Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music (2018)

CharlieH

Yes, at times.  Sometimes videos are taken down by YT or removed by user.  Happened on a YT video I posted just before they closed the original thread.  I came back to it to download it but was greeted with the "Video unavailable" message instead.  Searched YT for that same song (usually there are multiple uploads) but could not find it.  The only instance of it I could find was contained in a "full album" upload.

Well it’s good to know someone else is having the issue !!
Actually your problem makes sense, mine doesn’t !! For example I cannot play the collection I posted 2 posts ago on either app but on YT app no problem !!
Very random, normally I cannot play 7 or 8 out of 10 videos but today I could play 4 out of 5 of DB’s daily !!
I messaged Tapatalk and they replied with “ here’s a YT video can you play it “ well I couldn’t even open the link so I don’t expect much help from them !! They then went on to say that both apps needed updating so could I ask Thaivisa to update them please ????

Anyhoo here’s a video from Arnold Stirrup and the boys :

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, vogie said:

Came across this really interesting piece of history, if it is off topic mods please remove, couldn't think of anywhere else to post it.

Back to the days when you could book Pink Floyd for £250.

59573637_2662938390389715_2636209797677973504_n.jpg

Oh wow Vogie, that is something else! Marmalade at 350 pounds whilst Taste are only 150 pounds!

How much was a pint in 1969? It was 20 pence in 1974 at Bath University.

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here’s a great rock and prog collection of some rare stuff and some classics !!

There were some nice live versions on this compilation that I hadn't heard before.  Really liked Joe Walsh's Turned To Stone from a '72 performance.  You could feel the energy.  Had to replay it a few times.  Much better than the studio version in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well it’s good to know someone else is having the issue !!
Actually your problem makes sense, mine doesn’t !! For example I cannot play the collection I posted 2 posts ago on either app but on YT app no problem !!
Very random, normally I cannot play 7 or 8 out of 10 videos but today I could play 4 out of 5 of DB’s daily !!
I messaged Tapatalk and they replied with “ here’s a YT video can you play it “ well I couldn’t even open the link so I don’t expect much help from them !! They then went on to say that both apps needed updating so could I ask Thaivisa to update them please ????

Anyhoo here’s a video from Arnold Stirrup and the boys :

I always thought that Ian could have been a great actor if he had pursued it.

8 hours ago, bannork said:

Oh wow Vogie, that is something else! Marmalade at 350 pounds whilst Taste are only 150 pounds!

How much was a pint in 1969? It was 20 pence in 1974 at Bath University.

priceofapint.jpg.9b8ba45b0965f653e28a630b4af994a3.jpg

Don't weep into your pint, bannork.

10 hours ago, vogie said:

Came across this really interesting piece of history, if it is off topic mods please remove, couldn't think of anywhere else to post it.

Back to the days when you could book Pink Floyd for £250.

59573637_2662938390389715_2636209797677973504_n.jpg

Geezus, you could book multiple acts for your private party these days at those prices.  Nice find, vogie (and you posted in the right place).

Awesome!!  Rocky Mountain Way from the same show.  Love the voice box effect.

Yup, some music just sounds so much better live !!

I had two brothers 3 and 5 years older than me so my music tastes were defined by what they were into at the time .

For example.
Made in Japan was the first album I really adored I guess but was disappointed with their studio albums, even though I bought every one in a hope of finding similar ( Live in Europe comes a close second ).

Barnstormer and The Smoker ... were great albums and excellent for those quieter moments.
If you want Joe at his most energetic then You Can’t Argue With A Sick Mind is what is needed !!

Jewel Akens tells us about The Birds And The Bees back in '64.  Seems I found out some time before his educational song was released.  Our neighborhood when I was 6 years old had a lot of little kids.  There was this little gal who lived across the street from me and on one particular day we were playing together behind her garage.  Well suddenly, lo and behold she drops her little shorts and kicks them clean off.  Just about then another boy from our street happened upon us and as he spied her his eyes widened with, well, whatever it was I wouldn't call it lust.  But there was glee in his eye.  Shocked at the unexpected intrusion the little gal began to run with the other little boy in hot pursuit, round and round the garage they went, the whole while shrieking as only little girls can, "I'll only show Tippers" (names have been changed to protect the innocent).  Unfortunately, those kinds of experiences have long been lacking in my life.

1976 ( I was 15 years old ) Be Bop Deluxe hit the charts big time with Ships in the night !!
The album Sunburst Finish was also a roaring success !!
I remember sitting in a friend of a friends bedroom listening to it 3 times in succession. ( the provocative sleeve also got the attention of a 15 year old !! ).
Little did we know what a genius Bill Nelson was !!
Here’s a track.

Mahogany Rush, a Canadian band I've completely forgotten about.  Lead vocalist and lead guitar, Frank Marino, is with a doubt an exceptional guitar player.  Land Of 1,000 Nights off of their '75 Strange Universe LP.

Archived