Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chriss77 said:

Sadly, there is extremely dodgy s**t happening all over Thailand.

"Karaoke" bars up north along the Lao border, where filthy grub truckies take young girls of very, very questionable age.

Mid north, I've seen evidence of young boys ( 12 years old homeless, no parents ) being used by men well within their 40's-50's. Young boy is now about 16+

I objected to the missus, yet the whole bloody neighbourhood has no problem with it. Totally bizarre, no objection at all from the locals. 

It was one of the learning curves i have had in Thailand. No matter how long i have been here, i am still an outsider. I will never get used to this crap.

I will stop shy of saying it is rife, but geez, there is plenty of it around.

There is dodgy stuff going on in Thailand, but many don`t realise that Thailand does have an unwritten caste system. Those that are considered from the bottom end of Thai society, no one, not even the authorities gives a rat`s behind about these people. Many families from the poorest of Thai communities actively encourage or even pressure their young daughters to go on the game that become their main financial support. As bad as this sounds, it is not possible to equate cultures and ways of life from populations of third world countries to that of the west.

To us this may appear diabolical, but it`s really just down to different ways of thinking and having different moral principles. Who`s to judge the rights and wrongs of these matters?  But still, in my western opinion and looking at this in my western perspective, I believe any adult males that have sex with minors are nothing more than child rapists.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I can't work up much enthusiasm to shout 'hang em, hang em high' on this one.

But if you feel it's totally out of order go ahead.

(glad I didn't point 0ut 15 is totally legal in France now)

As a prostitute, I really doubt it! Sex between two teenagers and fifteen years old teens used by a pimp to satisfy his clients there is a  difference in my book. Reading your comments it seems we do not share the same vision.

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Wrong. Most paedophiles would find them, although not their ideal, an acceptable 'half-way house'. Especially as these girls look particularly small, some of them.   Also, many paedophiles are able to have normal functioning sexual relations with another adult, which is why their hidden predilection for children often remains undiscovered. 

I'd like to see a bounty here in Thailand, maybe 5000bt or a free visa year extension if you can get the evidence on one of these animals. Could be a great part time job with no work permit required. 

32 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Switzerland allows 16 year prostitutes?

I wouldn’t know as

a) I don’t seek to sexually exploit children. 

b) I’ve never been there. 

I`m sure the majority of us also don`t seek to have sex with minors and children.

I`ve lived in Thailand for a long time and in all my years here have not witnessed any under aged teens or children being offered for sex. But of course I`ve never been out there looking for it. But as I said in a previous post, the under aged sex industry is thriving in Thailand that is mostly kept among the Thais and rarely visible to foreigners. I believe the OP case only came to light because it involved a bar mostly frequented by foreigners and the authorities are concerned about the image of Thailand abroad. 

The sex industry in Thailand is like a parallel Universe, one that caters for foreigners and one that caters for Thais. 

22 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m sure the majority of us also don`t seek to have sex with minors and children.

I`ve lived in Thailand for a long time and in all my years here have not witnessed any under aged teens or children being offered for sex. But of course I`ve never been out there looking for it. But as I said in a previous post, the under aged sex industry is thriving in Thailand that is mostly kept among the Thais and rarely visible to foreigners. I believe the OP case only came to light because it involved a bar mostly frequented by foreigners and the authorities are concerned about the image of Thailand abroad. 

The sex industry in Thailand is like a parallel Universe, one that caters for foreigners and one that caters for Thais. 

I wasn’t suggesting that most expats and/or tourists seek to sexually exploit children, but posts like #3 make me despair...

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I can't work up much enthusiasm to shout 'hang em, hang em high' on this one.

But if you feel it's totally out of order go ahead.

And a lot of countries even 14, such as Germany, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Bularia, Estonia, hungary, Serbia ... Also the Thai neighbour country Myanmar : 14 ! 

Want to know about Japan ? Just have a look on Google ! They mention : age of consent is 13 years !
I let you guess in Nigeria ... here is a link.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/nigeria

I just wanted to mention what the law is telling about the legal minimum age of consent !

32 minutes ago, mika255 said:

Want to know about Japan ? Just have a look on Google ! They mention : age of consent is 13 years !

That is incorrect about Japan , it may be legal at that age , BUT , they also have separate child protection laws , any adult have sex with under 18's will get charged with child rape

How do you know they were working in the bar ?

They could have been the daughters of the owner or staff. It's not uncommon to see family members and even kids in the bar area .  

Anyway after the brown envelope has been delivered it's business as usual tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

What age would you suggest to make a decision about what a woman does with her own body?

I believe the problem is another more senior person doing something with her body irrespective of her decisions. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

Maybe the question should be 'How many and how often were children offered for sex with tourists at a popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?'

13 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I dont know wich europe you mean but in no real european country 16 and 17 years old is adult they might act like an adult but it starts from 18 and even then i think their not realy adults and my geuss is that you are not in your twenty's so every girl umder the age of 20 could be your doughter would you aprove it then still and call her an adult 

In Norway the law is: 

From age 13 you are aloud to work and earn money but not more then 12 hours pr week. 

From age 15 is aloud to put criminal children in prison

And at same age (15) you can work 40 hours pr week if it not destroy the child focus/energy in school 

Sex is aloud from age 16

From 18 years you are adult and your parents don’t decide of their child anymore 

From 18 years can buy beer & wine and be bartender in restaurants/night club with limit 18 year

From 20 year can buy alcohol with higher %  and also bartender etc in places with limit 20 

19 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

If you don't believe me, do a google search, not hard to find the Brits behind this soi.

I'd love to see a link listing all these 'British' owners.  The generally accepted story is that most bars are owned by Pattaya Plod.

16 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Perhaps in the circle of Thais that you surround yourself with they may not get it, but I know of several that would easily suss this out the first time they read it.  True, they have have advanced degrees, and worked in high level jobs overseas for many years but they would "get it".  But yeah, 99.9% of Pattaya Thais would not.

Ok.

Don't quite get your point. Maybe you are trying to tell me that you associate with Hi So. Well goody for you. Personally, I prefer real people.

BTW .... What is the purpose of "have have" versus have? Please enlighten me.

2 hours ago, Anca said:

In Norway the law is: 

From age 13 you are aloud to work and earn money but not more then 12 hours pr week. 

From age 15 is aloud to put criminal children in prison

And at same age (15) you can work 40 hours pr week if it not destroy the child focus/energy in school 

Sex is aloud from age 16

From 18 years you are adult and your parents don’t decide of their child anymore 

From 18 years can buy beer & wine and be bartender in restaurants/night club with limit 18 year

From 20 year can buy alcohol with higher %  and also bartender etc in places with limit 20 

Sex aloud? What if you keep it quiet?

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

Bad translation.

The Thai text says "children less than 16 & 17" (เด็กอายุต่ำกว่า16ปี และ 17 ปี),

so in fact children 15 & 16 yo:ohmy:

And BTW pretty sure a girl must be at least 18

to work in the sex industry in most European countries.

Just now, kwilco said:

There seem to be a lot of expats on this thread trying to justify paying for sex with minors.

This is extremely concerning, as it reinforces the perception of expats as a very questionable section of society.

Mine is 46 and many of my countrymen STILL think she's too young. She is gainfully employed and hardly desperate, but living with me gives her a bit of leeway with her meager salary.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But of course we're constantly told prostitution in Thailand does not exist....

laughable !!!!

The way the Thais define it, it actually doesn't. Freelancers do not seem to be considered prostitutes, since there is no pimp involved.

I bet if they really checked, they'd find "underage" girls working in almost every bar in town. (If I recall correctly, you have to be 19 to work in a bar/go-go, but to drink in a bar/karaoke/go-go/club, you have to be 20.)

I knew one girl that worked in Polo ages ago. I'd never barfined her or slept with her and only found out she was (or used to be) underaged when she had a birthday party at her club to celebrate her 19th birthday.

I mentioned to her that I knew she'd been working there for at least 3 years and she giggled. I asked what she did when the police came. She said she'd just zip into the dressing room, throw on her street clothes and grab a bag of food (there were always bags of food in there) and pretend she'd just brought her "sister" something to eat. 

Around the same time, I was drinking in a beer bar on Walking Street one night when a group of police came down the street. One girl that had been dancing on the bar took off like her pants were on fire. The next night she was no where to be seen and I asked the mommasan what happened. Turns out the girl was only 16 and had lied about it (naturally). The mommasan was pissed because if the cops had caught the girl, the mommasan would have been arrested as well. She fired the girl (who supposedly then went to work in the "Arab" quarter where the police didn't go and didn't check the IDs of anyone working there).

At another place (run by a friend of mine) about 10 years ago, one girl quit to go work at another place. One of her friends wanted to go see her at her new club so I barfined her and we went there. The door staff wanted to see her ID before they let her in and she showed them a photocopy. That made me suspicious as my understanding was that all Thais were supposed to have their original ID cards on them at all times.

Later that evening we were at a noodle shop and she put her purse on the table. I joked about it being full of condoms and she told me to take a look. Soon as I looked inside I saw an ID card poking out of an inner pocket. Pulled it out and sure enough, it was hers. Saw the birthdate, did the math and what do you know. She was 16. I confronted her and her excuse was that it was an "old" ID card !
I said BS as it didn't matter how old the card was, they don't change your birthdate.

I left her at the noodle place as there was no way I was going to risk getting caught with her. Even if she lied about her age and had a photocopy of someone else's ID card in her possession, you'd still get nailed if you got caught.

(A couple nights later I was chatting with the manager but by then she'd already quit and went to work at the place her friend had gone to.)

I have no doubt that there are hundreds (thousands even) of girls working in various bars/go-gos/massage parlours that are "underage" and getting by either by luck or scam. I'm sure most of the mommasans/managers know it as well and take the risk knowing there's little chance they'll get caught and in the meantime they are (probably) making good money from those underagers. 
I had gotten into the habit of joking with girls (I was interested in) about their age and getting them to show me their ID cards. The wager would usually be a lady drink (that I was probably going to buy for them anyways). Never encountered another "underager" (that I know of) but I'm sure there were some. (I didn't check every girl in every place I went to of course. Would have been fun to try but my liver would have croaked long before I got through 10% of the bars/go-gos/clubs in town).

(I'd suspect that it isn't limited to just the "girls" either but I don't recall the last time I've ever heard of the police raiding a "boy" bar of any kind.)

If she looks too young to be in "that" place - chances are she is. 

15 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I bet if they really checked, they'd find "underage" girls working in almost every bar in town. (If I recall correctly, you have to be 19 to work in a bar/go-go, but to drink in a bar/karaoke/go-go/club, you have to be 20.) //

Wrong from the first paragraph :glare:

Age to work in a bar is 18, not 19. Age for alcohol is 20.

You mentioned the example of Polo, a club closed in 2012 in part because found with underage dancers...

Things have change a lot in recent years, with numerous 30-60 days temporary closures among agogos for girls just below 18, and they certainly now are far more serious about controlling the age of their dancers.

Archived