Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No idea mate. But most countries consider that children under 18 cannot "consent" to paid-for sex. I would think Australia is the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm sure you are correct but in deference to the Thai Visa posters I believe the majority never pay for it.  

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, bkk6060 said:
On 12/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

BritMan stated a fact that applies not only to Europe but to the overwhelming majority of countries.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world

4 hours ago, Naam said:
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, bkk6060 said:
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

BritMan stated a fact that applies not only to Europe

but to the overwhelming majority of countries.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world

Why always members to bring the "age of consent" in this kind of discussion?

"age of consent" in many countries does no apply in case of paid-service (prostitution).

My country (France) clearly made illegal the prostitution with a minor (less than 18yo)

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

"age of consent" in many countries does no apply in case of paid-service (prostitution).

My country (France) clearly made illegal the prostitution with a minor (less than 18yo)

I think because a person under the age of consent can't sign an employment contract to work at a bar. Or maybe it's the age of majority or some other name in Thailand.  I'm not up on it.  Can't be a minor have to be a major. 

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why?

Good question because other countries have nothing to do with Thailand or the topic of this thread.

Many are apologists that I guess in some way in their minds, are trying to justify the/their behavior.

All the likes and positive feedback on their posts can give one an idea of theirs and others thinking. 

Truly truly makes one wonder, doesn't it??

Just to add if you are a USA citizen, I hope you know the laws.

They have nothing to do with any other country you are in or visiting.

Any illicit contact or behavior with under 18 year old while being or traveling anyplace in the world, is 15 to 30 years in federal prison.

So, good luck!

35 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Many are apologists that I guess in some way in their minds, are trying to justify the/their behavior.

Paid prostitution is also illegal in most of those countries.

If the girl wasn't in a bar, 15 would have been OK in Thailand.

Justifying my behaviour,

Youngest girl I ever had sex with was 19, that was in the UK 40+ years back (and I married her 2 years later).

I managed a couple of Thai girls 22+ a while ago, oh and a 23yo Brit (not all at the same time).

I'm just tired of the same 'hang em high' posters that want a guy that had sex with a post-pubescent charged as a paedophile. Seems to me they have worse mental issues than the guys banging the teens.

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why?

Good question because other countries have nothing to do with Thailand or the topic of this thread.

All the likes and positive feedback on their posts can give one an idea of theirs and others thinking. 

Any illicit contact or behavior with under 18 year old while being or traveling anyplace in the world, is 15 to 30 years in federal prison.

So, good luck!

Of course not in the USA where the age of consent in many States is 16 or so.

33 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Of course not in the USA where the age of consent in many States is 16 or so.

Just another naive clueless post as US state law has nothing to do with this thread or this type of activity any place in the world outside of the US, as federal law dictates.

I suggest you educate yourself on this before you make a big mistake....

54 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

because they find the holier than thou attitude overlooking facts and reality of some members disgusting. some of them (like me) find it also utmost ridiculous referring to technicalities such as "paid sex illegal if...".

yawnnnn... :coffee1:

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just another naive clueless post as US state law has nothing to do with this thread or this type of activity any place in the world outside of the US, as federal law dictates.

I suggest you educate yourself on this before you make a big mistake....

You wrote, "Just to add if you are a USA citizen, I hope you know the laws."  And those laws state the age of consent in many places in the USA is 16 not 18.  My suggestion is stay in the USA if you want young women and leave Thailand for those of us who like older ladies. 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, neeray said:

Miss B Haven is definitely a clever name but not original. I have seen this name used in a western country. It is obviously aimed at English speaking men as a Thai would never get the drift of it, no matter how good their command of English is.

And I certainly agree with your last paragraph.

So you mean that as a Dutchman I am only allowed to understand this name to refer to their cup-size?

So all Thai are not-English speaking men? Only mad dogs and Englishmen understand a simple wordplay?

Very, very confusing.

25 minutes ago, Bullie said:

So you mean that as a Dutchman I am only allowed to understand this name to refer to their cup-size?

So all Thai are not-English speaking men? Only mad dogs and Englishmen understand a simple wordplay?

Very, very confusing.

Are you not an 'English speaking man'?

23 hours ago, Bullie said:

Very, very confusing.

Miss B Haven is not referring to their cup size. Miss B Haven = misbehaving--of a person, especially a child) fail to conduct oneself in a way that is acceptable to others; behave badly.

27 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Miss B Haven is not referring to their cup size. Miss B Haven = misbehaving--of a person, especially a child) fail to conduct oneself in a way that is acceptable to others; behave badly.

I believe he grasped that! Just offered an alternative understanding.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:53 PM, neeray said:

Ok.

Don't quite get your point. Maybe you are trying to tell me that you associate with Hi So. Well goody for you. Personally, I prefer real people.

BTW .... What is the purpose of "have have" versus have? Please enlighten me.

Sorry to go over your head.  I'll try to dumb it down for you.  The statement was made that Thais wouldn't understand what was said.  You are generalizing that all Thais have a poor command of English.  There are many Thais that have a high level of English due to the fact that they may have lived, worked, or studied overseas.  I know of many Thais that would easily understand this.  You, perhaps, may not have had that opportunity to associate with Thais other than those outside the bar industry.  You might be surprised to know that there are many Thais that don't work in the bar industry.  Making a general statement that no Thai would understand the statement is ludicrous.  

(have have means I don't type that great)

On 12/4/2018 at 7:40 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Except that's not true. There have been plenty of recent examples of Thai karaoke bars and massage places being raided and prosecuted for underage prostitution.

Care to provide some proof of these numerous "examples" (links, etc)? I have lived in Thailand for 8 years, and I recall only one instance of Thais being arrested for using underage prostitutes.

19 hours ago, dpspike said:

Care to provide some proof of these numerous "examples" (links, etc)? I have lived in Thailand for 8 years, and I recall only one instance of Thais being arrested for using underage prostitutes.

So you belive it’s only in the one you recall this things really happens? 

After living 8 years in Thailand I’m sure you must admit this is not the only one? ????????‍♀️????????

58 minutes ago, Anca said:

So you belive it’s only in the one you recall this things really happens? 

After living 8 years in Thailand I’m sure you must admit this is not the only one? ????????‍♀️????????

I have lived here longer and have come across quite few more instances of under 18 yos being employed in 'the business'...

Quite sure I can recall substantially more news reports of instances of it too. More recently news of crime etc in town seem to be suppressed. 

Try searching on ThaiVisa for a start. There have been lots of news threads on this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Pattayadonk said:

It’s was my mates bar and he is currently in prison looking at 45 years . But fingers crossed he will be released with it the next month 

Shame that he got mixed up in such a business. 

On 12/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, bkk6060 said:

Why?

So, good luck!

You're just a troll. 

Archived