Lucky woman dances on Bangkok - Samui flight after finding out she’s the ONE passenger on board

rooster59

Lucky woman dances on Bangkok - Samui flight after finding out she’s the ONE passenger on board

By Rosie Gizauskas

pass.JPG

Passenger Latsamy McAdoo from Miami managed to get a whole flight to herself

IT’S the dream to get on a private jet – but they’re normally pretty expensive.

Passenger Latsamy McAdoo from Miami was travelling from Bangkok to Koh Samui when she found out that she had the entire plane to herself.

She was visiting family in Thailand and expected the plane to be full as it usually is – but this time it was empty.

Full story: https://www.thesun.ie/travel/3458658/lucky-woman-dances-on-plane-after-finding-out-shes-the-one-passenger-on-board/

THE IRISH Sun: 2018-12-02

37 minutes ago, ezzra said:

WOW,, forget that she was alone on the flight.. what a looker and cutey..

why do i always find myself sitting next to very ordinary passengers and never next to someone like her i ask?....why?...

????????????

Try one of these.

JOKE. 

????????????

images (39).jpeg

3 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Embarrassing and costly for the airline to run a flight with just one passenger.

Well i am sure they did not make much profit but the plane probably had to go to Samui anyway!!!

10 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Embarrassing and costly for the airline to run a flight with just one passenger.

I guess this is Bangkok-airlines....they are expensive because they call themselves a boutique airline where passengers get a free banana while waiting.

Lucky lady, and good for her, and as she has film star looks, good publicity for the airline.

I used to live on Samui. My international flight ftom my home country would land about 3 pm and I would have a flight booked to Samui about 5.30 pm. Once you’ve got off the first plane, it’s then about a 40 minute walk to get to the other end of the airport where you go thtough to the gates for the internal flights for Samui, Krabi and elsewhere.

On two or three occasions, my Samui flight has been cancelled because there were not enough passengers and so we were ‘bumped’ onto the next flight; there are flights each hour. It’s not too much of an inconvenience, because the airline has quite a good courtesy lounge with free drinks and savoury snacks.

I thought her flight must have been the last one at night, but she says in the report that it as an early morning flight. Maybe the next three or four flights were fully booked, or, more likely, that that particular plane was needed on Samui for a return flight later in the day.

Also I am not sure why she chose to pay extra for a business class seat. Yes you get on and off first, but it’s a small plane for about 100 passengers, and so it’s just a standard economy type seat at the front of the plane. And the flight is usually only about an hour, although on this occasion hers was 30 minutes, but no big deal.

Anyway, it’s a nice story, and I am glad she’s happy. I loved Samui airport. Very small, but the layout with the palm trees, the cute ‘dinky’ buildings and the tanks of colourful fish in the toilets always made you feel on arrival that you were on holiday in an exotic location. As you land, you can see on the top of a nearby hill, a buddhist temple with a pointed golden roof: the pagoda of Wat Khao Hua Jook. Happy memories.

I had the same experience many years ago. I had surrendered my ticket because the scheduled flight was oversold and I was bribed to give up my seat and since I had no compelling reason to return home immediately, I took the bribe.  It was an early evening flight from La Guardia in NYC to Minneapolis. I settled in for an expected several hours wait.  About 2 hours later I was called to a departure gate and was boarded onto a 747 making a dead-head return to Northwest Airlines Hub in Minneapolis. It was wonderful, I was the only passenger! Lots of food and drink and conversation and a tour of the plane. 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

why do i always find myself sitting next to very ordinary passengers and never next to someone like her i ask?....why?...

I am sure all those passengers sat next to you had the same feeling as yours????

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I am sure all those passengers sat next to you had the same feeling as yours????

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

"why do i always find myself sitting next to very ordinary passengers..."

Why do they always find themselves sitting next to you and not someone like her?   What difference would it make, anyway, would you make advances to her that you'd expect to be reciprocated because you're such a catch?

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

You aren't Robinson Crusoe .... 

Chocolates-10.gif

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The need the plane for the returning hordes of tourists nor monsoon-low-season begin...????

“I was very shocked and said they didn’t have to go if it was just me, but they told me they had to go as they had passengers in Koh Samui they needed to bring back."

Archived