What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch my teams (MLB) in season....Never really watch TV here, didn't in the states either....

Movies as they appeal....Check the listings weekly, if one of us says meh, then we'll pass.....

Actually, read more than any on screen stuff....

The 11 year old is about the only one in our house attracted to TV/smart TV - but she's starting to read more & using her school library privileges.....

On 12/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, CharlieH said:

Fresh start.

Why the fresh start for this and two music threads?

Also why is only the old version of this movies-or-tv-shows thread pinned and the older two music threads left unpinned to be forgotten? Surely a wealth of info on those two old music threads that will just get repeated??

Not a criticism (yet?) but curious?

Some excellent tv being produced.  The Good Fight, already mentioned, is a favorite.  Some others I've enjoyed: The Looming Tower, The Romanoffs, House of Cards, Ozark, The Deuce, Godless, The Handmaid's Tale, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, 13 Reasons Why, The Little Drummer Girl, The First, Atypical, Mr. Mercedes, The Sinner, and Goliath.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:42 AM, Will27 said:

For those asking about series 5 of Luther, it's starting on January 1st

and will play out every night for the rest of the week.

Four episodes in all.

Here's the latest trailer.

Thanks for the info, the previous 4 series were great

I got tired of all the gun toting "action movies" of which there are so many meaningless ones out there.

I started to search out all the Scandi Noir tv series which almost always have a great storyline and are usually very suspenseful. 

For example Bron Broen ( The Bridge) 3series, Forbrydelsen ( The Killing ),3series and many more of the same from Denmark, Sweden, Norway and even Iceland. 

If you haven't seen Engrenages ,6 series over 10 years and Braquo, both from France, you're missing some super stories..

Just a few ideas for those who need to view something different

Our cable tv network now seems to be using an American satellite and apart from the boxing and snooker channels I hardly watch it, endless violence on most movies with their insane wrestling on two or three channels.

TV Monde is the best station, Canadian but the movies are full length with English subtiles and no adverts. For those of us who remember Countdown, they have a similar presentation, numbers and letters, each weekday at 2pm

On 12/4/2018 at 6:01 PM, giddyup said:

Same old, same old, explosions, gun fights, SFX, oh and car chases, or was it bikes. Hardly any story to speak of.

Clearly I said, "if you like Marvel movies".

Clearly you don't. ????????

Personally, I don't mind their formula for mindless entertainment on occasion!!

32 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Clearly I said, "if you like Marvel movies".

Clearly you don't. ????????

Personally, I don't mind their formula for mindless entertainment on occasion!!

I have enjoyed the odd Marvel movie like Deadpool, but I found Venom boring and derivative, but that's me.

I download older TV shows, I have watched the whole Dallas series, The Fugitive (That's the old one with David Jansen, Doc Martin, Prisoner Cell Block H.

Just now, I am watching LA Law, Knots Landing, 7th Heaven.

someone said something in the old topic about Dr Who being silly? I was laying in front of the box one Sunday morning in California with a raging hangover about 35 years ago and a Dr Who episode came on, 'Stones of blood' with Tom Baker...and that twisted my head every which way and I thought that I was having the DTs...outrageous storyline with fake effects and everything and no attempt to be believable...quite the opposite...

there was an obvious LSD perspective in play here and I became a Dr Who fan forever after...his 'assistant' Romana at the time was quite tasty as well...

On 12/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, Jonnapat said:

I got tired of all the gun toting "action movies" of which there are so many meaningless ones out there.

I started to search out all the Scandi Noir tv series which almost always have a great storyline and are usually very suspenseful. 

For example Bron Broen ( The Bridge) 3series, Forbrydelsen ( The Killing ),3series and many more of the same from Denmark, Sweden, Norway and even Iceland. 

If you haven't seen Engrenages ,6 series over 10 years and Braquo, both from France, you're missing some super stories..

Just a few ideas for those who need to view something different

scandi noir tv ,, always enjoy them until the end and in proportion to the scale of the story the resolutions ARE really disapointingly weak  shame

If you like Forged in Fire you will like this guy. Incredible how he works the metal.

Available on Chaos

Forged With Steele will follow the up-and-coming star of English blacksmithing and blade-smithing, YouTube personality Alec Steele, as he recreates a breathtaking array of historic weaponry, in his Norwich forge.

Archived