Four more country's to benefit from free visas on arrival in Thailand - seven more get 30 days

rooster59

Four more country's to benefit from free visas on arrival in Thailand - seven more get 30 days

S__71385103-700x525.jpg

Image: Bangkok Insight 

Bangkok Insight reported on the results of a ministerial level meeting yesterday that was good news for the nationals of eleven countries. 

Four more countries have been added to the list of 20 that will not have to pay for visas on arrival - these are Mexico, Georgia, Vanuatu and Nauru. 

In addition the nationals of seven countries will now get 30 days stay on arrival in Thailand - these are Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius.

Source: Bangkok Insight

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-01

Wow suprised this wasnt a highlighted in red breaking wind news item ....click bait special.

Four obscure countries added to the free list, yet the the double entry tourist visa and 30 days unlimited changes announced here three weeks ago, still not implemented.

Inmates running the asylum.

Next week the news that this has again increased tourism figures by 20%.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:
Four more countries have been added to the list of 20 that will not have to pay for visas on arrival - these are Mexico, Georgia, Vanuatu and Nauru. 

In addition the nationals of seven countries will now get 30 days stay on arrival in Thailand - these are Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius.

1543644469204.jpg

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Wow suprised this wasnt a highlighted in red breaking wind news item ....click bait special.

Four obscure countries added to the free list, yet the the double entry tourist visa and 30 days unlimited changes announced here three weeks ago, still not implemented.

Inmates running the asylum.

Next week the news that this has again increased tourism figures by 20%.

4 obscure countries added to a list of other obscure countries,what is this commitee's motto ' i know what's around the corner,i just don't know where the corner is'.

Notice that they are not targeting the farang countries whose tourists dump the most money while in Thailand - give a little and get a lot.  But that seems to be going right over their heads.  Not really rocket scientists in the Ministry these days.  :dry:

3 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

This news has set me a great problem.  I live just a few miles from Andorra.  Should I go there to live or not!  That is the question!

P.S.  The plural of'country' is 'countries'.

rooster knows that.

2 hours ago, Johnathon said:
16 hours ago, BestB said:

Can see massive queues of quality tourists lining up already ????

Yes to replace the pot bellied ones???? who simply only love there pint???? and love to whine????

4 posts, looks like we have a a new T Team handle up and running. Congrats and welcome! :biggrin:

If they want to help kick start that Indian tourism market, why not include them on the 30-day list and free visa on arrival, instead of only 15-days.

Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius...dumb.

Hello all...

This is my first post here, so lets go..

Can someone explain for me what this meaning?  "In addition the nationals of seven countries will now get 30 days stay on arrival in Thailand - these are Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, San Marino, Ukraine, the Maldives and Mauritius." 

My friend is from Latvia and he will arrive to Thailand on next week.If you look information internet...Latvians needs "Visa on arrival-VOA" 15 days...but this news meaning they can arrive visa free(30 day stamp) like most of european citizen?  

Or maybe this meaning VOA is now valid 30 days?

Thanks,

Jari

Archived