Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

Just now, kwilco said:

If you seriously think the age of consent is the only factor in human trafficking then I'd suggest you need to rethink your whole attitude to child sexploitation.

How is my "attitude" to child exploitation gonna change anything?

If I get all worked up about human trafficking, does that stop it happening? Of course it doesn't.

I find it as deplorable as you do, but that doesn't change it one little bit.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kwilco said:

That's a highly selective definition.....you seem to have omitted the second half.....

"a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority."

are you attempting to justify  your own faults?

Do not confuse the age of majority with the age of consent, age to purchase cigarettes, get a driving licence etc. Eg in Oz, in some states, if financially able and have a place, you can leave home at 16.

I believe all this mincing of words regarding the legal age of consent for a prostitute in place where prostitution is illegal fails to address the "big picture". Do you think Thai men go to Thai-only brothels to have sex with under-age girls? Are any such Thai-only brothels on Soi 6? The purpose of this raid by the morality police seems aimed at showing how westerners are to blame for this type of immorality (immoral according to Thai law). I am not saying I agree with such laws, but I definitely don't agree with preferential law enforcement.

6 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

She is most likely a front for a farang, probably a Brit. Brits are the "real owners" of most of the bars in Soi 6.

Clever name play on the English language, doubt a Thai could come up with that name.

If you don't believe me, do a google search, not hard to find the Brits behind this soi.

This report contradicts previous reports by authorities that there is no prostitution in soi 6, despite that it is the best known street of whores in Pattaya, which is the best known prostitute city in the world.

I agree but it`s not strictly limited to Brits. I guarantee that in every major Thai city behind most bars and massage parlours there is a Farang lurking behind the scenes somewhere. 

What many may not be aware of is that there is a thriving sex industry among the Thais involving under age sex workers and prostitution. By the age of 15 these girls are already well seasoned hookers working with the blessings of their families. Most will not involve foreigners not wanting to bring attention to themselves. Some years ago my Thai brother-in-law worked for a well known bank in Chiang Mai. He told me that the boss would often lay on parties for his chosen members of staff that provided under age girls for dessert. My brother-in-law declined (or so he said).

The bar owners in the report will buy their way out of trouble with a brown envelope and the girls will be lectured on the errors of their ways, then in a week or two, it will be business as usual.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

not correct - people of that age cannot participate in prostitution or providing other sexual services - however they could probably work as a hostess as long as that was the limit of their work.  16 is the age of consent but there are different rules where payment is involved

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

In reality they are young, very young to be working the business.

Unfortunately they may have had 1 or 2  or 3 children at this early age.

I'm not saying it's right but in Thailand the father of these children from young females have no obligation.

it's a cruel world, but food on the table always outways morals and decently.

Please Thailand, get those who fathered the births of teenage girls to support these young people.

Sure.  They are going to make it mandatory that all partners of Thai mothers be tested to determine the father.  The what??

You are 100% clueless as to how this country works.....

46 minutes ago, milwaukeeboy said:

I am proud to say that I used to masturbate a 12 year old child.

Oh. Wait. That was myself. 

I hope the statute of limitations has passed.

Your post leads me to think it is still happening.

So, then, why were two children allowed to sit in the one front passenger seat of a police car? 

Watch the video. Two of the kids get out from the one seat in front. Did they share a seat belt? Oh, no? Mai pen Rai, eh? 

I’m truly glad if the police are concerned about the safety of these kids on walking street, but please be consistent and look after their safety while on driving streets. 

No logic here. 

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Totally legal in Europe.

So wrong 

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Totally legal in Europe.

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

You right he can't be a serious man but surely he doesn't have children 

And in most of the western country's you have to be 18 for entertainment places 

To meny sex tourists don't care 

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

So then it's perfectly okay for a seedy old westerner like yourself to be rooting them? Erm, okay. 

Less of the old if you don't mind. Mr. Aussie I assume; glad you consent though.

Sadly, there is extremely dodgy s**t happening all over Thailand.

"Karaoke" bars up north along the Lao border, where filthy grub truckies take young girls of very, very questionable age.

Mid north, I've seen evidence of young boys ( 12 years old homeless, no parents ) being used by men well within their 40's-50's. Young boy is now about 16+

I objected to the missus, yet the whole bloody neighbourhood has no problem with it. Totally bizarre, no objection at all from the locals. 

It was one of the learning curves i have had in Thailand. No matter how long i have been here, i am still an outsider. I will never get used to this crap.

I will stop shy of saying it is rife, but geez, there is plenty of it around.

I believe all this mincing of words regarding the legal age of consent for a prostitute in place where prostitution is illegal fails to address the "big picture". Do you think Thai men go to Thai-only brothels to have sex with under-age girls? Are any such Thai-only brothels on Soi 6? The purpose of this raid by the morality police seems aimed at showing how westerners are to blame for this type of immorality (immoral according to Thai law). I am not saying I agree with such laws, but I definitely don't agree with preferential law enforcement.
Except that's not true. There have been plenty of recent examples of Thai karaoke bars and massage places being raided and prosecuted for underage prostitution.

Prostitution itself is not illegal in Thailand - it's regulated under various pieces of legislation. Procuring and using prostitutes aged under 18 is illegal just as it is in most other countries.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In my 14 visits to the kingdom, I never saw or heard a glimpse of any such things.  No doubt that things happen, just saying never got wind of any of it.  Of course back in the States when a neighbor or two that I barely know heard I had been in Thailand he couldn't wait to ask about children saying he heard that happens a lot over there.  Of course that guy has never been outside of the state never mind across the globe. 

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

In my 14 visits to the kingdom, I never saw or heard a glimpse of any such things.  No doubt that things happen, just saying never got wind of any of it.  Of course back in the States when a neighbor or two that I barely know heard I had been in Thailand he couldn't wait to ask about children saying he heard that happens a lot over there.  Of course that guy has never been outside of the state never mind across the globe. 

How would you tell the difference between a 17 year old woman and an 18 year old women?

7 hours ago, Crash999 said:

If 16 and 17 are children then we are all young adults. 

But know we are in Thailand and here the law says that to have sex with a farang you should be at least 18, so that is what we have to accept. 

11 minutes ago, Parsve said:

But know we are in Thailand and here the law says that to have sex with a farang you should be at least 18, so that is what we have to accept. 

Isn't it 20?  After 10 beers and getting ready for bed did you really ever check a go go girls ID? 

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Prostituting 16 and 17 year old children is not legal in any  European country I've been to.

A fair number would be concerned with the presence of such children in an establishment selling alcohol.

so you haven't visited Switzerland yet !

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, it's 18

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Age of Majority: is the age at which a person gains full legal rights under Thai Law, i.e. can do anything adults can do. This means the person can sign legal contracts (meaning contracts made under the age of 20 are void {including employment contracts at the bar?} Legal age for marriage: 20, 17 with parental consent.

I think 18 is a bit scary.  I'd stick to over 20 if I was into that kind of thing.  I'm sure a Thai lawyer could advise what a Thai father can and cannot do to a young suitor if his daughter is under 20. 

Archived