If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? (2018)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Wife just put Elvis on....

I'll Remember You is now playing....Before that - Tomorrow is a Long Time....

Are you sure there is no bounty on your head?(life insurance)lol.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep wonderin' what Clapton was thinking when he saw Jimi in a club in London for the first time...one guitarist assessing the performance of another

with steve winwood and carlos santana sounded like steve was having trouble fitting into carlos' latin percussive groove...interesting to observe...

8 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

keep wonderin' what Clapton was thinking when he saw Jimi in a club in London for the first time...one guitarist assessing the performance of another

Have you seen this ???

46 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Have you seen this ???

i love that quote by Jack Bruce- ''The first time I saw Eric, I thought : Oh ! He's a master guitar player. But Eric was a guitar player, Jimi was some sort of force of nature."

Mahler was in love with Alma Schindler, the woman who

would have become his wife (“The most beautiful girl in

Vienna”)He keeps from declaring his love, so, one day, he

composes this music and sends her the score, without

even adding a word. She sits at the piano, plays the music,

and answers: 'Now you should come here.' I think it can be

considered the most beautiful love declaration of all time.

13 hours ago, bannork said:

i love that quote by Jack Bruce- ''The first time I saw Eric, I thought : Oh ! He's a master guitar player. But Eric was a guitar player, Jimi was some sort of force of nature."

I was with some mates in a volkswagen careening down a boulevard in eastern LA county in 1967 when someone put the 'are you experienced?' tape on the 8 track full blast...we were flyin' on dope and red wine but I listened stunned and in awe thinkin' what sort of derangement causes music like this to happen? didn't hear Clapton until Cream came out a year later...

in the volkswagen with Al the lead in the band who was munching on a burger who said 'awesome n***er...'...

then some years later with my proto feminist partner who was naked already I intoned the immortal lyrics from 'foxy lady'...'here I come babe, I comin' ta getcha!'...and she said I tole you that if you don't put that jimi hendrix stuff away you ain't gonna touch anything that I got...

and then many years later in the 13th floor of a high rise hotel in Ha Tinh province in VN as a typhoon was coming thru off the south china sea it was 'the wind cries mary' alternating with the most cacaphonous stuff that jimi ever recorded...dumb and mute watching the typhoon rainwater pouring in thru the badly fitted windows...a force of nature indeed...

20 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I was with some mates in a volkswagen careening down a boulevard in eastern LA county in 1967 when someone put the 'are you experienced?' tape on the 8 track full blast...we were flyin' on dope and red wine but I listened stunned and in awe thinkin' what sort of derangement causes music like this to happen? didn't hear Clapton until Cream came out a year later...

in the volkswagen with Al the lead in the band who was munching on a burger who said 'awesome n***er...'...

then some years later with my proto feminist partner who was naked already I intoned the immortal lyrics from 'foxy lady'...'here I come babe, I comin' ta getcha!'...and she said I tole you that if you don't put that jimi hendrix stuff away you ain't gonna touch anything that I got...

and then many years later in the 13th floor of a high rise hotel in Ha Tinh province in VN as a typhoon was coming thru off the south china sea it was 'the wind cries mary' alternating with the most cacaphonous stuff that jimi ever recorded...dumb and mute watching the typhoon rainwater pouring in thru the badly fitted windows...a force of nature indeed...

Get on with de book, 'Tropic Of Pisces' by Tutsi Miller Warrior.

Archived