What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Watched "The Favourite" last night and wasn't overly impressed with it, and Queen Anne's supposed lesbian tendencies were given too much free rein by the producer, as without this, the movie wouldn't have worked.
Main reason I've put this and Mary Queen of Scots (2018) on the Movies Binned list.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SooKee said:
3 hours ago, xylophone said:
Watched "The Favourite" last night and wasn't overly impressed with it, and Queen Anne's supposed lesbian tendencies were given too much free rein by the producer, as without this, the movie wouldn't have worked.

Main reason I've put this and Mary Queen of Scots (2018) on the Movies Binned list.

Actually thought that "Mary........." was a better movie!

2 hours ago, SooKee said:
16 hours ago, xylophone said:
Actually thought that "Mary........." was a better movie!

Better it might have been. Accurate it ain't LOL.

Actually there were some elements of truth in it SooKee, esp as regards the internal conflicts in the court and family of Mary. A bit like the Elizabeth movies, elements of truth, but not in the correct timelines, but the director/producer tries to cobble something together that is "interesting" and of course makes money!!

El Recluso AKA The Inmate

Watching this one on Netflix and really enjoying it.
Based on the excellent series El Marginal.

Summary: An American SPEC OPS infiltrates one of Mexico's toughest prisons in search of information
on the whereabouts of an American politician's daughter.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The Trailer says 2019 so not sure if it's the same.

I just checked - JHolmesJr said it takes place in Bodrum, and the blurb on TPB says the same.

IMDB lists it as 2018 and Bodrum.

Probably still being sold to additional territories in 2019 so they upped the date.

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

El Recluso AKA The Inmate

Watching this one on Netflix and really enjoying it.
Based on the excellent series El Marginal.

Summary: An American SPEC OPS infiltrates one of Mexico's toughest prisons in search of information
on the whereabouts of an American politician's daughter.

Did you have to download episode by episode?

I only see singles on TPB and nothing on RAR.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:43 PM, Snow Leopard said:

I watched it on Netflix. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vietnam_War_(TV_series)

Gives the basics. It was really informative for me.

Just watched episode 1 and even though I may have seen excerpts from it before, I found it fascinating.

Also wondered how the French have managed to <deleted> up so many countries and lose so many wars/battles.....well they would have lost two "world wars" if it wasn't for the help they received!!!

Thanks for the recommendation. 

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Just watched episode 1 and even though I may have seen excerpts from it before, I found it fascinating.

Also wondered how the French have managed to <deleted> up so many countries and lose so many wars/battles.....well they would have lost two "world wars" if it wasn't for the help they received!!!

Well, the USA didn't do that great a job either.

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Its one of them things. You know bits and pieces from excerpts from history, news and peoples accounts but to get the chronological story and build up and details of everyone involved was great.  

Really no idea how this one slipped under the radar seeing as I tend to hunt this type of stuff out.  Halfway through season one of the Starz (currently two season) series 'Counterpart' starring J K Simmons: "A hapless UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension that's in Cold War with our own, and where his other self is a top spy. The war slowly heats up thanks to spies from both sides."

Great story / script, very good acting, unfolds in a very clever way.  Great stuff.

Archived