Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

They are children when they are depending on adults for financial support and who can easily be manipulated and coerced to do things that are harmful to their well-being. Think about the psychological damage that will manifest later in life when they realize they were betrayed.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:31 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

Perhaps in the circle of Thais that you surround yourself with they may not get it, but I know of several that would easily suss this out the first time they read it.  True, they have have advanced degrees, and worked in high level jobs overseas for many years but they would "get it".  But yeah, 99.9% of Pattaya Thais would not.

Yes but like me you obviously only mix with the upper strata of the top 1%, you must learn to make allowances for the rest.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, bkk6060 said:

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

Right, and the scary thing is that that post probably got the highest number of likes ...

We're not talking about 16/17-year old kids messing around with each other but 16/17-year old kids being put in prostitution.

1 hour ago, chakatee said:

Right, and the scary thing is that that post probably got the highest number of likes ...

We're not talking about 16/17-year old kids messing around with each other but 16/17-year old kids being put in prostitution.

What age is it legal to engage in prostitution?  

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

When I first went to Cambo they had shophouses open with underage girls all standing and sitting in plain view.

Times have changed and for the better.

It's still there and here because it is mainly a local prediliction. 

Doesn't mean it's ok though.

Gary Glitter enjoyed those times also apparently.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, ivor bigun said:

Should have been in Pattaya,25 yrs ago in many bars 17 would have been the older girls. 

Yep & most of those "girls" had been working in Thai bars since they were 14 years old or younger and were considered too old for the Thai clientèle & sent to work elsewhere, short memories or selective memory seems to be common with Thai's!

On December 4, 2018 at 11:44 PM, cyberfarang said:

Many families from the poorest of Thai communities actively encourage or even pressure their young daughters to go on the game that become their main financial support. As bad as this sounds, it is not possible to equate cultures and ways of life from populations of third world countries to that of the west.

To us this may appear diabolical, but it`s really just down to different ways of thinking and having different moral principles. Who`s to judge the rights and wrongs of these matters?

You can't put this down to cultural differences. These people know exactly what is right and what is wrong, and they also know that when their lovely underage daughter is offered a good wage to "work in a restaurant" that she is about to be prostituted. Even people in far flung villages are aware of it - they are not that dumb. But you are right about "different moral principles". The moral principles at play here are immorality and greed. 

What age is it legal to engage in prostitution?  
If you use a prostitute in Thailand who is aged under 18 you are committing a serious offence. If you use a prostitute aged 18+ you won't be committed an offence, assuming you're doing it privately (I.e. not in a brothel).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you use a prostitute in Thailand who is aged under 18 you are committing a serious offence. If you use a prostitute aged 18+ you won't be committed an offence, assuming you're doing it privately (I.e. not in a brothel).

How are you supposed to check?  Her ID, (maybe her sister?)  The cops can't check if she is not Thai - only some faked stuff about teeth or bones which is plus or minus 4 years.  Actually dating a woman under 30 is always going to be a problem.  Unless you know her and take the ID to the cops to have it verified.  

On 6/19/2019 at 7:04 PM, Uptooyoo said:

They are children when they are depending on adults for financial support and who can easily be manipulated and coerced to do things that are harmful to their well-being. Think about the psychological damage that will manifest later in life when they realize they were betrayed.

It was like that 17 years ago when I settled down in a city in lower Isaan.

There were plenty of so called "baby prostitutes", students from a nearby high school.

Nobody told them to sell their bodies, they did that to buy a new phone, or anything else. These kids were 13,14,15, or 16 years old.

It's not a secret that many high school and university girls from Bangkok spend a weekend in Pattaya to make some money.

I've met women from Isaan at Nana, married to foreigners who drove to Bangkok for a few days to make some money. It's always good when you can speak their language. 

No pimp behind, so do you really believe that there's a psychological damage that will manifest later in their life? Many girls with 13/14/15 already had sex, some have kids they leave with their grandma. 

Some of them are clever, take the ID from an older friend, which is difficult to explain to cops when they find a foreigner with an "underage girl" that faked her identity. 

I'd have thought that such foreigners are the victims then, don't you think? 

Mothers in my wife's village were asking me if I wouldn't know a foreigner for their 15 to 16 year old daughters and when I denied they went to Pattaya and Bangkok to find a job as a ..well not a hotel maid. 

They know from others what's going on and where to start. sad, but true. 

11 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

How are you supposed to check?  Her ID, (maybe her sister?)  The cops can't check if she is not Thai - only some faked stuff about teeth or bones which is plus or minus 4 years.  Actually dating a woman under 30 is always going to be a problem.  Unless you know her and take the ID to the cops to have it verified.  

In each school are kids who're pretty good at faking ID's, as it is in the States that kids can go to pubs and drink alcohol. 

How could you go to the cops and tell them to check on a girl who's selling her body?

An easy way to become become the victim, without doing anything wrong. And Pattaya is well known for temples and, well you know what. 

Even if you check her ID, and then it turns out to be fake and she's underage, you're in a world of trouble. If you like young ones, young but legal, tread carefully.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Even if you check her ID, and then it turns out to be fake and she's underage, you're in a world of trouble. If you like young ones, young but legal, tread carefully.

Yup.  Ladies under 30 are always a chance of a life time in a Thai prison.  Or.  Take her to a local police station and have her ID verified.  Although if she is from Laos or Burma that's not going to happen.  

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Actually he never came to Thailand,that is except the airport where he was barred from entry,remember it on the news

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am well aware of that but if you actually took the trouble to read the thread, rather then attempting to snipe at a factual statement, you would have known that my response was to underage children in Cambodian shop houses.

I am well aware of that but if you actually took the trouble to read the thread, rather then attempting to snipe at a factual statement, you would have known that my response was to underage children in Cambodian shop houses.
I wasnt sniping,you said nothing about Cambodian shophouses he frequented,it seemed that you were making out that he was doing it in Thailand and i pointed out that he was not and that the authoraties had banned him so good for them ,as so many snipe at Thailand ,is that not ok?

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I wasnt sniping,you said nothing about Cambodian shophouses he frequented,it seemed that you were making out that he was doing it in Thailand and i pointed out that he was not and that the authoraties had banned him so good for them ,as so many snipe at Thailand ,is that not ok?

So tell me what exactly could you not understand that my post was with reference to Cambodia. Just for clarification to illustrate to other members that in my view you are only sniping, below is the actual post and my reply. A simple apology will suffice

8 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

When I first went to Cambo they had shophouses open with underage girls all standing and sitting in plain view.

Times have changed and for the better.

It's still there and here because it is mainly a local prediliction. 

Doesn't mean it's ok though.

Gary Glitter enjoyed those times also apparently.

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

If you read my post i was not sniping at all,just stating a fact ,sorry if it upset you,but really ,come on why are you getting them in a twist?

This is what you stated " you said nothing about Cambodian shophouses ", yet I posted for all to see my post was specifically in response to the comment regarding Cambodian shophouse. You are either in denial and deliberately attempting to pervert my actual statements or else you are unaware of what you actually wrote. But as I said a simple apology by yourself would be sufficient. But hey, I appreciate that this is an anonymous forum so quite happy for others to judge.

27 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

But I Thought Prostitution was ILLEGAL In Thailand.......Have I Missed Something ??

yes.

there is no law banning privately selling sex for money, i.e. as a transaction between 2 private persons, without third party interference or help.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

It is illegal but in any event does not exist as the RTP discovered in Pattaya  ????

That joke has already been told numerous times in this thread .

Any jokes about bribes /brown envelopes you can come up with ?

On 12/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, bkk6060 said:

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

Christ, you should have seen what I was getting up to at 17.

I ain't condoning that they were in the bar. That sort of work is illegal in Thailand for under 18s and rightly so, but consensual unpaid sex certainly isn't illegal (in Thailand as well as most countries) at 17.

No need for your mindless knee-jerk response.

Unless she was kidnapped and trafficked there, or forced by her family, there is nothing really disgusting about it.

At that age she is old enough to know what she is doing. And while she shouldn't have been in the bar, jeez, I was in the bars at 14 and rooting around with older women a couple of years later. I didn't need anyone to apologize to me.

While I agree they technically shouldn't have been there. Let's get this into perspective, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 6:08 AM, Pattayadonk said:

It’s was my mates bar and he is currently in prison looking at 45 years . But fingers crossed he will be released with it the next month 

Sorry mate!!! Hope he gets an extra 10 years....

Archived