Where can I sell kruggerands, Rolex and 1000 usd bill in Bangkok

Dpop

Looking to sell a couple  1 oz Kruggerands, a NOS Rolex and Antique Breitling and a 1000 usd bill to sell. I live in Chiang Mai but not finding anywhere here to sell.  Heading to Bangkok in a couple weeks, wondering if there might be a one stop shop that can handle all of these collectables. Not interested in Ebay due to fees and international shipping. Any thoughts or tips appreciated.   Thanks much.

The gold shops will take your kruggerands and give you a poor price. Better to sell to a foreigner who can sell them overseas.

The Rolex and Breitling, a pawn shop or watch dealer. They will give you a poor price. Better to sell to a foreigner.

The 1000 USD bill. Surely any money exchange. Super Rich Chiang Mai? If not, better to sell to a foreigner.

Briggsy

Thx much for ur thoughts.

The 1000 usd bill won't be changed by local shops.. also they are worth around 2500usd  

So to you knowledge no reasonable offers on gold coins or premium watches ?

Due to the prevalence of counterfeit items, the chances are you will only be able to sell to knowledgeable dealers.

Dealers have to make a profit, so expect to get about 30 per cent of the secondhand value.

You may get more for the coins, but the chances are they will melt them in front of you to check they are legitimate.

Last year was interested in Selling a few of my watches as I never wear them any more....  Rolex, Frank Muller, Panerai, Bell&Ross...  The offers from the second hand shops were extremely low, a couple of dealers had a 'take it leave it' attitude with a dollop of arrogance thrown in as if I was desperate for the cash... It was easy enough to leave it... my nephews will get a nice 18th Birthday Present !...  I tried on eBay and received nothing but scam attempts, some fairly elaborate. I tried on a couple of international watch sites... no hits (other than a couple of scam attempts again).... 

Ultimately, I found no way of Selling my watches...  A couple of reasonable second hand dealers contacted me, but they needed a little more 'meat on the bone' to cover their markup and risk for resale. 

Thus - In my experience, selling on anything of value here (or anywhere) seems to be one where we have to accept we'll take a bigger hit than we are often prepared to. 

i had a pilot Chronometer from WWII  and sold it on Chrono24 fpr an acceptable price

https://www.chrono24.com/info/valuation.htm#gref

your gold coins, go to the Assay Office on the Charoen Khrung in Bangkok, yet they will only give you the worth in weight of the fine gold part

There are coin & mint collectors in Bangkok and they meet regularily . . .i will post the link if I find it 

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The gold shops will take your kruggerands and give you a poor price. Better to sell to a foreigner who can sell them overseas.

The Rolex and Breitling, a pawn shop or watch dealer. They will give you a poor price. Better to sell to a foreigner.

The 1000 USD bill. Surely any money exchange. Super Rich Chiang Mai? If not, better to sell to a foreigner.

Maybe old bills that are not acceptable now?

The US ceased printing $1000 bills in 1946 and I believe declared them valid only for bank to bank transactions.

Considering how fussy most currency exchanges are with US $100 bills, I can't imagine them accepting a $1000 bill.

I could be interested in watches but looking for a firesale as well.

Never saw a Brietling I liked. Rolex stainless, oyster, stick markers. Divers ok.

So many fake Rolexes take it to Singapore, but it's one at a time. No box on return or they'll see it in the xray. So needs to get sold.

1000$ maybe for 1000$, terms apply.

• 1 month later...

Never respond to this type of suspicious forum topic (there are several other similar ones opened recently). They are almost certainly a scam trying to hook someone into private messaging to meet up and exchange counterfeit goods. Highly suspicious!

19 hours ago, Thainess said:

Never respond to this type of suspicious forum topic (there are several other similar ones opened recently). They are almost certainly a scam trying to hook someone into private messaging to meet up and exchange counterfeit goods. Highly suspicious!

What do you base that on?  The OP was simply asking for a shop that could accommodate him. 

I was looking to sell my Rolex... I got sick of the lowball offers and obvious scam attempts that I just gave up... I didn't need to sell it, I just didn't see the point in keeping something I hardly wear (I'm over wearing nice watches etc)... the watches just sit in my safe these days... 

There are Shops in Central World and MBK who will buy second hand watches - but don't expect anything near what you expect the watch to be worth. 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:57 PM, dddave said:

The US ceased printing $1000 bills in 1946 and I believe declared them valid only for bank to bank transactions.

Considering how fussy most currency exchanges are with US $100 bills, I can't imagine them accepting a $1000 bill.

I am not sure that is legal tender any more or allowed to be circulated.  It has other numismatic value and a coin shop or antiquities dealer may be interested in it

Archived