Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

47324490_2232863526746969_8823379439065759744_n.jpg

Picture: RakSiamNews

RakSiamNews reported that a contingent of Department of Special Investigation officers, immigration and local police raided a popular area of beer bars in Central Pattaya Soi 6 last night. 

Two children aged 16 and 17 were found hiding on the premises of Miss B Haven one of the bars among a group of about ten in the immediate vicinity. 

47383997_2232863350080320_2378529730061139968_n.jpg

Picture: RakSiamNews

The owner of the bar Jomkaew Kingkhong, 44, from Chonburi was arrested and taken in to Pattaya police station with the children as well as eight other women aged 25-35. 

The bar caters to tourists and is well known in the area. 

The children were separated from the other group and are being interviewed in the presence of social services to see if there is a case of human trafficking to answer. 

No charges have yet been made. 

Source: RakSiamNews

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-04

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, neeray said:

If found guilty, "lock her up".

She is most likely a front for a farang, probably a Brit. Brits are the "real owners" of most of the bars in Soi 6.

Clever name play on the English language, doubt a Thai could come up with that name.

If you don't believe me, do a google search, not hard to find the Brits behind this soi.

This report contradicts previous reports by authorities that there is no prostitution in soi 6, despite that it is the best known street of whores in Pattaya, which is the best known prostitute city in the world.

Miss B Haven is definitely a clever name but not original. I have seen this name used in a western country. It is obviously aimed at English speaking men as a Thai would never get the drift of it, no matter how good their command of English is.

And I certainly agree with your last paragraph.

in cambodia many years ago phnom penh,i was at a bar.lots of ladies doing what they do. a chap wanted 2 of them for awhile,the only problem he said was are u 18 because of this issue.they both said yes,but the next night we found out one was a few mths short of 18 and did not want a problem.it was ok the next day,but she wanted the business and the money.if police did come round he would have being in trouble with that one anyway.so don,t tell me they don,t know what they are doing at that age.same stuff happens all asia

2 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

She is most likely a front for a farang, probably a Brit. Brits are the "real owners" of most of the bars in Soi 6.

Clever name play on the English language, doubt a Thai could come up with that name.

If you don't believe me, do a google search, not hard to find the Brits behind this soi.

This report contradicts previous reports by authorities that there is no prostitution in soi 6, despite that it is the best known street of whores in Pattaya, which is the best known prostitute city in the world.

I am not really surprised.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Miss B Haven is definitely a clever name but not original. I have seen this name used in a western country. It is obviously aimed at English speaking men as a Thai would never get the drift of it, no matter how good their command of English is.

Why would it be aimed at Thai men on Soi 6? Are you trying to be clever with your thousands of irrelevant posts? 

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

Sorry, I can't work up much enthusiasm to shout 'hang em, hang em high' on this one.

But if you feel it's totally out of order go ahead.

(glad I didn't point 0ut 15 is totally legal in France now)

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

... bit of an over-reaction.

Remember the legal age for drinking is 20 in the LOS, 2 years higher than the UK etc.

Then again, we have to obey the rules of the country that we're in.

3 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

This report contradicts previous reports by authorities that there is no prostitution in soi 6,

As long as no fact of money changing hands and service provided has been established, previous reports by the authorities cannot be reliably challenged by this one. The two young females above the age of consent were found to be just "hiding" in some unspecified spot on the premise.  

3 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Sorry mate but that's nonsense.  Some Brits may think they own a soi 6 bar, but the power lies elsewhere, in every case. Just piss off Thai mafia/police/backers and you find out who the real owners are.  

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

I know of no country in the western world that allows anyone under the age of 18 to be prostituted.  It is an international convention signed by pretty much every western nation.  The age of consent typically rises to 18 in cases of prostitution.

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You should get out more.  16 is old enough to leave school, drive, get married, work and reproduce lots of little Thais - hardly a child.

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children. 

Totally legal in Europe.

Maybe just a simple statement of fact.

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Perhaps in the circle of Thais that you surround yourself with they may not get it, but I know of several that would easily suss this out the first time they read it.  True, they have have advanced degrees, and worked in high level jobs overseas for many years but they would "get it".  But yeah, 99.9% of Pattaya Thais would not.

6 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Can't argue with that mate........but we're in Thailand, not Europe and Thai law is different.  

Not really.

The age of consent and the age to work in the business are rather different, in Thailand and elsewhere.

Archived