BANGKOK 18 February 2019 06:38
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

Watch my teams (MLB) in season....Never really watch TV here, didn't in the states either....

Movies as they appeal....Check the listings weekly, if one of us says meh, then we'll pass.....

Actually, read more than any on screen stuff....

The 11 year old is about the only one in our house attracted to TV/smart TV - but she's starting to read more & using her school library privileges.....

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, CharlieH said:

Fresh start.

Why the fresh start for this and two music threads?

Also why is only the old version of this movies-or-tv-shows thread pinned and the older two music threads left unpinned to be forgotten? Surely a wealth of info on those two old music threads that will just get repeated??

Not a criticism (yet?) but curious?

Mrs Wilson is really very good & is about Ruth Wilson's Grandmother.

She plays the part convincingly; Deely Hawes as Dorothy seems to just be 'reading lines'.

• Like 2

I did my first binge watch with "The Good Fight". Smart, great characters, quick pace, surreal at times. Not for Trump backers, however.

My plan for this afternoon is to watch a couple of episodes of Frasier season 7 and then the third Hobbit movie.

Some excellent tv being produced.  The Good Fight, already mentioned, is a favorite.  Some others I've enjoyed: The Looming Tower, The Romanoffs, House of Cards, Ozark, The Deuce, Godless, The Handmaid's Tale, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, 13 Reasons Why, The Little Drummer Girl, The First, Atypical, Mr. Mercedes, The Sinner, and Goliath.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:42 AM, Will27 said:

For those asking about series 5 of Luther, it's starting on January 1st

and will play out every night for the rest of the week.

Four episodes in all.

Here's the latest trailer.

Thanks for the info, the previous 4 series were great

• Thanks 1

I got tired of all the gun toting "action movies" of which there are so many meaningless ones out there.

I started to search out all the Scandi Noir tv series which almost always have a great storyline and are usually very suspenseful. 

For example Bron Broen ( The Bridge) 3series, Forbrydelsen ( The Killing ),3series and many more of the same from Denmark, Sweden, Norway and even Iceland. 

If you haven't seen Engrenages ,6 series over 10 years and Braquo, both from France, you're missing some super stories..

Just a few ideas for those who need to view something different