letter from bank and sent me away. 

I'll try to explain this to the next bank branch I go but as my experience is they won't know what to do. 

Perhaps I'll just put driver license on the residence certificate request form, do they ask for any additional documents in that case? 

They are sticky with it. Easiest to ask the bank for a letter. They should be able to do it. Otherwise you can get an agent to do it. Going rate is 500 baht so only an extra 200. There is an agent opposite the Post Office in Soi 13/2 that are reasonable.

2 minutes ago, rhodie said:

They are sticky with it. Easiest to ask the bank for a letter. They should be able to do it. Otherwise you can get an agent to do it. Going rate is 500 baht so only an extra 200. There is an agent opposite the Post Office in Soi 13/2 that are reasonable.

Well that's interesting. Not saying your info is incorrect. 

I have been here 7 years. Do not have DL and want one. OZ embassy does not provide RC. 

I have never done a 90day report and was advised in this thread and another I need a 90 day report to obtain RC from imm office. 

Have never used agent for anything. Contacted one regarding this problem and was told "no can do".

8 hours ago, digeldoop5 said:

I went to Jomtien for a residency certificate to buy A car, they wanted the purchase receipt for the car and copy of bluebook.........I went to a different immi office instead.

Edited by Don Mega

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Well that's interesting. Not saying your info is incorrect. 

I have been here 7 years. Do not have DL and want one. OZ embassy does not provide RC. 

I have never done a 90day report and was advised in this thread and another I need a 90 day report to obtain RC from imm office. 

Have never used agent for anything. Contacted one regarding this problem and was told "no can do".

When you apply you need to specify why. If it is to buy a vehicle, they want to see the registration book. They want to see evidence for the reason you require it. But, maybe not always. As I say agents do it for 500 and that as we know avoids a reason. ????  BYMMV.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, rhodie said:

Otherwise you can get an agent to do it. Going rate is 500 baht so only an extra 200. There is an agent opposite the Post Office in Soi 13/2 that are reasonable.

Can you elaborate on where it is, who does them for 500 baht? I've been in in soi post office today and there are 4 companies in the close proximity of "opposite of the post office" that look like they do visa stuff, I went into 2 of them, one wanted 3000 baht and one "no can do". The 2 other ones were closed so I'll go back on Monday I guess..

17 hours ago, digeldoop5 said:

Can you elaborate on where it is, who does them for 500 baht? I've been in in soi post office today and there are 4 companies in the close proximity of "opposite of the post office" that look like they do visa stuff, I went into 2 of them, one wanted 3000 baht and one "no can do". The 2 other ones were closed so I'll go back on Monday I guess..

I can't remember the name. Will post when I remember it.

8 minutes ago, johng said:

So you have  more than one residence ?  or did you use a hotel address ?

I live in the province of Chonburi, Jomtien is in Chonburi (they were not fun to play with) so I went to Sriracha which is also in the province of chonburi and they were happy to help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

so I went to Sriracha which is also in the province of chonburi and they were happy to help.

Very good to hear,nice to have another option  did they give you the certificate within the hour  like Jomtien do ?

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Very good to hear,nice to have another option  did they give you the certificate within the hour  like Jomtien do ?

I got there at 1.00pm... nobody else there, gave them me documents and went outside for a ciggie... cert was waiting when I returned.

Done the same 3 times now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johng said:

Excellent  ????

can I assume the documents required are the same as at Jomtien ?

Less documents (other than the min required).

My 1st was to buy a car, Jomtien wanted bluebook and receipt of purchase... Sriracha wanted nothing but the basics.