Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

17 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I dont know wich europe you mean but in no real european country 16 and 17 years old is adult they might act like an adult but it starts from 18 and even then i think their not realy adults and my geuss is that you are not in your twenty's so every girl umder the age of 20 could be your doughter would you aprove it then still and call her an adult 

I am a father of 2 daughters who have both done quite well in life without the need of prostitution but I will say to you that you have a lot to learn about the female of the species.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

Mine is 46 and many of my countrymen STILL think she's too young. She is gainfully employed and hardly desperate, but living with me gives her a bit of leeway with her meager salary.

..and your point is?

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I wasn’t suggesting that most expats and/or tourists seek to sexually exploit children, but posts like #3 make me despair...

I realise you wasn`t suggesting most expats and tourists are not out to sexually exploit children. I was only elaborating on your comments.

As regarding post 3, it is true to a point. When my son was at school in the UK 20 years ago, he told me that many of the girls at the school were sexually active, some even having sexual encounters with boys from the age of 13. Most by the time they reached the ages of 15, 16 and 17 did not have their virginity. Some of the young teenage girls even fell pregnant.

Unlike back in my day when mentally kids were still kids and hardly knew what it was all about until reaching our late teens or early 20s, these days now with the social media, webcams, female celebrities that actively promote promiscuous behaviour among young people that become role models for minors and easy access to drugs and drink, they soon learn what it`s all about and start becoming sexually active from a very early age. Many young teens here in Thailand, especially from the poorer Thai communities have discovered that prostituting themselves has become a means of making easy money and know exactly what they`re getting into.

The worse part is, when a majority or a large minority of society begins finding this as acceptable and this is what I believe is happening. Now with modern technology prostitution and the sex industry that caters for paedophiles has never been easier.

Criminal gangs know that there is a high demand for under age girls, a more lucrative industry than even drugs and weapons and are exploiting kids for profits, including gangs and corrupt officials that allow under aged girls to advertise sexual services on their websites that even charge subscription fees to sign up on the sites and have companies advertising on those sites as if they`re all above aboard.  A sad sign of the times. 

5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Now with modern technology prostitution and the sex industry that caters for paedophiles has never been easier. A sad sign of the times. 

This is nothing to do with paedophiles , as that involved pre pubescents .

The fact that  arrests have been made in this case shows underage prostitution isnt catered for and it quite probably was "easier" in previous times 

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This is nothing to do with paedophiles , as that involved pre pubescents .

The fact that  arrests have been made in this case shows underage prostitution isnt catered for and it quite probably was "easier" in previous times 

As I`ve already explained there is a lucrative sex industry here in Thailand and other third world countries in under aged girls.

The only reason the police have gone in at the Pattaya bar is because this involved foreigners and the Thai authorities are concerned about this gaining international attention. The Thai sex trade in minors is much more discrete and kept mostly among the Thais, therefore the Thai authorities are more inclined to turn a blind eye to it and ignore the fact what is happening in this country on a mass scale. 

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

As I`ve already explained there is a lucrative sex industry here in Thailand and other third world countries in under aged girls.

The only reason the police have gone in at the Pattaya bar is because this involved foreigners and the Thai authorities are concerned about this gaining international attention. The Thai sex trade in minors is much more discrete and kept mostly among the Thais, therefore the Thai authorities are more inclined to turn a blind eye to it and ignore the fact what is happening in this country on a mass scale. 

My point was that it isnt pedophilia .

There are many active in that department 15 + year olds who would happily participate for financial gain , which is quite different to pre pubescents being forced into it .

On 12/4/2018 at 4:27 AM, Pete1980 said:

She is most likely a front for a farang, probably a Brit. Brits are the "real owners" of most of the bars in Soi 6.

Clever name play on the English language, doubt a Thai could come up with that name.

If you don't believe me, do a google search, not hard to find the Brits behind this soi.

This report contradicts previous reports by authorities that there is no prostitution in soi 6, despite that it is the best known street of whores in Pattaya, which is the best known prostitute city in the world.

With that sort of 'inside information' and point of view, you could get a job as a cub reporter for Thaiger.

PS. You need to work on getting 'world class family tourist destination' into the story though.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I realise you wasn`t suggesting most expats and tourists are not out to sexually exploit children. I was only elaborating on your comments.

As regarding post 3, it is true to a point. When my son was at school in the UK 20 years ago, he told me that many of the girls at the school were sexually active, some even having sexual encounters with boys from the age of 13. Most by the time they reached the ages of 15, 16 and 17 did not have their virginity. Some of the young teenage girls even fell pregnant.

Unlike back in my day when mentally kids were still kids and hardly knew what it was all about until reaching our late teens or early 20s, these days now with the social media, webcams, female celebrities that actively promote promiscuous behaviour among young people that become role models for minors and easy access to drugs and drink, they soon learn what it`s all about and start becoming sexually active from a very early age. Many young teens here in Thailand, especially from the poorer Thai communities have discovered that prostituting themselves has become a means of making easy money and know exactly what they`re getting into.

The worse part is, when a majority or a large minority of society begins finding this as acceptable and this is what I believe is happening. Now with modern technology prostitution and the sex industry that caters for paedophiles has never been easier.

Criminal gangs know that there is a high demand for under age girls, a more lucrative industry than even drugs and weapons and are exploiting kids for profits, including gangs and corrupt officials that allow under aged girls to advertise sexual services on their websites that even charge subscription fees to sign up on the sites and have companies advertising on those sites as if they`re all above aboard.  A sad sign of the times. 

My post was solely aimed at the 'it's ok to exploit 16 and 17 year old children" post.

I know teens are sexually active at a young age, that isn't the concern I had with the post I responded to.

It was the attitude of 'it's ok to use teens as prostitutes' implications in it I have problems with. 

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Your first 3 paragraphs I agree are 100% true in Thailand. The last 2 I think are more true in the west, or perhaps thats what you meant.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There are many active in that department 15 + year olds who would happily participate for financial gain , which is quite different to pre pubescents being forced into it .

Yes it is......you are trying to justify the unjustifiable

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Yes it is......you are trying to justify the unjustifiable

Pedophilia is the attraction to pre pubescent childen , 

(BTW , we are talking about what words mean and their correct usage , rather than trying to "justify" anything )

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Unlike back in my day when mentally kids were still kids and hardly knew what it was all about until reaching our late teens or early 20s,

You must have led a very sheltered life.

Back in early 1970s UK, I looked around and noticed plenty of the 14-year-old girls in my class were having sex, usually with much older guys (19,20 or older) who had cars. And smoking heroin in the girls toilets.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sorry, I was mistaken, so I guess having sex with minors is OK then, especially if the minors consent to having sex with adults.

The law is the law that has been created for the protection of exploitation of minors and children.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I can't work up much enthusiasm to shout 'hang em, hang em high' on this one.

But if you feel it's totally out of order go ahead.

(glad I didn't point 0ut 15 is totally legal in France now)

Prostitution in France (the exchange of sexual acts for money) was legal until April 2016, but several surrounding activities were illegal, like operating a brothel, living off the avails (pimping), and paying for sex with someone under the age of 18      (the age of consent for sex is 15).

On 6 April 2016, the French National Assembly voted to punish customers of prostitutes by a fine of €1500.[2]

In the Napoleonic era, France became the model for the regulatory approach to prostitution. In the 20th century, however, a policy shift became apparent. Brothels became illegal in 1946, and France signed the Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others in 1960. France thus became a major supporter of the international abolitionist movement for the eradication of prostitution 

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m sure the majority of us also don`t seek to have sex with minors and children.

I`ve lived in Thailand for a long time and in all my years here have not witnessed any under aged teens or children being offered for sex. But of course I`ve never been out there looking for it. But as I said in a previous post, the under aged sex industry is thriving in Thailand that is mostly kept among the Thais and rarely visible to foreigners. I believe the OP case only came to light because it involved a bar mostly frequented by foreigners and the authorities are concerned about the image of Thailand abroad. 

The sex industry in Thailand is like a parallel Universe, one that caters for foreigners and one that caters for Thais. 

I lived in Pattaya for 3 years with a several Thai GF's.  They had girls they knew from their village come to Pattaya to work.  Many of the ladies were under the age of 18.  They all got hired within an hour.  Some in Go go's.  Some in beer bars.  One 15 year old as a singer in a night club.  You can hire most of the employees in night clubs in Pattaya for after hours entertainment the same applies to 7/11 workers (in my experience). 

I think there are a lot of really naive people posting here or no one has really lived in Pattaya.  

17 hours ago, kwilco said:

..and your point is?

Do I have to have a point?? I was merely illustrating that any sizable variance in age difference equals "perversion" to a great many westerners. People in the United States always make accusations in two ways:  (1) Pedophilia and (2) Ladyboys.   They cannot wrap their small minds around the idea of living in a locale where their retirement funds go farther. It ALWAYS has to be some sexual component that led me here. It makes me furious when Westerners hint that they think I am involved in things that are shady or illegal.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You must have led a very sheltered life.

Back in early 1970s UK, I looked around and noticed plenty of the 14-year-old girls in my class were having sex, usually with much older guys (19,20 or older) who had cars. And smoking heroin in the girls toilets.

I have led a very sheltered life, I never went in girls toilets and did not know there were such goings on in them!!!

5 hours ago, cat handler said:

Oh dear, you can't tell the difference between work and haves sex with, they can work in a Gogo at 15 if they like, fully legal, //

Absolutely not legal!

18 yo is the strict minimum age for any people working in an agogo or night establishment.

Work for people 15-18 is possible but with many restrictions. One of them, from the Thai Labour Protection Act, is that people less than 18 yo cannot make night work. ( A bit of a problem for an agogo dancer :wink:)

On 12/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, Andrew65 said:

Yes, and in Europe some would easily pass for 19 and 20.

Not if they're Thai.  

It's only that Farang females age considerably faster, but in this case there's Thai girls. They would probably even look younger than 17-18 in the eyes of Farangs. Once again: Farangs' problems, not Thai problems.

6 hours ago, cat handler said:

Ah, the excuses of paedophiles, totally 

Legal in another country. 

Who cares? 

I had sex when I was underage, even with elder girls. Today the sexual revolution in Europe has actually come to an end, and the bigots rule those countries again. 

Fortunately I'm overage in Thailand now, so I comply to Thai laws (my guest country's laws) 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why can you not understand ?, that isnt pedophilia

Open google , put the word in the search engine and look up what the word means 

And why are you splitting hairs? Maybe some people lack the precision that you repeatedly insist on when making the pedophile call. That is irrelevant here.

The OP details the authorities finding two kids, one 16 and the other 17 in a sex-for-sale venue in Pattaya. If two kids of similar age were found in a similar type of establishment in any of the countries mentioned by others in some strange attempt to rationalize this as somehow being normal, there would be a similar furor. Just because kids appeared to be having fun and even if the kids were willing partners, it is totally wrong and unacceptable. The deplorable acts of adults facilitating this sex trade are only exceeded by the punters that crave it.

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And why are you splitting hairs? Maybe some people lack the precision that you repeatedly insist on when making the pedophile call. That is irrelevant here.

The OP details the authorities finding two kids, one 16 and the other 17 in a sex-for-sale venue in Pattaya. If two kids of similar age were found in a similar type of establishment in any of the countries mentioned by others in some strange attempt to rationalize this as somehow being normal, there would be a similar furor. Just because kids appeared to be having fun and even if the kids were willing partners, it is totally wrong and unacceptable. The deplorable acts of adults facilitating this sex trade are only exceeded by the punters that crave it.

Its hardly splitting hairs now is it ?

It is necessary to use the correct words when talking about things to fully understand what people mean .

A pedophile is some attracted pre pubescent children and they wouldnt be interested in 15 year olds .

Also , we were at the time just talking about generally , rather than this story and I have never claimed that its acceptable for 15 year olds to be whoring in bars

Archived