Chinese woman on Phi Phi tour slashed by speedboat propeller

rooster59

Chinese woman on Phi Phi tour slashed by speedboat propeller 

By The Phuket News

image (2).jpg

Chinese tourist Jang Sia Dan, 39, suffered severe injuries to both her legs after they were slashed by a speedboat propeller at Phi Phi Island earlier today (Dec 1). Photo: Phuket TAC

PHUKET: A 39-Chinese tourist suffered severe injuries after her legs were slashed by a tour speedboat propeller today (Dec 1), the Phuket Tourist Assistance Centre (TAC) has confirmed.

The woman, Jang Sia Dan, boarded the tour boat King Poseidon 23 in Phuket this morning with 19 other tourists to enjoy a day trip to the islands in Phang Nga Bay.

Ms Jang was injured while the boat was moving to moor at Pileh Bay at Phi Phi Island at about 9am, the TAC officer said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-woman-on-phi-phi-tour-slashed-by-speedboat-propeller-69531.php#DcZs8RGzi6H599Pf.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-01

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Tourist numbers from China have declined in recent months after the Phoenix tour boat disaster that killed 47 Chinese on July 5. Chinese arrivals fell 6.7% month-on-month in August and were down a further 25.3% in September and 0.2% in October."

I think what galls most people, is the fact that this appears to be more important to the powers that be, than the wellbeing and condition of the injured lady, or any others involved in preventable accidents, caused by basic negligence.

this is quite shocking, yes TAT says all tourists are safe lol

they area obviously not safe

The driver of this boat is either totally incompetent  - drugged up - drunk or a combination of all the above and yet he is driving a boat responsible for people in the boat

yet again we see Thailand unable to enforce existing safety regulations because it costs money and there is no financial gain if they do

safety comes at a price - the trillion baht tourist industry in Thailand is going into pockets...……….yes we take care everything safe for you...…...no it isn't

6 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

Stupid lady. You dont get off a bus when its moving.

Well they must in china.

Charge the lady not the boys . Its all on her.

She'll try to get in for her chop, and suey someone

4 hours ago, balo said:

Send the message back to China . Thailand is not safe , stay home. 

It's as safe as anywhere else if you switch your brain on, she gets off of the boat from the back where the propellers are still revolving, a clear case of stupidity.

4 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Nothing that a no-fee visa, a 'Chinese Only' line at the airport and a free all-you-can-eat mango and sticky rice buffet can't fix...

She can apply for a free tattoo next to the scars on her legs,'I survived Thailand'

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Same way they cross busy roads, everything must stop because me no look!Surprised she didn’t,t put the baby in the pram out first!

It's a very effective way that works well in China, as a pedestrian you look straight ahead and don't try to anticipate traffic, walk at the same steady pace and let the cars drive around you. If you try and do it any other way in Beijing you can easily die.

8 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It's a very effective way that works well in China, as a pedestrian you look straight ahead and don't try to anticipate traffic, walk at the same steady pace and let the cars drive around you. If you try and do it any other way in Beijing you can easily die.

I,ll stick to looking, but thanks for the tip.Oh and this ain’t Beijing, what’s the old saying?

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I,ll stick to looking, but thanks for the tip.Oh and this ain’t Beijing, what’s the old saying?

I'm just trying to help you understand why they behave as they do, you might not understand why they do that but they don't understand why you queue, why you go out in the hot sun without protection, why you sit quietly and eat when their meals are very loud affairs, and so on. They say travel is a great educator and broadens the mind hence when in Rome certainly doesn't apply to every difference between races.

7 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I'm just trying to help you understand why they behave as they do, you might not understand why they do that but they don't understand why you queue, why you go out in the hot sun without protection, why you sit quietly and eat when their meals are very loud affairs, and so on. They say travel is a great educator and broadens the mind hence when in Rome certainly doesn't apply to every difference between races.

I understand your trying to justify rudeness and stupidity by saying that’s what they do? Well meaning I,m sure but when accidents occur ,your actions offend others, one has to say ,damn I better do things differently. 

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It's as safe as anywhere else if you switch your brain on, she gets off of the boat from the back where the propellers are still revolving, a clear case of stupidity.

There were at least 3 other stupid people on the boat, captain, boat staffer, tour guide, none of whom seemed to communicate with one another or the passengers until it was too late

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

"The tour group was led by a 37-year-old Chinese tour guide."

Another illegally working tour guide. I wonder what this one will be charged with - if at all? Or will it be brushed under the carpet?

Probably illegal, the guide will make the perfect scapegoat in the authorities' efforts to protect the Thais and their tourist industry.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

I understand your trying to justify rudeness and stupidity by saying that’s what they do? Well meaning I,m sure but when accidents occur ,your actions offend others, one has to say ,damn I better do things differently. 

If you read the earlier link I provided you'll see the US Coast Guard report on boating accidents in the US during 2017, 32 people died in 172 propellor related accidents in the US and alcohol was involved in 19% of those incidents, tell me again about how stupid Chinese people are!

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Chinese (IN CHINA) they are reporting it a different way .....IT'S THAILAND FAULT, she decided to step down the boat should have stoped

Archived