Lucky woman dances on Bangkok - Samui flight after finding out she’s the ONE passenger on board

rooster59

A very long time ago I had a similar night flight from Orlando to London heathrow, only 5 passengers on the entire aircraft a 747-300

3 of them slept the entire route, one lady passenger & I played cards, chatted, ate & drank with the crew all the way back to England!

Best flight I ever had, I married one of the cabin staff & were happily still together now !!

9 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

I like Bangkok Airlines - great service and always on time. Had this been THAI then they would have cancelled the flight due to … tjahhh

Not sure regarding Thai-air as my experience is that they fly as they are suposed to. However, with low-price "albatross airlines" i flow with years ago (Ukraine or Russian), they did cancel their flights due to "technical" (brake?????) failure to collect more people in the plane. Twice I've had 2 extra days in Bkk, all payed for with food and good hotel. Guess it's cheeper to pay a dosens of people for food and accommodation than burn all that fuel with an empty plane.

Thanx for the info about Bkk airlines. Today i don't mind to pay for quality and moreover, I like to suport (by flying with) airlines that take things seriously. 

Cheers

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I was on an Emirates flight from Dubai to Bangkok once and including myself there were only five passengers on board -- on a Boeing 777.

Happened to me too last year through the Middle East on Gulf. I asked why it was so empty, she said very few people were travelling due to Ramadan. 

It's nice to have room. I flew from Germany to UAE during the Iraq war while they were pummeling Baghdad, the plane was near empty. Skirted around Iraq, saw some lights in the distance, no idea. It was Emirates, got a lot of tlc from the flight crew. Flying isn't nice but that one was ok.

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I was on an Emirates flight from Dubai to Bangkok once and including myself there were only five passengers on board -- on a Boeing 777.

Think I might of been on this flight also,  it was about 2 years ago, just pick your own seat, the best flight I ever had, other than business class

16 hours ago, nodomino said:

a dead-head return to Northwest Airlines Hub in Minneapolis

You mean everybody on the plane was on acid and wearing tie-dye?  :tongue:  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Yeah, I know what it means, my ex was a FA.

A few years ago I was having a conversation with a young German woman who believed all the crap she read on a 9/11 conspiracy web site.  Among her arguments was that one of the planes involved was nearly empty.  I told her this was not uncommon, a personal example was I once took a 747 from NYC to London and there were only 12 passengers (I counted).  Another time I flew from California to NYC and there just about as many.  She said it didn't make sense, why would they do that?  Why not cancel the flight?  I couldn't be bothered explaining transport logistics, especially seeing where she was at.  I begged off with "hey, I just buy the ticket and take the flight, I don't run the airline."

Well this may be a long shot but since the average age of posters on here is pretty high and there have  now been posts of people being one of the few passengers on an airplane in the 1990’s , 1980’s , 1970’s a guy who said he met his current wife on an almost empty flight a long long time ago so I’ll call that one 1960’s. I was wondering were any of you on the Wright brothers flight in Kitty Hawk? ????

20 hours ago, fruitman said:

I guess this is Bangkok-airlines....they are expensive because they call themselves a boutique airline where passengers get a free banana while waiting.

they are not expensive at all. They have great prices to most destinations. The only reason the Samui flights are expensive is because they own the airport and have a monopoly on this route (yes, Thai Airways also fly there, by special permission of Bangkok air which also control the price)

Embarrassing and costly for the airline to run a flight with just one passenger.

Sometimes a flight is delayed/cancelled due to a technical fault most of the customers accommodated on other flights.

How costly would it be to cancel a flight ( with one customer) when a full boat is waiting in the other end?

On 12/2/2018 at 10:50 AM, Wallander4 said:

Tourist numbers are booming … ehhhh not really right

I like Bangkok Airlines - great service and always on time. Had this been THAI then they would have cancelled the flight due to … tjahhh

Amazing. i fly regularly between Samui and Bangkok and the flights are usually 95 - 100% full. Also, it can be hard to get a flight if you don't book at least a week early.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:50 AM, Wallander4 said:

Tourist numbers are booming … ehhhh not really right

Amazing. i fly regularly between Samui and Bangkok and the flights are usually 95 - 100% full. Also, it can be hard to get a flight if you don't book at least a week early.

Archived