Deleting notifications

Moonlover

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The 'delete all notifications' button is not appearing anymore and my list is getting rather long. Is there a technical issue?

Ok, call off the hounds, I've found it.

For those not in the know, 'Click on notifications' - Click on 'View all notifications'. On the new page that opens, the delete button is top right in red.

ML

56 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Ok, call off the hounds, I've found it.

For those not in the know, 'Click on notifications' - Click on 'View all notifications'. On the new page that opens, the delete button is top right in red.

ML

Thanks so much for that!

I did see the red button yesterday, but it only loaded about a third of it, so the text wasn't visible.

It seems a long-winded way of doing it though, but at least it works!

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Clear Notifications is back next to View All where it went AWOL (UA) from ????

Oh good!

I just need to have a notification to check.

Seeing as you're full of good news Crossy, any words of wisdoms 'from the inside' on points 2 and 3 in my post below?

55 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Bad news for me. The Clear Notifications is still AWOL on my browser I'm afraid.

Hmmm, it's there for me and my evil twin (test account) on both Chrome and FireFox. Try clearing your browser cache.

EDIT But it gives a "page not found error" grrrr.

I've been following both this head and the other one about the missing names in Quotes.

woo hoo! both problems cleared themselves at the same time

whoever quietly fixed these concurrent glitches in the background? ... thanx

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Hmmm, it's there for me and my evil twin (test account) on both Chrome and FireFox. Try clearing your browser cache.

EDIT But it gives a "page not found error" grrrr.

Yup, clearing the cache did it. Thanks Crossy. I'm now on the same page as you (pun intended) - 'page not found'

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:
19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Clear Notifications is back next to View All where it went AWOL (UA) from ????

That's the good news. And now for the bad, it doesn't work! ????

It sent me to an error page instead. From that page I was able to send a message to the administrators. I hope someone is listening out there.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:13 AM, Moonlover said:

But gone with the windows now.

I currently can't find any method/workaround to clear.

Patience seems needed.

These notifications are a complete pain.

I managed to "unfollow" a huge list of topics that I had never deliberately followed and which recently started bombarding me with notifications every time anyone added a comment to the topic (which had never happened before).
But now I find that I'm getting notifications whenever anyone quotes me, with no obvious way of turning them off.

When I want notifications I will ask for them. So they should be entirely optional and set to "off" by default.

21 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

These notifications are a complete pain.

I managed to "unfollow" a huge list of topics that I had never deliberately followed and which recently started bombarding me with notifications every time anyone added a comment to the topic (which had never happened before).
But now I find that I'm getting notifications whenever anyone quotes me, with no obvious way of turning them off.

When I want notifications I will ask for them. So they should be entirely optional and set to "off" by default.

Thank you for your post, i thought it was me buggering up my computer.

No, as you post you have been getting the same nonsense.

Yesterday i was getting notifications regarding several different threads, which i have never followed.

Never/ ever followed any thread/ member, yet Ubonjoe was telling me i had.

The system here is in such a mess, why do they not fix it instead of blaming others?

On 12/5/2018 at 7:15 AM, KhunBENQ said:

But gone with the windows now.

I currently can't find any method/workaround to clear.

Patience seems needed.

Clear notifications options is now back working fine......at least on my pc :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Clear notifications options is now back working fine......at least on my pc :thumbsup:

You can clear them but apparently you cant stop new ones from arriving. In fact you probably just got one about me quoting you in a reply. Sorry about that.

Archived