Passport Stamp Clarification

I have these stamps (below) in my passport to support my Non O visa based on marriage and my one year extension and even though I've been here quite a while I've always use 90 day visas and I never needed to renew a one year extension before or do 90 day reporting following a re-entry permit before so I thought I should seek clarification from the good sense of fellow forum members since any time I have asked an immigration officer a question they seem to:-

1. take a deep breath as If I've asked them to do something that involves a lot of energy and..

2. they usually look the other way as If they don't have the time of day to answer my measly little foreigner questions.. ????

So my question is, would I be correct in thinking the following renewal and reporting schedule based on the stamps below..

stamp1.jpg

Would I be correct in thinking this is the 'extension of stay' which expires 2nd May 2019 and therefore to renew this I must renew approximately 1 month prior (around beginning of April) and show my '400k THB money for the year' seasoned for 2 months prior (since 2nd Feb) based on marriage and non O visa extension renewal, are these the correct dates?

stamp5.jpg

This is my previous entry stamp so I need to report to immigration 90 days following the entry stamp in this case beginning of Feb 2019?

So based on these half illegible stamps, to summarize I need to..

• Report for 90 day report Feb 1st 2019
  • Ensure 400k in the account for Feb 1st (to support extension of stay renewal application in April)
  • Apply at immigration April 1st (ironic?) for renewal of extension of stay
  • And following successful application collect my extension again on May 2nd and happy days again for 89 days until the next 90 day report, am I right?
  • Then repeat this rigmarole routine again next year

Your opinion would be appreciated, thanks and have a nice day.

PS - oh and also would 6 pages of a passport be enough for another year of extensions with 2 additional entry permits to enter and exit Thailand next year again or should I take a new passport with me to the next renewal so I will have a brand new passport to accommodate the unnecessarily large extension of stay stamps next year too.

Edited by NightSky
added PS
  • Like 1

About your marriage extension of stay: You can start to renew it normally 30 days before it expires (some immigration office will accept it 45 days before) and latest renewal request would be on the day of expiry. 

As you are renewing your extension, the money must be seasoned for 3 months on the day you apply for renewal. I see your logic that your money would be seasoned for 3 month on the day the old extension expires, but that is not what is accepted. 3 months seasoning on the day when you apply for the renewal.

That is when you get your 30d "under consideration" stamp with the date to go back to the office to get the new extension stamp. If you apply for the next extension of stay i.e. on 22 April 2019, the stamp would tell you to go back to immigration on 21 Mai 2019. The under consideration stamp is like an extension of your stay. 

With regards to your entry stamp: You entered Thailand on 7 November 2018 and have been granted permission to stay until 2 May 2019 (2/5/2019 on the stamp). That is the expiry date of your permission to stay. You might have misread the handwritten date, that is NOT February 5, but 2 May 2019.

Your next 90d report is due 90 days from entry to Thailand which would be February 4, 2019. And the next 90d report would then be 90d from February 4, the renewal of your extension of stay does NOT influence, change or break the 90d routine of reporting. 90d reporting is purely based on you last entry to Thailand, NOT on your extension dates.

• Thanks 1

add-on: 6 pages is plenty. In Jomtien, they need 1/2 page for the under consideration stamp, 1/2 page for the extension stamp, 1/2 page for the re-entry permit (multi or single is up to you) and then what ever space the IO at the borders uses for stamping you in and out. I managed to get a maximum of 3 in-and-out pairs per passport page. 

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1

The seasoning period for a marriage extension is always two (2) months, not three (3) as stated.

While it's true that you never lose days by getting your extension early, and your extension expiration date (day and month) therefore stays the same year after year, that's not true of the 90-Day Report date.  You get a new 90-Day Report Date that is 90 days after your 90-Day Report is approved

So if you do your 90-Day Report early you do lose days from when that report is approved until it was due.  You gain days if your 90-Day report is approved in the grace period after the due date.  This makes sense if you realize that the 90-Day Report is due 90 days after the latest of either the date of your last entry into the country or the approved date of your last 90-Day Report.

When I recently made a trip to Malaysia and back my Immigration Office left my 90 Day Report date alone and I report in two months from ReEntry not three months from ReEntry.  She did not give me a new 90 Day Report when my wife did her tm30.  I returned a month later from when I got the original 90 Day Report (the same time as I got my ReEntry permit).  As always, up to them, no big deal. 

yesteday i has just in immigration, drive to city and go immigration sametime, 92 day because saturday not has open, i go to monday,only 5 minute ,ready, no need add any paper,only officer looking passport and taker old notice paper and made new when need next time go 90 report back, wery guickly and easy have,not need only 400K in bank account ,i no have but can made 1 year visa. need only homecountry you pension salary payer paper were has you salary at english,then co embassy he write new paper this and then go to own immigration and have paper you has salary more than 400K / year. simple. or not, if live far at bkk need go to bkk and embassy not easy trip.

1 hour ago, finnishmen said:

yesteday i has just in immigration, drive to city and go immigration sametime, 92 day because saturday not has open, i go to monday,only 5 minute ,ready, no need add any paper,only officer looking passport and taker old notice paper and made new when need next time go 90 report back, wery guickly and easy have,not need only 400K in bank account ,i no have but can made 1 year visa. need only homecountry you pension salary payer paper were has you salary at english,then co embassy he write new paper this and then go to own immigration and have paper you has salary more than 400K / year. simple. or not, if live far at bkk need go to bkk and embassy not easy trip.

Hey Finnishmen,

"not need only 400K in bank account ,i no have but can made 1 year visa. need only homecountry you pension salary payer paper were has you salary at english,then co embassy he write new paper"

Now that many of the Embassies are following America, Australia, and the United Kingdom policy of NOT SIGNING Stat Decs about income, this will probably be the last year that you can do that. As far as I can tell, from some of the press releases, the Finnish Embassies are going to soon follow with NOT SIGNING the Income related Stat Decs too.

TELECOM66 Out