Danish man marries his Thai ladyboy sweetheart - but has never asked if she's a he!

webfact

Danish man marries his Thai ladyboy sweetheart - but has never asked if she's a he!

3pm.jpg

Thai Rath reported on a marriage ceremony in Thailand's south on Saturday in which the groom was a man from Denmark and the "bride" was a man from Trang. 

The couple married legally in Denmark two months ago and confirmed their vows in a ceremony for relatives followed by a slap up party at a local hotel. 

John Standskov, 54, a civil servant, was married twice before to women but these unions never worked out. 

Yingyong "Anne" Nokkaew, 49, who has lived in Denmark for thirty years himself, divorced five years ago. 

The couple met and mutual respect and love soon developed in a place Thai Rath called "the land of cow's milk". 

Anne said that John had never asked if he was a man or a woman. 

John said that Anne is a lovely woman. 

The couple have known each other for four years and said that this marriage is for keeps as it is true love. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-03

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Anne said that John had never asked if he was a man or a woman. 

I fairness this is not a question that people ask in normal life. If you've got any suspicions that things are not as they seem then there are more subtle ways of finding out.  

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I'm sure that was a big surprise there..Seriously dude... didn't even occur to you to check what you're BEFORE marrying the other dude?...

A bit hard-hitting that ezzra.

How/why did the story even break?

Not news for me; just a talking point over a beer.

26 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What do you think a gay man would want with a ladyboy?

555, you can tell these guys that a thousand times, but they never seem to get it. Or why would a ladyboy find a gay man attractive? They wouldn't, they would think it absurd. A lot of strait men like ladyboys because they find them more feminine that girls, and better and more responsive in bed than girls. Absolutely nothing to do with being gay. How can people live in Thailand for so many years and just not understand that gender and sexuality can be far more flexible than a lifetime of pub bigotry has led you to believe?

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If you preference is your partner having a penis , rather than a vagina , it probably means that you are gay

Assuming your ladyboy (kathoey) wife is pre-op and retains one.

I have just been told that, of course, "kathoey sometime make same p**** as lady"

Why would she comment that he had never asked her?

Why would he if the equipment was there?

Or do you think that they kept it platonic until the wedding night?

So is a man who marries a kathoey post-op, without "what all gays want",......gay?

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

A lot of strait men like ladyboys because they find them more feminine that girls, and better and more responsive in bed than girls. Absolutely nothing to do with being gay.

Really? Where does your insight come from?

I know two types of guys:

a) straight guys who would never knowingly do something with a lady-boy

b) straight guys who from time to time want a BJ or the backside and lady-boys seems to be good in these services.

And then there are guys who go to lady-boys bars. I had a friend who had such a bar in Soi 33 a few years ago.

I asked him once if they all had the operation. I thought that would help with business.

But he corrected me that all his customers wanted the lady-boys full equipped so that the lady-boys could <deleted> the guys.

I wouldn't say a guy who looks for a lady-boy to get <deleted> in the back would call such a lady-boy "more feminine than girls".

39 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

How can people live in Thailand for so many years and just not understand that gender and sexuality can be far more flexible than a lifetime of pub bigotry has led you to believe?

Because "a lifetime of pub bigotry" is not conducive to intelligent, enlightened re-assessment of ones views and opinions.

It's sort of....axiomatic.

(From one who has worked on the other side of the bar).

And spent more than enough time listening to "them".

15 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

I think the headlines is a bit deceiving. I think he knew immediately that she was a ladyboy, so didn't bother asking and she knew that he knew. The first time they slept together he would see whether she still had her penis or not. 

That's the theory.

But it seems there are guys who just don't know. Maybe they have 0 experience what a women should look like or they don't look or whatever.

I heard the story of this guy who was with his holiday bar girl for two weeks on an island and he was so happy that he found the perfect girl. He showed a picture to my friend who knew "her", except it wasn't a her...

Archived